ADVERTISEMENT

Kenya Hunter leaving?

Wrong Hunter's.

Kelly 's father is Jeff.
tenor.gif

Even Doubting Thomas is embarrassed by your negativity....:confused:
Call me Judas, call me negative, but I've seen enough of the Tim Miles experiment. I'll continue to root for the huskers but will remain apathetic until a new coach is hired, which will likely be about 12 months from now.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Don't really blame the guy if he goes. There has been chatter about Xavier and UConn. He would be leaving for a better program and more stability. If Miles had an extension would Hunter still be leaving? We really don't know, but I am not sure this whole thing is being handled very well by Moos at all. There are rumors that he has offered short term extensions to Miles that have been rejected. I am not sure that Miles deserves a long term extension, but if Moos is saying that Miles is his coach, he needs to get a long term extension figured out. It is the price of doing business. If he isn't your guy, then fire him and move on. You can't just keep kicking the can down the road with short term extensions. It will cost you players and assistant coaches IMO. I absolutely don't blame Miles for wanting a long term extension. I almost get the feeling that Moos is just trying to get Miles to walk away and find another job.

A small extension is perfect for the situation. Moos hasn't even been around for 6 months, he had to make a hire for the football team in that time and needs more time to evaluate his BB coach, who just won a school record number of games, but flamed out when it mattered, and relies too heavily on transfers. Long term extensions almost always end up in an expensive buyout, especially for a coach with zero trophies, and I bet Moos does not have a better hire lined up. A short term extension allows moos to set guidelines and look for replacements while the coach attempts to meet a standard. That is how business should work, especially at the worst BB program in NCAA history.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT