ADVERTISEMENT

Lewis to USC

D Williams tweet hit me funny. "Everyone wants instant results but nothing worth having comes easy in life"

For him, it seems like we want instant results, but that's complete BS. This isn't fans being restless due to being down a season or 2. This is 15 years of unsettling football. I'm sorry this staff has to deal with demanding fans and it may seem like we lack patience but this all goes way way back. I agree a lot of us (including myself) have turned this all into a sh*t show at times but we are starving for greatness and all we keep hearing is dinner is coming but we have to be patient. All we see is an empty kitchen and no pots and pans on the stove but we keep being told we will eat soon. I'm tired of excuses. I can deal with so much but the amount of excuses this staff has received from this board is down right frustrating. Riley's been our coach for 2 years & entering year 3. To some, that may not seem like a lot of time. But put this into perspective, POTUS only gets 4 years to prove himself. Going into year 3, no one is saying "give him more time" if our country is in shambles. By year 3 POTUS is already having to plan for his reelection & that's running the most powerful country in the world. We're just asking MR to win football games, not run the country. & MR makes more $ then POTUS does.

I like Riley, I think he can win here. I think he's a good enough head coach and can recruit. However, I don't trust the entire staff. I trust a lot of them but a few are struggling. Langs has a legit excuse, he wasn't use to the style of offense and I figure he'll get a pass after next year since he's putting a "new system" in place. banker & cavs have no excuses but dam at least banker points the thumb a lot of the time. I at least respect that and hope he gets it together. The other guy I noted, I have zero hope for and that's where it all starts, up front. Forget 5 star WRs, if we'd can't get great O-lineman every class we won't ever be "back". IMO the 2 best O-lineman Riley has landed in recruiting were inherited in last years class. This years O-line, well I don't like to talk bad about recruits. I have two cousin in laws that coach HS football in Florida. One in the Tampa, St pete area and another who refs down in the same area. We were able to talk in great length at a wedding reception while I was down there. I have some interesting insight from them that I plan to share after LOI day.

Anyway, If a 10th assistant is allowed it has to be help on the O-line. If not, Riley needs to squash position coach recruiting or make a more difficult choice because O-line. Because a lot can be over come but as we've seen, lack of talent on the O-line can not. We have some really good promising talent on the roster but that won't last forever. We always need more and I'm just not seeing it right now. let's keep praying for a miracle with the #1 O-line recruit but it's a serious long shot. We can't hope for long shots, just too risky.

That's cute but the reality is this. Anyone you hire, from Frost to Riley to DW, isn't going to come in and act like its Year 16 of their regime because you are tired of the drought. That's generally the realm of fan insecurity and therapists.

Last edited:
That's cute but the reality is this. Anyone you hire, from Frost to Riley to DW, isn't going to come in and act like its Year 16 of their regime because you are tired of the drought. That's generally the realm of fan insecurity and therapists.

And that's their mistake.

Sort of presumptuous aren't ya spinner? What if he was talking about a recruit playing right away. What if he was talking about one of his CBs in practice working on a technique. Maybe he is talking about a current player. Believe it or not, not every tweet or comment is about Nebraska football fan.

Nice rant though. Hope it was therapeutic.

The #GBR probably means its about husker football. I am willing to bet that. But your right, it could mean be patient for this year recruits.

But come on, you excuse giving fans have to be sick and tired of making excuses, right? I mean all you do is make excuses for everything. You can have results or excuses, not both.

Pelini was fired because he was an asshole and felt he answered to no one.

Nothing more, nothing less.

We need to stop with the rhetoric that any of the bullshit reasons like blowouts and recruiting played any part in it.

If Pelini had a demeanor like Riley, Solich or Osborne and wasn't embarrassing the program on a daily basis, he would still be the coach, Osborne would have had a bigger say in who the next AD was going to be and Harvey wouldn't have hired a guy, in Eichorst, that was brought in to fire Pelini and hire a guy who was the exact opposite of Pelini.

Sorry for the rant. But the "one of the reasons Pelini was fired" comment sort of tripped a trigger

WELL SAID!

The #GBR probably means its about husker football. I am willing to bet that. But your right, it could mean be patient for this year recruits.

But come on, you excuse giving fans have to be sick and tired of making excuses, right? I mean all you do is make excuses for everything. You can have results or excuses, not both.

When I discuss a topic on here I am not making excuses or creating results. I am just a dude at a desk with an opinion with zero effect on the outcome of game.

Every situation has a winner and a loser. A recruit pick Alabama over Nebraska. We lost. If I say he wanted to stay in the south, some will argue that is just an excuse. Maybe. But if that's why he didn't come to Nebraska then it's simply a reason.

Likewise 100% of college games has a winner and a loser. Me saying that Nebraska was playing with a QB at 30% against Iowa may be seen as an excuse. But the fact remains it Armstrong was playing with a man made hamstring. Funny that "results guy" will be the first to make an excuse as to why the other team won. You know the guy that says well Wyoming outplayed us and they should have won "if they didn't whatever". Isn't that excuse making?

I don't have the answers. I am not at practice and I am not in discussions with every recruit gauging their true interest in a program.

Ya, there could be a recruit that's getting impatient. So, DWilliams sends out an impersonal tweet with the advice that you need to wait.

or

We have two recruits decommit, bam bam style, we're currently tied for 40th and 41st in rankings, we haven't had a commitment in quite awhile, and portions of the fanbase are going nutso. So, DWilliams sends out an impersonal tweet with the advice that you need to wait.

Hmmmmm? Many of the recruits we want have announcement dates. Feast, famine, or something in between, we have to wait.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
When I discuss a topic on here I am not making excuses or creating results. I am just a dude at a desk with an opinion with zero effect on the outcome of game.

Every situation has a winner and a loser. A recruit pick Alabama over Nebraska. We lost. If I say he wanted to stay in the south, some will argue that is just an excuse. Maybe. But if that's why he didn't come to Nebraska then it's simply a reason.

Likewise 100% of college games has a winner and a loser. Me saying that Nebraska was playing with a QB at 30% against Iowa may be seen as an excuse. But the fact remains it Armstrong was playing with a man made hamstring. Funny that "results guy" will be the first to make an excuse as to why the other team won. You know the guy that says well Wyoming outplayed us and they should have won "if they didn't whatever". Isn't that excuse making?

I don't have the answers. I am not at practice and I am not in discussions with every recruit gauging their true interest in a program.

Seems like your "not making an excuse" is actually an excuse. Nice rant though. Hope it was therapeutic. Ha. Tap the breaks. That's just a joke... I replied to your post but that was for the first part of the reply. That's my mistake. No excuses. I didn't do well there.Laughing

Pelini was fired because he was an asshole and felt he answered to no one.

Nothing more, nothing less.

We need to stop with the rhetoric that any of the bullshit reasons like blowouts and recruiting played any part in it.

If Pelini had a demeanor like Riley, Solich or Osborne and wasn't embarrassing the program on a daily basis, he would still be the coach, Osborne would have had a bigger say in who the next AD was going to be and Harvey wouldn't have hired a guy, in Eichorst, that was brought in to fire Pelini and hire a guy who was the exact opposite of Pelini.

Sorry for the rant. But the "one of the reasons Pelini was fired" comment sort of tripped a trigger
And he was simply an urban legend. He had big losses and is not the defensive genius that he was made out to be rode really good coattails to get that urban legend status then won a bowl game against Michigan State in Texas and Suh et did a lot more to buy him time.

By the way, I see us landing Calvin, Holmes, and Daniels in fairly short order.

I think we need Johnson pretty badly, but I have no idea who we even have our eyes on after that. Foster Sarrell likely isn't coming here...anyone else?
Short order as in "cook" or what does that mean exactly ? I want days, hours and minutes !!!

Would like to chime in and say that this class falls within expectations of where we are as a program "currently". Gripe and moan all you want, but expecting any more from our coaches is absurd. They have swung for the fences on some outstanding recruits and those recruits are listening...

Broken record comment to follow, "Nebraska is a middle of the pack team that has been set back by Pelini's tenure, horrible luck on the injury front and mediocre QBs." The yellow brick road is/was covered in snow before Riley set forth on his journey. Unless we hired someone like Urban Meyer, nothing was going to change this team overnight. MR and crew are busting ass for us fans and doing a damn good job at roster management...

The recruiting efforts and a win or two more each year will pay dividends. Hopefully, Lee will put us in better shape to win games next year. We can have the best facilities in the nation, but what a lot of these big name recruits are looking at is the television...

I would question Nebraska myself even as a life long fan, seeing us play TM and TA for 8 years. Sure, they both could run, but neither showed that Nebraska could be a dynamic force on the field. Now with Lee or POB in place, if we continue to be bland on offense then yes, let us question this staff. Until then, there's nothing more we can do about what we displayed on the field this year. A solid 10-2 record and a trip to the B10 championship could have changed the results of this class, but Tommy did not lead us to victory when we needed him to the most...

Here is to a top 20 class and a totally new offensive vibe for 2017. We, as fans, do not need to lower our expectations. However, when our staff does not meet the high expectations we set forth for them every year, we certainly should not stab them in the back. GBR!
@rdbignell

WELL SAID!

I disagree.

Saban is an asshole. That asshole wins. Pelini didn't. Pelini couldn't recruit and that ultimately led to his downfall.

Saban lets his star left tackle break the law and tells everyone to screw off.

He can do it because he wins.

Pelini would still be here if he won more.

9 wins at N is not good enuf. Not with the schedule N has ever year.

N used to dominate the Big 8, Big 12 with average classes. Then when they had to play Texas or OU they would fall back to 9 wins.

Things have changed. 9 wins gets you fired.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT