ADVERTISEMENT

Jurgens on Frost

LikeNebraska

Redshirt Freshman
Oct 1, 2016
“It was kind of funny the first time I met Coach Frost, he said, ‘Has anyone said you look like me? Because I get a lot of people that say I look like you,’ so I laughed at that,” Jurgens shared with me in May. Other members of the team also jokingly refer to him as “Coach.”

(Side bar: There was an Instagram post the Husker football team made during spring ball, a close-up shot of Jurgens with only his hands, his left shoulder and his face in clear view. Whatever had just happened, Jurgens had his hands ready for a defender to come at him. But it also looked like a quarterback waiting for a snap. It looked like Scott Frost, fully padded out, waiting for a snap. I thought it was Frost, told everyone I work with it was Frost and got incredibly excited. It wasn’t Frost. Oh well.)

((The only thing missing now is a “Taylor Martinez is Adrian’s dad” joke.))

While a lot of us think Jurgens looks like Frost, Frost thinks Jurgens could look like another former Husker great — All-American center and Rimington Trophy namesake Dave Rimington. When Jurgens made the switch from tight end to center midway through his freshman season, Frost had high praise for the Beatrice native.

Quoted from:
Intriguing Huskers of 2019: No. 4 Cameron Jurgens

By Derek Peterson

July 9, 2019

https://hailvarsity.com/s/7228/the-10-most-intriguing-huskers-of-2019-no-4-cameron-jurgens

Reactions: arf_man
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT