ADVERTISEMENT

Let the speculation begin

No. He is not that kind of kid. He is VERY interested in coming back.

Scott Frost is definitely a "breath of fresh air" coming in as a recruiter.

Should close out a good class. Ties to Florida have been laid, still has a little West Coast swing, really an opportune time for Frost to have decided to come to Nebraska.

Nothing but good here, all around. I was against his coaching UCF but really, if his assistants are boots on the ground like he says, it could translate positively in the eyes of the National Media. He's just a loyal dude, to this players. Think I was wrong on that one.

GBR

Having people he trusts that are already here doesn't hurt, either. Kid is another leader like Gebbia.....on the defensive side of the ball.

I would welcome Bookie back with open arms, but only to the extent he has us in consideration. Think we have a better shot with him now, as Frost is simply a better coach than Riley.

From the timing of his tweet, I wonder if Tyjon Lindsey and Bookie talked after the player meeting Sunday morning. It's a good sign either way and he would be a heck of a recruit to get back in the fold.

[QUOTE="SoFL Husker, post:
Think I was wrong on that one.

GBR[/QUOTE]

You've been saying that A LOT lately!

I kid! ;)

From the timing of his tweet, I wonder if Tyjon Lindsey and Bookie talked after the player meeting Sunday morning. It's a good sign either way and he would be a heck of a recruit to get back in the fold.
I wondered the same thing. Lindsey was struggling in the old system and could have been unhappy. Now a new offense that fits him to a T (his hero is DeAnthony Thomas, btw) and Bookie is interested again.

I wondered the same thing. Lindsey was struggling in the old system and could have been unhappy. Now a new offense that fits him to a T (his hero is DeAnthony Thomas, btw) and Bookie is interested again.

I wouldn't say Lindsey was struggling. He's a young kid making a transition to the MUCH bigger defenses of the B1G. Think spring football with this staff will be great for him because he seemed to leave some yards on the field when the lanes closed. Tanner also missed him on multiple long TD passes. I expect to see a new Tyjon next season.

I wouldn't say Lindsey was struggling. He's a young kid making a transition to the MUCH bigger defenses of the B1G. Think spring football with this staff will be great for him because he seemed to leave some yards on the field when the lanes closed. Tanner also missed him on multiple long TD passes. I expect to see a new Tyjon next season.
Fair enough. I'm excited about him in Frost's offense, for sure.

Cannot blame Bookie one iota for decommitting when he did or for being interested again now. Loves the place and the vibe, but 4-8 with multiple blowouts speaks for itself. Combine that place and vibe with an undefeated coach at the very top of the shortlist?

Now add to that the fact this staff just offered a JUCO corner. They're looking for guys who can get on the field at CB next year and start.

He made the wise business decision to re-open his recruiting. Looks like it just might be the wise business decision to come back N now.

[QUOTE="SoFL Husker, post:
Think I was wrong on that one.

GBR

You've been saying that A LOT lately!

I kid! ;)[/QUOTE]

Ha! Note to self, don't post after drinking at a SEC Champ watch party.

Frost is such an out-of-the-box thinker, and when you really, really break it down, coaching out the UCF season (including the bowl) is the most loyal thing he could do. For his players.

If the Nebraska media could do anything right now, it would be getting this PR out to the nation. Spend some time channeling this message than worrying what his newborn is having for breakfast or bugging his family for soundbites.

GBR

Curious where Gebbia is on all this? Is he out of town or what?

Cannot blame Bookie one iota for decommitting when he did or for being interested again now. Loves the place and the vibe, but 4-8 with multiple blowouts speaks for itself. Combine that place and vibe with an undefeated coach at the very top of the shortlist?

Now add to that the fact this staff just offered a JUCO corner. They're looking for guys who can get on the field at CB next year and start.

He made the wise business decision to re-open his recruiting. Looks like it just might be the wise business decision to come back N now.

Isn't he an OU lean now? Would be nice to at least get back into consideration.

At a minimum, I want to see Husker hats in front of these guys coming Signing Day. Let's get the good "vibes" back.

Also, as some previous posters have stated, let's lock down Kansas City, St. Louis, Wichita, Minneapolis, and the 500 mile radius...

GBR

Isn't he an OU lean now? Would be nice to at least get back into consideration.

At a minimum, I want to see Husker hats in front of these guys coming Signing Day. Let's get the good "vibes" back.

Also, as some previous posters have stated, let's lock down Kansas City, St. Louis, Wichita, Minneapolis, and the 500 mile radius...

GBR

Several crystal ball picks for UCLA recently. I'm not sure even Bookie knows what he wants right now.

People seem to expect him to transfer out. If he's smart he'll wait and see who signs at QB and whether they're any good.
Oh I think his skill set fits better than any other QB on the team. I'm just surprised he hasn't been interviewed yet.

People seem to expect him to transfer out. If he's smart he'll wait and see who signs at QB and whether they're any good.
Tristan may self-select out. He can leave and then have three years remaining to play somewhere. POB already has two years sunk into the place. I like Gebbia's skill set, however.

Spielman would be a fool to leave. This offense is going to need guys like him. If he leaves, he sits and only plays two more. Would be a dumb idea.

Spielman would be a fool to leave. This offense is going to need guys like him. If he leaves, he sits and only plays two more. Would be a dumb idea.
I agree. he was just one of those players (WR) expressing frustration when the old staff was fired. We have heard from most of the others, would love to hear from JD.

Bookie has remained interested. Timing of the tweet had little to do with it.Winking

I keep saying the same thing. He knows this is his team for the future. Yes his dad tried to back Riley but Gebbia loves it here. Two, KJJ is raving about getting back here. He’s going no where.

Yep. KJJ is a Husker, through and through.

Reactions: tpmcg
Kid like that from the family he's from? Wtf do you need to hear? All he's ever done is show up, work hard, and make plays.

I have no doubt he'll continue to do more of the same.
Yes. So much this. Last week everyone knew Frost was hired and we were patient. These kids just had a coach announced yesterday. I would hope they would be extended a little bit of that patience. The majority of them have heard nothing more than how much they suck, and how soft they are. Now we demand they come out and verify they are staying.
Come on, that doesn't seem a bit crazy to anyone?

I could see Riley calling Bookie and asking him to give Frost a chance.

Enough of the Riley stuff. I don't want him touching anything about the Nebraska program. If Bookie wants to come and work hard for Scott frost then it is a good fit. If we need MR to convince bookie to come then we don't need him.

Enough of the Riley stuff. I don't want him touching anything about the Nebraska program. If Bookie wants to come and work hard for Scott frost then it is a good fit. If we need MR to convince bookie to come then we don't need him.

I'd take him anyway he get's here

Reactions: headcard
Yes, for sure. We have a good shot.
That would be huge for us. Seeing him st our Friday night lights camp in person is unbelievable. From his highlights and different videos you can see he plays with confidence but when you watch this young man in person..you feel it. He’s special. He’s a leader. I hope that he reconsiders is because for at least the next three years( hopefully four) he can be a key cornerstone in not only our defense but our entire team.

Tyjon has been very positive and Rick Spielman is no dummy that would encourage his kid to transfer with what we're bringing in. I like our chances with both.

Reactions: HuskerLLM
Tristan may self-select out. He can leave and then have three years remaining to play somewhere. POB already has two years sunk into the place. I like Gebbia's skill set, however.
Gebbia has burned his redshirt and I think he or POB can win the job in the spring. Either one can run Frost's offense. It's going to be interesting. Gebbia looks like maybe the most accurate passer we've had at NU for a long long time and he's really quick.

Reactions: Minn1954
Gebbia has burned his redshirt and I think he or POB can win the job in the spring. Either one can run Frost's offense. It's going to be interesting. Gebbia looks like maybe the most accurate passer we've had at NU for a long long time and he's really quick.
This is a really interesting time for Nebraska at the QB spot. The guys on our roster are definitely more NFL types, even if Gebbia has some mobility, he doesn't seem like a guy where you design 5-7 QB runs in the offense. I wouldn't blame all three for transferring, but that could be a mess next year.

While POB has a bit more mobility than Lee, he doesn't have the quicks. If Frost and crew would happen to land a big name dual-threat QB, it's not out of the question he could start the next four seasons, ala JT Barrett, Hurt, etc.

Reactions: yNOTskers
Don’t think gebbia burned his shirt did he? Which game?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT