ADVERTISEMENT

LSU/Clemson College football championship who are you picking?

kerpal_68

Athletic Director
Dec 12, 2005
It's a home game for LSU but I think the fact Clemson has been in this situation helps them out. I'm taking Clemson.

Clemson. I get the sense of a little too much pride from LSU, having read some briefs and quotes and this being their first time in the playoff. Dabo is excellent at playing the underdog narrative against that. This also isn't Oklahoma that they are facing.

With missed calls and the ESPN narrative aside, Venables' defenses held 2019 Ohio State to 23 points and 2018 Alabama to 16 points in last year's championship game.

Im tied for first in the office pool, we both have lsu..so we have to be closest to the combined score. I picked 69 the other guy 58..

I just don't see this as a bears game..I think one offense breaks free...and the other offense will still put at least 23 on the board.

Go back to last year, I do not remember a single person picking Clemson over 'Bama...i'm sure it happened, I just don't remember it, and Clemson baby seal clubbed 'em....but I think LSU is to much for them and I'm going to fall into the trap of "When in doubt, pick the SEC"...because you will be right more often than not.

Everything seems to lean LSU and that is who I want to win and would bet to win. Because of that feeling, you should probably take Clemson on the Moneyline.

Another key is this game will be played in LSU back yard so too speak...So it’s a home game for LSU..

Nebraska has beaten LSU twice in the Sugar Bowl but that was in the middle 80’s...

Last edited:
Clemson. Even being much younger I trust Lawrence more. And etienne is the best non-qb skill guy in the game, I don’t get why he doesn’t get talked about more, he is electric and will completely change the game with a few huge plays.

Really can't stand either of the QBs Sick

I'll take Clemson

LSU but it’s decided late as the teams play a back and forth. Think a turnover late seals it.

I really like LSU's offensive line. If Clemson wants to bring 4, it allows JB to sit back and pick them apart or run the ball with Edwards-Helaire. If you bring heat, good luck covering that corps. Venables is going to have to run a lot of different games with his DL in order to mess with Burrow's pocket presence. The only team to have success slowing LSU down was Auburn, who ran with 4 guys in the box and I believe that 2 of those guys are all-americans. I don't think Clemson has the front that Auburn had.

On the flip side, I think Delpit comes up big tonight with a turnover. Stingley's length at corner should match up well with Higgins or Ross. Should be a fun game.

I think LSU wins by a decent margin, but would rather see Clemson win. Dabo is a good guy.
dabo is a good guy? same guy who prints cash and says he'll quit the day his players make a nickel? same guy who juiced his D-Line then threw them under the bus the second it came out? please. dabo is a sleazebag.

you want to root for a good guy look no further than Coach O.

I was listening to Coach O a while back and his voice reminded me of a voice I used to hear... Cookie Monster

Reactions: WC_'sker
dabo is a good guy? same guy who prints cash and says he'll quit the day his players make a nickel? same guy who juiced his D-Line then threw them under the bus the second it came out? please. dabo is a sleazebag.

you want to root for a good guy look no further than Coach O.
Not arguing...do you have more info/links on Dabo's sleaziness? I can't say that I've followed all that closely. He seemed pretty good on the surface.

Will Joe Burrow turn down the draft to become a Grad Assistant at Nebrasky?

Tough call on the illegal receiver downfield. Usually isn’t called in that situation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT