ADVERTISEMENT

Maurice Washington

Maurice can't play for any NCAA D1 program in 2018. He won't be eligible. Nebraska is just trying to get him to the point where he can officially enroll, and then redshirt. He would be allowed to practice, but would not be allowed to play in any games under the new 4 game redshirt allowance.

The NCAA has changed their tone on allowing kids a little more flexibility to get into D1 programs, but he still needs to earn at least a 20 on his ACT. I don't know if that's attainable for someone who has already barely graduated high school.

At the risk of initiating too much hyperbole, Washington runs like Eric Dickerson. Yoi do whatever it takes to bring in a running back who looks like Eric Dickerson while galloping to the end zone.

Ok I have heard that before but my question is why? If he has graduated from high school and has the test scores whats the holdup? Is there another academic issue or something else? The prop 48 plan sound pretty much like what you described
It has to do with core classes. For college admission, you have to achieve certain grade levels in certain core classes. The lower those core class grades, the higher your ACT score must be as an offset. High school graduation requirements just are NOT the same as college admission requirements.

Reactions: huskerfan66
So he has to get a 20 on his ACTs?

I had a somewhat smart kid in my class, that had mostly As and Bs on his report card all through school, get a 9 on his ACT the first time he took it. Then a 16. Then finally a 21 the 3rd time.

I got a 21 my first time and a 24 my second time. Not good, but average, but I was almost a straight A student and at the time I was happy with my score. Then I go to college and all my friends scored a 27 and above. I felt dumb.

With this thinking, I find it hard to believe that MW will score a 20, but I sure hope he gets it! There was a C and D student in my class that got a 23, so surely MW has a chance. Keep your nose in the books and study for that damn test kid. Good luck to him.

So he has to get a 20 on his ACTs?

I had a somewhat smart kid in my class, that had mostly As and Bs on his report card all through school, get a 9 on his ACT the first time he took it. Then a 16. Then finally a 21 the 3rd time.

I got a 21 my first time and a 24 my second time. Not good, but average, but I was almost a straight A student and at the time I was happy with my score. Then I go to college and all my friends scored a 27 and above. I felt dumb.

With this thinking, I find it hard to believe that MW will score a 20, but I sure hope he gets it! There was a C and D student in my class that got a 23, so surely MW has a chance. Keep your nose in the books and study for that damn test kid. Good luck to him.
Maurice says he studies for the test every night - seems motivated and confident that he will get the score.

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
Maurice says he studies for the test every night - seems motivated and confident that he will get the score.
i can remember when NEB fans would scream in outrage at other schools when other schools went to long lengths to try to get good players eligible who weren't necessarily college material.
now neb fans say neb is helping those same kids by giving them a chance.
now i would venture a guess that neb will have a greater influx of juco kids than any other B10 program.

LOL

i can remember when NEB fans would scream in outrage at other schools when other schools went to long lengths to try to get good players eligible who weren't necessarily college material.
now i would venture a guess that neb will have a greater influx of juco kids than any other B10 program.

LOL
Good try, good effort. Thanks for playing and for giving the website the clicks.

LOL
Hoping a kid studies and qualifies legally by earning a 20 on the act isnt exactly going to long lengths you idiot.

LOL
Yawn, what a lame attempt at a troll. Surely you can do better than that or you might as well go home. :rolleyes:

LOL
That was back in the day when the general student body was college material.

I think the coaches are hedging their bets, for sure. But I'm of the opinion he's going to make it on campus. Just a hunch. But his academic needs aren't that insurmountable. And if he weren't going to make it, he'd already be scouring the JUCO's. We will have to wait and see.

Reactions: Doniphan89

LOL

been reading these boards for a long time and don't remember the crap you are typing about. I only remember complaints about other schools paying players and/or parents and/or representatives to influence the kids to go to those schools. So, go peddle your crap somewhere else. Your memory might not be as long as your list of posted messages.

Blame high schools. Now that we are perfectly ok graduating with D's in core subjects like Math. Most colleges and community colleges have remedial classes that those students have to take for either 1 or 2 semesters. Good lesson to learn. A close relative of mine had to take a full year of basically recycled High School classes in his first year of college to make up for it. The look on his face when he had to pay to retake his HS classes...priceless.

As for ACTs, a 20 is "do you have pulse?". It is 50th percentile.

Blame high schools. Now that we are perfectly ok graduating with D's in core subjects like Math. Most colleges and community colleges have remedial classes that those students have to take for either 1 or 2 semesters. Good lesson to learn. A close relative of mine had to take a full year of basically recycled High School classes in his first year of college to make up for it. The look on his face when he had to pay to retake his HS classes...priceless.

Ha ha ha a pulse? So basically half the kids who take the ACT score 20 or above, the other half is apparently dead.

I don’t blame high schools. If a D is passing then it’s passing. If a kid wants to do the minimum to pass, that’s on him/ her. This is the category your relative fits in. His/her issue not the schools.

89f7df818bfdb1cb589f93abd93a377b.jpg

Sorry your close relative chose to take really weak classes in high school before going to college?

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Yes, and you benched 525, had a vertical of 47" and ran the 40 in 4.27. C'mon, get it all out..
Hate much. I scored a 32 without ever studying and binge gaming the night before it's not that tough. I will balance it out as at 330lb I benched a solid 175 have a vertical of 22 and ran a 40 in 4.86 (at 210 lbs)

Reactions: LP4NU
Hate much. I scored a 32 without ever studying and binge gaming the night before it's not that tough. I will balance it out as at 330lb I benched a solid 175 have a vertical of 22 and ran a 40 in 4.86 (at 210 lbs)

Did you get a full ride academic scholarship or accepted to ivy league, or something like that? Seriously, curious. I never took the ACT (took the SAT) so, I don't even know what the max on the ACT is. Is max a 34 or 35?

Last edited:
Did you get a full ride academic scholarship or accepted to ivy league, or something like that? Seriously, curious. I never took the ACT (took the SAT) so, I don't even know what the max on the ACT is. Is max a 34 or 35?
Yeah I had a full ride to Cincinnati, Lincoln, and uno (the schools I applied to). The max in 2001 was 36 I believe they changed the scale sometime after. I passed on school to pursue music. I'm back in school now and can get a full ride at SDSU, and cal-berkley but I wont uproot my family. My sister scored a 31 and my brother scored a 30

Top score is a 36. To get academic scholarships and stuff you still need a good enough GPA and a good ACT score. I got a good ACT score but my GPA wasn't quite high enough to get a full ride to UNL haha I still wish I would've studied for a few more tests in high school and bumped it up enough.

Top score is a 36. To get academic scholarships and stuff you still need a good enough GPA and a good ACT score. I got a good ACT score but my GPA wasn't quite high enough to get a full ride to UNL haha I still wish I would've studied for a few more tests in high school and bumped it up enough.
I went to summer school every year in high school or I would've been in the same boat my freshman year was baaaaaad

Sorry your close relative chose to take really weak classes in high school before going to college?
No, simply lazy in regular classes. If you get low grades and still pass high school, there is no guarentee that you will meet college requirements.

No, simply lazy in regular classes. If you get low grades and still pass high school, there is no guarentee that you will meet college requirements.

Are you blaming the high schools for your inability to spell guarantee? Ha ha ha just kidding. It was a softball, tossed right over the middle of the plate. Plus I scored a 36 on my ACT

Reactions: Gucci_mAYne420
Nothing like a thread where anonymous people brag incessantly about their unverifiable accomplishments.

Why shouldn't they if they have something to be proud of. Not hurting me any. I'm not threatened by it or jealous of it. It is commendable to apply themselves.

Reactions: jeans15
Are you blaming the high schools for your inability to spell guarantee? Ha ha ha just kidding. It was a softball, tossed right over the middle of the plate. Plus I scored a 36 on my ACT

That's pretty cool, too. Did you get a full ride, too?

I got a 20 on the ACT my first time taking it and quit because that’s all I needed for my basketball scholarship. Almost got kicked out of the test because I was throwing pencils at my friends in the testing room.

ACT is multiple choice and you are not penalized for wrong answers like on the SAT. Standardized tests are a bit of a joke, and from what I have heard they are on the way out at multiple colleges.

The max is a 36, I believe, but I flew past that 45 minutes into the test, and ended up with a score of 64.

ADVERTISEMENT