ADVERTISEMENT

Karrington Davis signed his LOI with NU.

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
6-5, 2 guard. Averaged 19 as a junior but missed time his senior year due to an injury.

Reactions: newAD
That's really good news. He is the type of player that NU will have to rely on for a while at least. A guy with outstanding sophomore numbers, then an injury that cut short his junior year, and then going to a prep academy where he was behind a 5 star and a high 4 star recruit so didn't get much PT as a senior. For those reasons he kind of fell off the radar. But at the academy he went up directly against a Duke signee and, IIRC, a Wichita State signee every day in practice and held his own.

Editing this, as I got my timeline screwed up. The hip injury happened after his junior year and cut short his senior year at Malverde Academy. Sorry.

Last edited:
They claimed he was a potential top 100 recruit and a 3 star because he got hurt. The kid has the top 100 talent, size and so on...If he comes back at full speed again like he was before being hurt, we MIGHT have are next Palmer Jr

Over / unders on when he transfers?

Considering that almost half of D1 players transfer, the odds are pretty good. Not sure what the point is. Huskers have had a lot of transfers, just like many other programs. Over the past several years, I would say we have done a lot better in getting quality players to transfer into the program as opposed to quality players transferring out.

800 players transfer, there are around 3900 D1 players, I don't think it is almost half. It is more like 1/5.

The question is why are they transferring out. Regardless of talent, why do players leave the Nebraska program. Players leave Kansas because they aren't playing as much as they want for a good team. But that isn't necessarily the case at Nebraska.

They claimed he was a potential top 100 recruit and a 3 star because he got hurt. The kid has the top 100 talent, size and so on...If he comes back at full speed again like he was before being hurt, we MIGHT have are next Palmer Jr
Who claimed that? The NU staff?

800 players transfer, there are around 3900 D1 players, I don't think it is almost half. It is more like 1/5.

The question is why are they transferring out. Regardless of talent, why do players leave the Nebraska program. Players leave Kansas because they aren't playing as much as they want for a good team. But that isn't necessarily the case at Nebraska.
I am assuming you are referring to the following players

Andrew White III
Ed Morrow
Michael Jacobson

• Andrew White III - This is the only transfer that truly fits in the category you stating your "Why do Nebraska players that get substantial playing time leave" claim. Andrew White left, because he saw the talent level he was going to be playing with, and he was right. That team that he left went 12-19, so he didn't necessarily make a bad move
  • Ed Morrow - This one moderately fits your claim, but his minutes were going to go down at the 4. That is the position he wanted to play. His minutes were going to be in the 12-18 minute range, and they were going to be at the 5. I think Morrow could have helped this team this year, but to say he was going to get significant minutes is almost laughable! Roby and Copeland were the reason Morrow left, and the writing was on the wall.
  • Michael Jacobson - See Ed Morrow, but think Jack McVeigh... Yeah that is exactly what was going to happen, and that is why he left.
Don't act like superstar players are leaving on a regular basis unless you get start stating exact facts. AWIII is the only player that left us that was going to get meaningful minutes. Every other transfer was not a loss under Miles

• Jack McVeigh - Bench Mafia player this year!
  • Bakari Evelyn - Who's minutes was he getting this year?
  • Deverell Biggs - Um his departure was what created our 2014 run to the NCAA's
  • Sergej Vucatic - Never would have gotten significant minutes
  • Walter Pitchford - Quit Basketball
  • Tarin Smith - Who's minutes he taking this year?
  • Nick Fuller - Where is his minutes coming from? (Starting to seem like a trend)
  • Jacob Hammond - Is he going to get minutes over Okeke? (Trend continuing)
  • Jeriah Horne - He would have gotten 5-10 minutes this year
You're right Nebraska has lost a ton of talent!:rolleyes:

Also stop acting like Nebraska is the only school that loses good players. Hell just look in on Nebraska's roster and you will see three of them!

Anton Gill - Louisville
James Palmer - Miami
Isaac Copeland - Georgetown

You can't claim that these players would not have earned PT at their schools, just like you can't claim that a player like Michael Jacobson was going to get significant minutes. Palmer and Gill left too early, and Copeland was getting more minutes than 90% of our transfers. I am sick of you making negative (realist) comments about Nebraska, when you sit hear and claim it doesn't happen at big name schools when it is completely false!

Last edited:
Also stop acting like Nebraska is the only school that loses good players. Hell just look in on Nebraska's roster and you will see three of them!

Anton Gill - Louisville
James Palmer - Miami
Isaac Copeland - Georgetown

You can't claim that these players would not have earned PT at their schools, just like you can't claim that a player like Michael Jacobson was going to get significant minutes. Palmer and Gill left too early, and Copeland was getting more minutes than 90% of our transfers. I am sick of you making negative (realist) comments about Nebraska, when you sit hear and claim it doesn't happen at big name schools when it is completely false!

I think you need to re read the comment. Not once did I say that it doesn't happen at big name schools.

I didn't claim that those players wouldn't have earned PT at those schools, I said they left because they weren't getting the PT they wanted, and that is why they left, and outside of Copeland that is very true. In reality, Copeland left because the players recruited after him were taking his playing time.
The arrival of graduate transfer Rodney Pryor in addition to the extra minutes Thompson gave Marcus Derrickson and Kaleb Johnson, left less minutes for Copeland, so he left.

I am sick of you not being able to comprehend what I wrote, then going off on tangents that are unrelated to what was written.

I am assuming you are referring to the following players

Andrew White III
Ed Morrow
Michael Jacobson

• Andrew White III - This is the only transfer that truly fits in the category you stating your "Why do Nebraska players that get substantial playing time leave" claim. Andrew White left, because he saw the talent level he was going to be playing with, and he was right. That team that he left went 12-19, so he didn't necessarily make a bad move
  • Ed Morrow - This one moderately fits your claim, but his minutes were going to go down at the 4. That is the position he wanted to play. His minutes were going to be in the 12-18 minute range, and they were going to be at the 5. I think Morrow could have helped this team this year, but to say he was going to get significant minutes is almost laughable! Roby and Copeland were the reason Morrow left, and the writing was on the wall.
  • Michael Jacobson - See Ed Morrow, but think Jack McVeigh... Yeah that is exactly what was going to happen, and that is why he left.
Don't act like superstar players are leaving on a regular basis unless you get start stating exact facts. AWIII is the only player that left us that was going to get meaningful minutes. Every other transfer was not a loss under Miles

• Jack McVeigh - Bench Mafia player this year!
  • Bakari Evelyn - Who's minutes was he getting this year?
  • Deverell Biggs - Um his departure was what created our 2014 run to the NCAA's
  • Sergej Vucatic - Never would have gotten significant minutes
  • Walter Pitchford - Quit Basketball
  • Tarin Smith - Who's minutes he taking this year?
  • Nick Fuller - Where is his minutes coming from? (Starting to seem like a trend)
  • Jacob Hammond - Is he going to get minutes over Okeke? (Trend continuing)
  • Jeriah Horne - He would have gotten 5-10 minutes this year
You're right Nebraska has lost a ton of talent!:rolleyes:

Again, you put words in the comment and your reply that I didn't write. I never mentioned the words meaningful minutes.

I WILL TYPE IN ALL CAPS SO YOU CAN READ IT MORE BETTER.

NEBRASKA NEEDS TO LOOK AT WHY PLAYERS, ON A BELOW AVERAGE TEAM, ARE TRANSFERRING OUT. IT IS EASY TO SEE WHY A PLAYER LEAVE LOUISVILLE OR KANSAS TO GO IN SEARCH OF ADDITIONAL MINUTES. PLAYERS LEAVING NEBRASKA HAVEN'T REALLY SAID THEY ARE LEAVING TO GET MORE PLAYING TIME. THEY ARE LEAVING FOR OTHER REASONS.

IS THAT MORE CLEAR?

Just curious what goes on in people's minds when they take a post about a recruit signing to play for Nebraska (YAY, GOOD NEWS!) and turn it into "what is wrong with Nebraska basketball? (WE SUCK... SOMETHING IS WRONG!!).

If you literally see a post about something and you literally can't wait but to chime in something negative, you might want to think about what maybe is wrong with you.

Reactions: Dysfunctional Vet
Just curious what goes on in people's minds when they take a post about a recruit signing to play for Nebraska (YAY, GOOD NEWS!) and turn it into "what is wrong with Nebraska basketball? (WE SUCK... SOMETHING IS WRONG!!).

If you literally see a post about something and you literally can't wait but to chime in something negative, you might want to think about what maybe is wrong with you.

Simple concept, this is a message board. People will come here and post their opinions. Some you will like, some you won't. The most important thing of it all is, if you can't handle an opinion different from your own, maybe the problem is with you.

See how that can be turned around.

I think you need to re read the comment. Not once did I say that it doesn't happen at big name schools.

I didn't claim that those players wouldn't have earned PT at those schools, I said they left because they weren't getting the PT they wanted, and that is why they left, and outside of Copeland that is very true. In reality, Copeland left because the players recruited after him were taking his playing time.
The arrival of graduate transfer Rodney Pryor in addition to the extra minutes Thompson gave Marcus Derrickson and Kaleb Johnson, left less minutes for Copeland, so he left.

I am sick of you not being able to comprehend what I wrote, then going off on tangents that are unrelated to what was written.
I understand you perfectly

"Players leave Kansas because they aren't playing as much as they want for a good team. But that isn't necessarily the case at Nebraska."

You pick and choose certain players. Explain Jack McVeigh, Jeriah Horne, Tarin Smith, Bakari Evelyn, Jacob Hammond, Nick Fuller ect...

Did they not leave because "They weren't playing as much as they want"? You can't pick a select few players and say "But that isn't necessarily the case at Nebraska"

Don't sit there and say I don't comprehend what you are saying! Learn how to accept your opinion is not fact.

Last edited:
Again, you put words in the comment and your reply that I didn't write. I never mentioned the words meaningful minutes.

I WILL TYPE IN ALL CAPS SO YOU CAN READ IT MORE BETTER.

NEBRASKA NEEDS TO LOOK AT WHY PLAYERS, ON A BELOW AVERAGE TEAM, ARE TRANSFERRING OUT. IT IS EASY TO SEE WHY A PLAYER LEAVE LOUISVILLE OR KANSAS TO GO IN SEARCH OF ADDITIONAL MINUTES. PLAYERS LEAVING NEBRASKA HAVEN'T REALLY SAID THEY ARE LEAVING TO GET MORE PLAYING TIME. THEY ARE LEAVING FOR OTHER REASONS.

IS THAT MORE CLEAR?

Why are players leaving? My guess is that 90%+ of them leave to get more playing time elsewhere - whether it is for a national championship team or a below average team. Just because you don't like Miles doesn't mean that every player that Miles recruits, or brings in as a transfer, ends up hating him, too.

The detailed list by big red22 makes it fairly obvious. Players came in trying to fill a role, and most of those guys that transferred were just that.

Reactions: big red22
Why are players leaving? My guess is that 90%+ of them leave to get more playing time elsewhere - whether it is for a national championship team or a below average team. Just because you don't like Miles doesn't mean that every player that Miles recruits, or brings in as a transfer, ends up hating him, too.

The detailed list by big red22 makes it fairly obvious. Players came in trying to fill a role, and most of those guys that transferred were just that.
Detailed facts are never enough to a realist

I tell you what, I bet no player ever transfers from a Scott Frost team. No sirree, Bob!

Simple concept, this is a message board. People will come here and post their opinions. Some you will like, some you won't. The most important thing of it all is, if you can't handle an opinion different from your own, maybe the problem is with you.

See how that can be turned around.
Nice try. This isn’t as simple as disagreeing. You hijack a post about a recruit signing to whine about something unrelated. I have no problem with a different opinion. I have problems with people who are whiny and negative 90% of the time.

Nice try. This isn’t as simple as disagreeing. You hijack a post about a recruit signing to whine about something unrelated. I have no problem with a different opinion. I have problems with people who are whiny and negative 90% of the time.

Nice try yourself. Thread highjacked in post 6. I was just responding to the new direction of the thread.

Nice try yourself. Thread highjacked in post 6. I was just responding to the new direction of the thread.
Threads get derailed (hijacked) all the time on here. But I have noticed nobody ever complains about it unless the new drift of the thread is expressive of an opinion with which they disagree. It is just another way of trying to shut down conversations some people don't like.

So let me contribute to the "hijacking" as well. Nebraska basketball sucks. It has sucked for decades and decades and decades. I am 59 and every conscious memory I have of Husker hoops is of a team that sucks. Even in our very, very few "good years" we were nothing more than slightly above average.

We now have damn good basketball facilities. Tim Miles has demonstrated he cannot turn this program around. We suck now just as we always have.

We will continue to suck until we fire Miles and bring in a true top flight coach. I have argued on here before that we should keep Miles. I no longer think that way. He has had enough time.

Btw what the hell ever happened to pitchford? Man that was strange. Maybe im forgetting something

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT