ADVERTISEMENT

Kudos to Iowa fans

huskerbaseball13

Nebraska Legend
Jul 30, 2003
if I were you I would be probably talking smack after some Idiots from our fanbase were on your site. I thought we had a chance to win but knew we had to play well. And that has rarely happened this year. Now I hope you lose to Mich St but win your bowl game.

Reactions: Chuck C
if I were you I would be probably talking smack after some Idiots from our fanbase were on your site. I thought we had a chance to win but knew we had to play well. And that has rarely happened this year. Now I hope you lose to Mich St but win your bowl game.

Don't blame you for feeling that way. We want both, of course.

A lot of Hawkeye fans at the bars before the game and,of course, at the game. Except for the obnoxious cellphone light-up, they were polite and great to be around.

If the Huskers do get a bowl invite, it would be good if they accept it for the sake of the Seniors. They deserve it at least for the hard work they put in for the University during their careers there. Good luck to the Huskers and see ya next season!

MSU is not going to beat Iowa .The D is not the old MSU and they will have a hard time running the ball. If the regular QB doesn't play it won't be that close.

Reactions: ChosenChildren
Nebraska has great fans and great tradition. It is a special place. Iowa fans are exuberant about the win because of the quality of your program. Husker fans know this to be the truth, in their heart. The Big Red will be back, but this is a special season for the Hawkeyes. Heck, if Iowa can do it, NU fans know that they can do it AGAIN. You will get a bowl bid and you should take it....invaluable practice for your younger players coming back next year.

A lot of Hawkeye fans at the bars before the game and,of course, at the game. Except for the obnoxious cellphone light-up, they were polite and great to be around.

What was obnoxious about it? Just curious. I'm not even sure what happened.

I stopped over here to see if the entire Nebraska fan base is as delusional as the folks that post on our board. Other than a few posts about officiating and how Iowas record being an embarrassment to the conference it's really pretty tame. I'm disapointed, impressed and a little confused.

I was at the game yesterday, the fans were great and fans of both teams got along great where we sat. The only obnoxious Neb fan near me was a 75 year old lady. She was awesome. First time in Lincoln. Good experience and a great atmosphere.

I've visited Lincoln for every Iowa - Nebby game. The fans in the stadium, except the one calling the injured Iowa player a pussy, have always been very respectful people. We had lunch at Misty's (at least that's what I think the place was called) and one Nebby fan even acknowledged that Iowa has had as good as, or better recent results with respect to T10 finishes. Frankly, I was shocked after reading a lot of garbage on both Iowa and Nebby's sites.

I rarely post too much on opposing team's web-sites, and especially Minnesota's, Iowa State's and Nebby's this year, but yesterday's experience really redeemed you fanbase in my eyes. Now, I've always been treated well there, but I forgot after the smack talk leading up to this game.

Reactions: CriticalObserver
Nebraska has great fans and great tradition. It is a special place. Iowa fans are exuberant about the win because of the quality of your program. Husker fans know this to be the truth, in their heart. The Big Red will be back, but this is a special season for the Hawkeyes. Heck, if Iowa can do it, NU fans know that they can do it AGAIN. You will get a bowl bid and you should take it....invaluable practice for your younger players coming back next year.

A 5-7 bowl game bid would be extremely positive, when you are coming into the first season of a new staff. Nebraska has been competitive in every game all season, but they have a lot to clean up to get on track.

They will be in the hunt for a B1G West title in 2016, if they can bounce back ...

peace

First time to an opposing B1G stadium. Really enjoyed it. Several Husker fans telling me good luck on the streets. People around us were respectful, even when I was cheering my heart out. Don't take this the wrong way because this is true for Iowa fans too, but the stadium fans were much more enjoyable than message board fans.

Was a nervous wreck, but then that 4th and 1 pass happened. Pretty confused there. Was a great time though.

Really? How is that even remotely obnoxious? It was not born of disrespect to Nebraska. It's something Iowa fans have started doing this season. Completely harmless fun.

I was very pleasantly surprised by how tactful the Iowa fans were. Best of the opposing visitors, much better than Minnesotas.

Wish I could say the Iowa fans around us were respectful.

Don't appreciate seeing an opposing fan flip off the husker fans in their section after scoring the first TD of the game nor the mocking, sticking a pointing finger in the face of an older husker fan.

Wish I could say the Iowa fans around us were respectful.

Don't appreciate seeing an opposing fan flip off the husker fans in their section after scoring the first TD of the game nor the mocking, sticking a pointing finger in the face of an older husker fan.
There's always going to be "that guy"

There's always going to be "that guy"
Which is why I said 'around us'

Leaving the stadium I didn't see or hear anything negative from hawk fans. But when your buddy has to cover your mouth to keep you from getting your ass kicked by the 60 year old you are shoving your finger into the face of... Or hold a flag up so the husker fans behind u can't see and get it ripped from your hands out of frustration... You damage the reputation of the fan base you belong to...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT