ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What are you listening to right now?

Before my time, but I have a deep respect for it.
Same here. When I was in high school (mid-80s), I used to work at a grocery store that played the local radio station over the speakers. On Sunday nights, the station would play WW II era big band/swing music. I always was interested in WW II because I grew up surrounded by relatives who fought in the war so I got into the music.

As a drummer, I’m also a huge fan of Gene Krupa (plays the drums in Sing) & Buddy Rich. For their time & still today, they are some of the best drummers. Absolutely phenomenal!

Same here. When I was in high school (mid-80s), I used to work at a grocery store that played the local radio station over the speakers. On Sunday nights, the station would play WW II era big band/swing music. I always was interested in WW II because I grew up surrounded by relatives who fought in the war so I got into the music.

As a drummer, I’m also a huge fan of Gene Krupa (plays the drums in Sing) & Buddy Rich. For their time & still today, they are some of the best drummers. Absolutely phenomenal!
I graduated in 1985. I too played the drums in high school. I remember using drumsticks that Buddy Rich endorsed. Small world.

Reactions: Lars72
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT