ADVERTISEMENT

Let the speculation begin

He will be back. Everyone in the country has seen UCF play. Frost is one of the most sought after coaches in the country. Easy to see how much he loves his players and they love him. Would be insane to not want to play for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan1414
The hell? Certainly, wouldn't turn him away if he wants back...but doubt Frostie has a high tolerance for games. If it's sincere, I'd suggest a phone call.

Reactions: NU_FTW
Daaaamn.... I was take him back in a heartbeat.

Bookie is a great kid and a great player.

The uncertainty got to a lot of recruits. I would take any and all of the decommits back, but hell yeah on Bookie!

Reactions: dinglefritz
200.gif

Bookie was my fav recruit for this class. I hope he commits to NU again. He could play early for us but might ride pine at USC or OSU. Scott Frost is going to build something special here. Get on the bus! :)

I actually have more doubt about players who DID NOT decommit. We had one of the worst teams in the country the last month of the season, it was obvious our coach was done. It would be prudent to open your options. But now that we have the best hire of the season, it makes sense to jump back in. I am sure he committed because of the facilities, atmosphere, and fan base, and decommitted because of the garbage staff. That has been fixed.

Reactions: Can o' corn
Now that Riley is unemployed, can't he call, tweet, or visit anyone he wants?
Nope. The NCAA considers him a booster
  • Participated in or has been a member of an organization promoting the university’s athletics programs.
Once an individual is identified as a “representative of the institution’s athletics interests,” the person retains that identity forever.

• Participated in or has been a member of an organization promoting the university’s athletics programs.
Once an individual is identified as a “representative of the institution’s athletics interests,” the person retains that identity forever.

^^^

I think what Scott accomplished at UCF is going to pay big dividends that we wouldn't have if he came 3 yrs ago. Proven himself as a HC, never doubted it myself, was able to develop recruiting ties in Fla with HS coaches and kids that have to be impressed with what he did there.

The good thing with him is he didn't commit anywhere else, which is a good sign. Looks like he wanted to see who Nebraska hired and then make a decision. Hopefully this staff will put a full court press on him and get him back on board.

The good thing with him is he didn't commit anywhere else, which is a good sign. Looks like he wanted to see who Nebraska hired and then make a decision. Hopefully this staff will put a full court press on him and get him back on board.
I would love it if he came back on board. I could easily see him getting playing time right away.

How about if you have been a member of an organization demoting the university’s athletic programs?

Why wouldn't he have waited to see who came in before he decommitted? Does anyone know can he just as easily recommit? Or does the new staff have to re offer?

Bookie’s tweet could have just been a courtesy tweet. Does he still have an offer with the new staff to commit.

It's not a violation, but it is unethical - ask Peelini and his worthless group of losers - unless asked by the new coach.

I am certainly hoping the new staff takes care of an offer again on their own, soon. You probably already know about this, but check with kaz about this kid. It sound like we have a pretty good shot with Bookie. :Cool: This tweet was not just a 'courtesy tweet'.

Reactions: WHCSC
I am certainly hoping the new staff takes care of an offer again on their own, soon. You probably already know about this, but check with kaz about this kid. It sound like we have a pretty good shot with Bookie. :Cool: This tweet was not just a 'courtesy tweet'.
I think he would play day one, Bookie seems like a kid who thinks things through and the uncertainty of the Riley situation obviously caused him to open things up, but knowing that this is Scott Frost dream job and knowing he will be here long term has to help.

Reactions: HuskerDana
I think he would play day one, Bookie seems like a kid who thinks things through and the uncertainty of the Riley situation obviously caused him to open things up, but knowing that this is Scott Frost dream job and knowing he will be here long term has to help.

Having people he trusts that are already here doesn't hurt, either. Kid is another leader like Gebbia.....on the defensive side of the ball.

Having Bookie on the team is a big deal. Never seen a high school football player with so many fans and followers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT