ADVERTISEMENT

Let's talk depth chart

Big10domination

Redshirt Freshman
Jul 17, 2021
Comment if you see a need for any change.

WR-X5Manning, Omar RS JR/TR15Betts, Zavier FR85Liewer, Wyatt RS SO
WR-Z89Martin, Oliver RS JR/TR88Falck, Levi GR/TR
WR-Y6Toure, Samori GR/TR4Brown, Alante FR12Nixon, Will FR
LT69Corcoran, Turner FR63Nouili, Nouredin SO/TR
LG57Piper, Ethan RS FR73Bando, Broc RS JR
OC51Jurgens, Cam RS SO75Hixson, Trent RS JR
RG70Sichterman, Matt RS JR74Banks, Brant RS FR
RT54Benhart, Bryce RS FR66Miller, Ezra RS FR/TR
TE11Allen, Austin RS JR83Vokolek, Travis RS JR/TR87Hickman, Chris RS FR
QB2Martinez, Adrian JR8Smothers, Logan FR10Haarberg, Heinrich FR18Masker, Matt RS SO
RB30Stepp, Markese RS SO/TR21Scott III, Marvin FR22Ervin Jr., Gabe FR28Morrison, Sevion FR00Yant, Jaquez FR
Defense
DE95Stille, Ben RS SR98Rogers, Casey RS SO82Feist, Colton RS SO63Buckley, Ru'Quan FR
NT93Daniels, Damion RS JR87Riley, Jordon RS JR/TR72Hutmacher, Nash FR
DE99Robinson, Ty RS FR97Thomas, Deontre RS JR52Newsom, Mosai RS FR
OLB44Nelson, Garrett SO2Tannor, Caleb JR00Payne, Pheldarius JR/TR38Jackson, Damian RS JR
ILB28Reimer, Luke SO41Snodgrass, Garrett RS FR22Mauga-Clements, Eteva RS JR/TR
ILB42Henrich, Nick RS FR31Kolarevic, Chris GR/TR
OLB/S13Domann, JoJo RS SR23Gifford, Isaac FR33Wright, Javin RS FR
CB5Taylor-Britt, Cam JR16Joseph, Nadab SO/TR
S8Williams, Deontai RS SR/TR4Farmer, Myles RS FR
S9Dismuke, Marquel RS SR21Pola-Gates, Noa RS FR
CB6Newsome, Quinton SO11Clark, Braxton RS SO1Johnson, Tyreke RS JR/TR
Special Teams
PT40Cerni, Daniel FR90Przystup, William RS SO/TR
PK33Culp, Connor GR/TR25Meyer, Kelen FR
KO92Franke, Brendan FR/TR25Meyer, Kelen FR33Culp, Connor GR/TR
LS94Mueller, Cade RS SO
H96Crawford, Tyler FR90Przystup, William RS SO/TR
PR5Taylor-Britt, Cam JR
KR4Brown, Alante FR
Reserves
INJ24Fidone II, Thomas FR3Honas, Will RS SR/TR

Sheesh, I've really gotten out of touch. Who are these people?

My gut is telling me Ervin and Morrison will be ahead of Scott.
Quite the log jam at running back but I would think after the scrimmage coaches will have a better feel for their top guys. I think you're right likely Ervin and maybe Morrison are ahead. Plenty of talented backs, as they say, iron will sharp iron.

Reactions: HominidHusker
I guess my question is...is this something that’s been released by the football team, or someone’s projections?

Yant is 5th string at RB? Why did Frost give him a scholarship then?
a couple of the RBs will have to transfer if they want to play. There are too many that are probably worthy of playing time.
the WRs all of a sudden look like an elite group to me.
If I"m Brant Banks i dont let them move me inside just because they have too many OTs already. He has the frame and ability to be an OT and it is a premiere position unlike OG.
Banks might want to consider transfer as well.
Defense looks good.
I think NeB finally surprises this year.
If Martinez leaves after this year the success could be short lived.
honestly i can see NEB winning the division

a couple of the RBs will have to transfer if they want to play. There are too many that are probably worthy of playing time.
the WRs all of a sudden look like an elite group to me.
If I"m Brant Banks i dont let them move me inside just because they have too many OTs already. He has the frame and ability to be an OT and it is a premiere position unlike OG.
Banks might want to consider transfer as well.
Defense looks good.
I think NeB finally surprises this year.
If Martinez leaves after this year the success could be short lived.
honestly i can see NEB winning the division
how far do you have to sink on the poster's depth chart until you consider transferring?

how far do you have to sink on the poster's depth chart until you consider transferring?
do you disagree with the comments? nowadays with the elite recruits Frost gets you can't expect a lot of them to sit for 3-4 years can you? if you are not a starter on this OL you are not going to be a starter for a long time , if ever. too many freshmen/sophs in the starting lineup means all the others will spend their careers on the bench. and they have the talent to be starters at 85% of the schools in the country

do you disagree with the comments? nowadays with the elite recruits Frost gets you can't expect a lot of them to sit for 3-4 years can you? if you are not a starter on this OL you are not going to be a starter for a long time , if ever. too many freshmen/sophs in the starting lineup means all the others will spend their careers on the bench. and they have the talent to be starters at 85% of the schools in the country
yes, I completely disagree.

college football isn't like being a healthcare admin, where braindead morons can stay employed for no reason. people's jobs are at stake on a daily basis. injuries happen every day. people crack under pressure and can't perform.

there are extremely few NU transfers who've left and found themselves in a better situation, much less being inserted as immediate starters.

@bingo65's life mantra: if you can't beat 'em, just quit!

Last edited:
Ervin was #1 out of spring and there is no evidence outside of Stepp getting a clean bill of health that changes that position.
Stepp hasn’t had a clean bill of health since the 7th grade (seriously, not joking, he has been injured every year since).
So I don’t see Stepp being healthy this year either, especially since he was already hurt in the spring (again).

Ervin was #1 out of spring and there is no evidence outside of Stepp getting a clean bill of health that changes that position.
Say what? Marvin Scott was with the starters on the first drive of the game. How does that make Ervin the #1 back?

I see Payne, Johnson, and Banks all moving into the starting line up at some point this season, dropping Nelson, Piper, and Newsome down. I think RB will see 4 different starters.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Only thing I had different is Kolarevic starting over Heinrich. Could go either way though. I think all 3 of those OLBs will rotate around again this year which makes it tough to put on paper, but I am a Payne fan

If our line is as good as advertised, we should destroy the next few years at least. RB also tough to put on paper as I think all of those guys could get decent playing time and feed the hot hand.

11 out of 22 starters were 4 stars coming out of high school.

3 of the best players were 3 stars

We got to produce a bowl game.

Given the experience and recruited talent finally in two deep on both sides of ball this has to be a 7 win team, minimum, even with the schedule.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I just want to say I appreciate you starting a thread about actual football on our football board. Football has become a bit of an off topic over here.

Dingle wasn't lying when he created his thread saying that our love for sports has been tied to government health policy which is tied to politics. You have every right to view that as a disgusting hijack. We need entertainment without politics. The question is, "How do we get that back?" Someone will likely reply with, "Just stop talking about it." Oh wouldn't that be lovely if that's how things got fixed.

I can’t believe the amount of delicious optimistic Kool-Aid in this thread. Lord I hope y’all are right!

Reactions: huntered
Only thing I had different is Kolarevic starting over Heinrich. Could go either way though. I think all 3 of those OLBs will rotate around again this year which makes it tough to put on paper, but I am a Payne fan

If our line is as good as advertised, we should destroy the next few years at least. RB also tough to put on paper as I think all of those guys could get decent playing time and feed the hot hand.

Henrich has passed Kolarevic.

I see the exact opposite with that depth chart. This is finally a legit power 5 two deep for first time in 5 years.

This is going to be a good football team.

Share some of that koolaid.. I’m usually pretty optimistic this close to the season, but not so much this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT