ADVERTISEMENT

Little ferentz issue??

So you think he improves them to their fullest? Yes he imoroves them some. But not to where Iowa fans think he does. If he did, you team would win more games on a regular basis.

In regards to CFB, Iowa is to the huskers what ISU is to the hawks. Hawks sneak up on better teams every year. Hawk fans are the worst, just read any national CFB forum for confirmation of that statement.

Reactions: SOHusker11
You think NFL owners are drafting kids because they still have a lot to learn? Meaning Kirk is bad at developing kids to their fullest potential? I hope I'm just misunderstanding what you are saying because that's kind of crazy.

As I've stated in this thread many times, Kirk's issue is stubbornness on gameday. He doesn't change philosophy whether he is playing Michigan or NDSU.

Funny we use to have a coach like that...

If you're referring to Pelini there is a difference. Kirk doesn't get blown out often and actually wins a few big games. Pelini would beat who he was supposed to but get embarrassed against good teams.
No difference in what he bolded... pepino was stubborn on game day and didn't change gameplans from one week to the next.

Edit: just now saw that pelini was autocorrected to pepino, lol!

Last edited:
So you think he improves them to their fullest? Yes he imoroves them some. But not to where Iowa fans think he does. If he did, you team would win more games on a regular basis.
I'm not sure how many more times I state it but lack of talent isn't really his issue. Lack of skill players on offense being pro's could definitely hurt him from winning games. But it's his philosophy. Iowa fans all the right in the world to suggest that Kirk is one of the best at getting the full potential out of kids. He is also one of the best at identifying talent. Which is why recruiting rankings become less valuable in the Iowa world.

Ya he is great at identifying it but doesnt want to recruit it. Lol. Get off Ferentz nuts. You will want him fired after he loses to wyoming and has a losing record again this year.

Ya he is great at identifying it but doesnt want to recruit it. Lol. Get off Ferentz nuts. You will want him fired after he loses to wyoming and has a losing record again this year.
I'm not following. He has recruited countless underrated guys into NFL players. Josey Jewell's only other offer was from Luther College. Mike Daniels, Micah Hyde, Akrum Wadley, Jewell, Anthony Hitchens, are all examples of two stars that are making NFL or will be after next year. You should see the list of three stars in the NFL with no offers or a couple MAC offers.

Also, I'm not sure I would be poking fun at Ferentz for having an under .500 season since Riley is the most recent to do so. Kirk has only had two losing seasons in the last 15 years. (Not counting his first two years as a head coach taking over 3-8 talent).

If you're referring to Pelini there is a difference. Kirk doesn't get blown out often and actually wins a few big games. Pelini would beat who he was supposed to but get embarrassed against good teams.
Not a pelini apologist, but he did coach a win against tOSU. KF has one win against tOSU, 13 years ago and Iowa only has 2 wins against tOSU in the last 25 years. Iowa football, now that's a real cute program. Typical Iowa fan, woulda, coulda,shoulda and we lose by less. Get lost.

Not a pelini apologist, but he did coach a win against tOSU. KF has one win against tOSU, 13 years ago and Iowa only has 2 wins against tOSU in the last 25 years. Iowa football, now that's a real cute program. Typical Iowa fan, woulda, coulda,shoulda and we lose by less. Get lost.
You seem fun. Can we tailgate on Black Friday?
Talking about not getting blown out very often is being used as evidence to my assertion that KF's philosophy works but can also hinder him. Kirk had his chance against OSU in 2010 but chickened out. I'll never forgive him for giving away the conference championship.

Didn't Pelini beat OSU when they were not very good? I think they ended the season 6-7 under Luke Fickell.

You seem fun. Can we tailgate on Black Friday?
Talking about not getting blown out very often is being used as evidence to my assertion that KF's philosophy works but can also hinder him. Kirk had his chance against OSU in 2010 but chickened out. I'll never forgive him for giving away the conference championship.

Didn't Pelini beat OSU when they were not very good? I think they ended the season 6-7 under Luke Fickell.
We've heard it all before from Iowa fan, woulda, coulda, shoulda....there's enough huskers talk on the Iowa board, please go there with your nonsense.

Pelini had a few big game wins while still in the Big 12.

I'm not following. He has recruited countless underrated guys into NFL players. Josey Jewell's only other offer was from Luther College. Mike Daniels, Micah Hyde, Akrum Wadley, Jewell, Anthony Hitchens, are all examples of two stars that are making NFL or will be after next year. You should see the list of three stars in the NFL with no offers or a couple MAC offers.

Also, I'm not sure I would be poking fun at Ferentz for having an under .500 season since Riley is the most recent to do so. Kirk has only had two losing seasons in the last 15 years. (Not counting his first two years as a head coach taking over 3-8 talent).
Incorrect. Had a UNI offer, but liked Luther better

Reactions: SWIowahawks

Again, you will want him fired after losing to Wyoming the first game of the year. Yes, he gets the most out of what the recruiting guys think as lessor talent. However, just think if he knew how to recruit the big boys, how many more wins and championships could Iowa have? But he would rather not have to work as hard for his over paid salary. Also again, with all this NFL caliber talent, Herkie fan still hangs their hat on an average of 7 win seasons. No expectations in Herkie land.

Again, you will want him fired after losing to Wyoming the first game of the year. Yes, he gets the most out of what the recruiting guys think as lessor talent. However, just think if he knew how to recruit the big boys, how many more wins and championships could Iowa have? But he would rather not have to work as hard for his over paid salary. Also again, with all this NFL caliber talent, Herkie fan still hangs their hat on an average of 7 win seasons. No expectations in Herkie land.
The problem is that if he loses to Wyoming, he will end up beating OSU or something dumb. He does just enough every few years to make you stop hating him. The vast majority of Hawkeye nation wanted him gone after the 2014 season. But the buyout was insane. Then he goes 12-0 and comes within seconds of the playoff. It would be like Mike Reilly going 7-5 in 2017 and everyone wants him gone asap. Then 2018 rolls around and they go 11-1 or more. What do you do? You keep him around. Unfortunately, Gary Barta gave him a ten year contract with an insane buyout after going 11-2 and winning a BCS game.

And then another lifetime contract after the 12z0 season. You wouldnt be abke to fire him if he went 0-12 the next 3 years. How freaking awesome that would be.

And then another lifetime contract after the 12z0 season. You wouldnt be abke to fire him if he went 0-12 the next 3 years. How freaking awesome that would be.
Yeah, I've stated the contract as being an issue a few times. Atleast he didn't wait too long to shake things up this time.

The problem is that if he loses to Wyoming, he will end up beating OSU or something dumb. He does just enough every few years to make you stop hating him. The vast majority of Hawkeye nation wanted him gone after the 2014 season. But the buyout was insane. Then he goes 12-0 and comes within seconds of the playoff. It would be like Mike Reilly going 7-5 in 2017 and everyone wants him gone asap. Then 2018 rolls around and they go 11-1 or more. What do you do? You keep him around. Unfortunately, Gary Barta gave him a ten year contract with an insane buyout after going 11-2 and winning a BCS game.
You're a little out over your skis stating iowa would beat tOSU. Hawks have benefited greatly from their conference schedule for the past several years. Please do not equate beating Mich in 2016 with hawks chances against tOSU.

But he will beat Nebraska again this year so that has to account for something.

Well shit, Im glad the great Arbit8 has said Iowa will win, so I will be able to go shopping instead of watching the game. Oh Herkie fan, you make us all feel so much smarter.

But he will beat Nebraska again this year so that has to account for something.

If we have a QB that can't walk again, you may be right. But I'm guessing we will have a QB that doesn't have a torn hamstring that is forced to play.

Reactions: bigboxes
If we have a QB that can't walk again, you may be right. But I'm guessing we will have a QB that doesn't have a torn hamstring that is forced to play.
You guys are moving to slow white pro-style pocket passers they always look like they have a torn hamstring.

You guys are moving to slow white pro-style pocket passers they always look like they have a torn hamstring.
You're right... that's why it'll be that much more obvious that we are surpassing you this year. Losing to a slow white QB? The indignity...

You're a little out over your skis stating iowa would beat tOSU. Hawks have benefited greatly from their conference schedule for the past several years. Please do not equate beating Mich in 2016 with hawks chances against tOSU.
You completely missed the point of the statement.

I completely get the point, your example was poor, Iowa may sneek past a mich team occasionally, but not tOSU.
Again, that wasn't the point. The point was that Kirk will lay an egg one week and then stick with or beat someone they shouldn't. Michigan isn't on Iowa's schedule this year so I picked the toughest game. No need to read into me saying Iowa will beat OSU.

Again, that wasn't the point. The point was that Kirk will lay an egg one week and then stick with or beat someone they shouldn't. Michigan isn't on Iowa's schedule this year so I picked the toughest game. No need to read into me saying Iowa will beat OSU.
Should have used a better example, your bad, carry on.

Should have used a better example, your bad, carry on.
200w.gif

If we would've had one of those slow-footed white guys last year, he would've been hitting open receivers. As it was, we had a quarterback that had a torn hamstring and couldn't run and has never really been able to hit receivers with any consistency..

If we would've had one of those slow-footed white guys last year, he would've been hitting open receivers. As it was, we had a quarterback that had a torn hamstring and couldn't run and has never really been able to hit receivers with any consistency..

So Nebraska football all-time leader in Passing yards, Passing TD's and Total TD's can't hit open receives?

So Nebraska football all-time leader in Passing yards, Passing TD's and Total TD's can't hit open receives?
How many 4 year starters have we had? Especially in a passing offense for 2 years? It's easy to compile stats over 4 years. That doesn't make you the best to ever play.

I wish some of you Iowa trolls would at least use your heads, even if it does hurt...

Well a career 53% completion percentage would suggest that he missed on almost half his passes. I realize that some of those may have been because of line issues, wide receiver mistakes, or good defensive coverage, but I also think it proves that a good majority of the time he couldn't hit his receivers, threw to the wrong/covered receivers, or just decided to throw his special Hail Mary 500 ball

Reactions: timnsun

All-Time but don't get confused with season or games.After all he played 4 years better look up how many games Ganz played compared to All-time leader TA..

Image if Gantz had 2 full years of starting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT