ADVERTISEMENT

many of you have visited this stadium in lawrence ...

AVeritas

Junior
May 29, 2001
thus, i thought this picture might be interesting to some here.

20231221-KU-football-stadium-construction-4.jpg

Place always reminded me of a barn in terms of appearance and smell. Hope they manage to keep that barnyard feel for the traditionalists.

Cool photo but artist rendering and reality very seldom look the same.
yeah, it's a huge project that happened only because our kansas governor gifted ku $80 million in the guise of economic development. it will certainly be a huge upgrade over their former memorial stadium which reminded me of east german architecture with 19th century sanitation. the new stadium will seat around 40,000.

Reactions: GaRed
Did Trev drive by on his way to College Station and blow the stadium up real good?

yeah, it's a huge project that happened only because our kansas governor gifted ku $80 million in the guise of economic development. it will certainly be a huge upgrade over their former memorial stadium which reminded me of east german architecture with 19th century sanitation. the new stadium will seat around 40,000.
Only happened because of tbe
You are dead wrong if you think that's only way this happened.

Only happened because of tbe

You are dead wrong if you think that's only way this happened.
not only did the governor give ku football reno an $80 million welfare payment the school itself gifted $150 million from its endowment both of which were precedent setting.

LED Lighting in 5 years, most new stadiums lighting will look like that.
that's a false narrative. many stadiums today are led equipped including k-state's. and they certainly don't look like the ku stadium rendering.

thus, i thought this picture might be interesting to some here.

20231221-KU-football-stadium-construction-4.jpg
Is that the same scoreboard from 2007?! Yikes. I can still see 76-39 KU on that thing. How much does KU want for it?! I'll buy it and make it fish habitat at Big Mac.

I enjoyed visiting that stadium.

Hope the new one is better than the rendering, yikes

Is that the same scoreboard from 2007?! Yikes. I can still see 76-39 KU on that thing. How much does KU want for it?! I'll buy it and make it fish habitat at Big Mac.
Sad thing is that game is the one and only Husker away game I’ve been to. On a good note, I didn’t see the final score on the scoreboard cause we left at halftime, went back to our tailgate and watched other games. Glad to see it go.

Sad thing is that game is the one and only Husker away game I’ve been to. On a good note, I didn’t see the final score on the scoreboard cause we left at halftime, went back to our tailgate and watched other games. Glad to see it go.
Oh sad that was your only away game. 😂
In an alternate universe you would hope that the Huskers putting up 39 points would always mean we had a good chance to win.

Reactions: Papa...Football
Cow shit. Sorry to have confused you. The place smells like cow shit.
Your stadium's a baseball throw away from the sh#t laundry creek by Cornhusker Hwy and your throwing shade?

I've I've never known KU stadium to smell like that in the hundreds of games I have been to.

Nobody on here is comparing our stadium or our history of our football program to yours so relax and don't be so insecure.

Last edited:
Reactions: pascal
Your stadium's a baseball throw away from the sh#t laundry creek by Cornhusker Hwy and your throwing shade?

I've I've never known KU stadium to smell like that in the hundreds of games I have been to.

Nobody on here is comparing our stadium or our history of our football program to years set relax and don't be so insecure.
VirginHawk, driving up and seeing the real Memorial stadium is an amazing site.

VirginHawk, driving up and seeing the real Memorial stadium is an amazing site.
Yes...it's kinda like comparing PBA to Allen Fieldhouse. Both are very nice for different reasons but there's no comparison. That said, the new stadium in Lawrence will be a huge upgrade for a program that is trending upward.

Reactions: vighawk

Nobody on here is comparing our stadium or our history of our football program to yours so relax and don't be so insecure.
Not at all insecure - I’m not comparing anything at Kansas to Lincoln. That would be pointless. I’m just saying that my memories of the stadium at KU are of Nebraska scoring at will and a run down place that smells like piss and cow shit. If your mileage varies, good for you.

Reactions: Streamer15
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT