ADVERTISEMENT

Maurice Washington

To be clear:

Is the rumor that he's cleared and able to enroll at NU?

That is what I was hoping for and I also think he's going to be a monster RB in a year or two.

This is definitely one recruit I’m crossing my fingers that makes it. I don’t care if he can play this year or not, just as long as we get him on campus for 4-5 years. I agree, this guy could end up being a monster RB.

Reactions: frankluv
I will be extremely pleased if/when he takes an actual snap in a game. Winking

ExcellentGlitteringAlaskajingle-max-1mb.gif

The goal with him is to get him enrolled at NU even though he won't be eligible in 2018. I'm not sure if he's allowed to practice in that scenario, but could at least get into the University's support system and work on getting qualified.

Not really sure what he did to get himself booted from school, but sometimes a kid needs a change of peers and some positive pressure. If he doesn't live up to his end of the bargain, oh well, the RB recruiting train isn't waiting on anyone.

If he gets his test score he is coming to Lincoln. He will be able to practice I think but not play. Basically sounds like what the prop 48 kids were

Reactions: TheBeav815
The goal with him is to get him enrolled at NU even though he won't be eligible in 2018. I'm not sure if he's allowed to practice in that scenario, but could at least get into the University's support system and work on getting qualified.

Not really sure what he did to get himself booted from school, but sometimes a kid needs a change of peers and some positive pressure. If he doesn't live up to his end of the bargain, oh well, the RB recruiting train isn't waiting on anyone.

Well we can be sure it wasn’t anything on social media, we don’t recruit people with that kind of baggage.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
I'm thinking that this kid will be a tough one to get to campus and probably even tougher to keep. Seems like he wants quick success (which we all do) but it often doesn't work out like that. Just an assumption on my part, no facts.

Why share just an assumption? lmao

if he has the grades now and his ACT scores are good enough why couldn't he play in 18?

As I posted many months ago, he is a must get. When stars start lining up like this (getting breaks like him qualifying), to me it's a sign that good things are coming.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
He graduated high school but he still needs a high enough ACT score (takes the test last week in July). The ACT bar he must clear is a couple of points higher than the average requirement because his GPA is low.

He graduated high school but he still needs a high enough ACT score (takes the test last week in July). The ACT bar he must clear is a couple of points higher than the average requirement because his GPA is low.

I'm posting this video on the presumption that he achieves said ACT score.*

So if he gets a 20 can he play in the fall
No, I don't think he will play in any games this Fall under the plan Nebraska has for him (but he'll be allowed to practice if he can qualify to enroll). He'll enroll this Fall with the right ACT but has to take an academic year off from playing in any games. Then he'll be ready to play for next year's season (assuming his college classes go well enough this year).

No, I don't think he will play in any games this Fall under the plan Nebraska has for him (but he'll be allowed to practice if he can qualify to enroll). He'll enroll this Fall with the right ACT but has to take an academic year off from playing in any games. Then he'll be ready to play for next year's season (assuming his college classes go well enough this year).
Ok I have heard that before but my question is why? If he has graduated from high school and has the test scores whats the holdup? Is there another academic issue or something else? The prop 48 plan sound pretty much like what you described

Ok I have heard that before but my question is why? If he has graduated from high school and has the test scores whats the holdup? Is there another academic issue or something else? The prop 48 plan sound pretty much like what you described
His GPA on his core classes is not high enough is I believe what the issue is. He had a high enough overall GPA to graduate and possibly qualify as an academic redshirt candidate where he will have to pass classes that would raise his core classes from high school. At least that is how I understand it.

Reactions: jeans15

It is not as simple as just graduating. It is fairly confusing and you have to sit down and map it all out. Bottom line is you have to take 16 core courses and have a specified GPA in those courses. All of that is used to determine what kind of SAT/ACT test score you need. Here is the link to the NCAA requirements.

Having dealt with this and reading about him moving to various schools, it is very easy for things to get lost in the shuffle. Three math classes with the minimum being Algebra I alone puts considerable pressure on. If kids do not get started on the right foot as a freshman, it is really hard to get back on track. While I feel sorry for the kid and all he has gone through, the bottom line is he is going to have to completely change his ways and make academics a focus.

Last edited:
I've said it before, I will be very surprised if he ever plays a down of football at Nebraska.

And I don't think it's a coincidence we already have 3 RBs committed for the 2019 class.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
It is not as simple as just graduating. It is fairly confusing and you have to sit down and map it all out. Bottom line is you have to take 16 core courses and have a specified GPA in those courses. All of that is used to determine what kind of SAT/ACT test score you need. Here is the link to the NCAA requirements.

Having dealt with this and reading about him moving to various schools, it is very easy for things to get lost in the shuffle. Three math classes with the minimum being Algebra I alone puts considerable pressure on. If kids do not get started on the right foot as a freshman, it is really hard to get back on track. While I feel sorry for the kid and all he has gone through, the bottom line is he is going to have to completely change his ways and make academics a focus.

Not only does he have to have16 credits of core courses with a 2.3 gpa, he would’ve had to complete 10 of those credits by 11th grade. Given he wasn’t playing football in 11th grade he probably didn’t do well enough to get his 10 core credits completed. Another article I read this morning said even if he gets a 20 on the ACT in July, Nebraska is going to apply for an academic redshirt waiver so no matter what doesn’t sound like he’ll be on the field in 2018.

I think the short answer to why he can be at NU and not play is that NU and the NCAA don't have the same entry standards. Getting admitted to a school doesn't mean you get to play sports for them automatically.

If the college got to be the one to determine what athletic eligibility is, you can see where that would turn into a circus.

I think the short answer to why he can be at NU and not play is that NU and the NCAA don't have the same entry standards. Getting admitted to a school doesn't mean you get to play sports for them automatically.

If the college got to be the one to determine what athletic eligibility is, you can see where that would turn into a circus.

I think the shorter answer is that he didn’t do what he needed to do

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT