ADVERTISEMENT

Rhule’s Situation: A Tortured Scenario

P

Probably more in the first day.
I know it’s not popular to stick up for that staff but we did see some guys get better. Just not enough of them. Juergens is the shining example but our back 7 on D made strides despite the illogical things they were asked to do at times. It wasn’t all bad. Gary Barnett keeps saying that he thinks NU is not far off talent wise.

Last edited:
I do think year 1 will be pretty decent, but the dudes here for quite a long haul. Year 1 success would be nice, but not super required. I don't think we're going to do any worse than we did under Frost/Mickey last year. Even with the scheme transitions. We should reasonably have our first chance at a bowl in a long time, but I'm not counting on 9+ wins. Be nice if some of these transfers work out and we just take off though!

I see Rhule as a competent coach who will win games. I expect us to get back to Pelini levels without the circus. The question is can Rhule win the big games. When both Nebraska and Wisconsin are 8-1 in a few years, can Rhule go up to Madison and win the game instead of getting absolutely destroyed? We'll see.
We might not beat Wisconsin all the time, but hopefully we can at least compete with them year in and year out. Same with Michigan, Ohio State, and Iowa

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT