ADVERTISEMENT

Junior day Saturday...

My bad, apparently I was in Bollers mode. I could have sworn the resident dork Iowa fan, Mr. Bookman, said Bollers committed. BTW, how did said dork come up with a fairly obscure Seinfeld reference?
It’s all good. Had to be luck. You guys must be special because he doesn’t post on our board. I wish KcRoyals13 would come back to your board....

It’s all good. Had to be luck. You guys must be special because he doesn’t post on our board. I wish KcRoyals13 would come back to your board....
id say if you’re only dealing with one y’all have it made over there... on any given day it seems like we are dealing with about 10 of your lost fans... it really is nice to have a few of y’all come in and have reasonable conversations... especially when it comes to recruiting it’s always good to hear what the opponent is hearing... thank you, if you could please teach a few of your residents on this board how to behave it would be great...

I don’t think I’ve ever seen that name over here.

id say if you’re only dealing with one y’all have it made over there... on any given day it seems like we are dealing with about 10 of your lost fans... it really is nice to have a few of y’all come in and have reasonable conversations... especially when it comes to recruiting it’s always good to hear what the opponent is hearing... thank you, if you could please teach a few of your residents on this board how to behave it would be great...
Oh there’s more than him, he’s just been extra relentless lately.
Thanks for the compliment and for being polite. I’ll be honest, I don’t care much for Nebraska but it is fun to see what other boards are talking about and get some different insights once in a while.

Last edited:
Oh there’s more than him, he’s just been extra relentless lately.
Thanks for the compliment. I’ll be honest, I don’t care much for Nebraska but it is fun to see what other boards are talking about and get some different insights once in a while.
yea I hear ya there... I know for me I guess the best way to put my feelings towards Iowa is “meh” neither like them or hate them... but with the Onslaught of idiots from your fan base has made it very difficult to tolerate Iowa fans lately.. I catch myself having to remind myself that not all Iowa fans are like the ones we have stuck here... and I’m sure we have our fair share of idiots blessing your board as well... I say I’m fine with you not caring much about the huskers as long as you can carry yourself like a respectful adult on our board I’m all for sharing our insight with you and having the occasional Banter of who’s team is better...

yea I hear ya there... I know for me I guess the best way to put my feelings towards Iowa is “meh” neither like them or hate them... but with the Onslaught of idiots from your fan base has made it very difficult to tolerate Iowa fans lately.. I catch myself having to remind myself that not all Iowa fans are like the ones we have stuck here... and I’m sure we have our fair share of idiots blessing your board as well... I say I’m fine with you not caring much about the huskers as long as you can carry yourself like a respectful adult on our board I’m all for sharing our insight with you and having the occasional Banter of who’s team is better...
Good post. The ones I’ve seen being dumb over here I don’t see on ours board. I understand where you guys feelings come from with what I’ve seen here. Over there peeps will be nice to Husker fans if they are respectful as well. Now if they talk trash over here and try to be nice there that doesn’t fly. There’s two threads over there from one of your active posters right now that are complete opposite so it’s not going too well for him. Thing is most times when they appear to try being nice there’s usually a back handed compliment or bring up recruiting rankings or something like that that ruins it for them. All fanbases have their idiots.

Reactions: Clemke32
Fidone has stated in public he is leery of competition in the Iowa TE room he wouldn't start for a few years anyway at Iowa. So he is a project player for us.

what ever dude. My God. Huskers pulled Chris Hickman, a 4 star TE and he probably has the highest ceiling out of all the TEs on Iowa’s and the Huskers roster. Don’t even give me that crap about scared of competition cop out. Sure, maybe he thinks he can play and/or start from day one with the Huskers but that doesn’t mean he’s scared of competition. If that was the case, he sure wouldn’t want to bang heads with Hickman.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/230616/chris-hickman

Last edited:
what ever dude. My God. Huskers pulled Chris Hickman, a 4 star TE and he probably has the highest ceiling out of all the TEs on Iowa’s and the Huskers roster. Don’t even give me that crap about scared of competition cop out. Sure, maybe he thinks he can play and/or start from day one with the Huskers but that doesn’t mean he’s scared of competition. If that was the case, he sure wouldn’t want to bang heads with Hickman.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/230616/chris-hickman
Compare his offer list with these two from this years class...
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/elijah-yelverton-211373#school-interests

Reactions: iafan44
Did you look at their offer lists? They have more offers than a lot of 4 stars or do you just look at their star rating?

that barely has anything do with anything. Offer lists are SELF REPORTED. Hickman only had a couple schools he we interested in. He had no reason to report other teams offering him. So no offense, I’d have to assume a 4 star TE probably had better offers then two 3 star TEs did. Just saying...

And yes, Chris Hickman probably has the higher ceiling then both of those guys. There’s a reason why he was a 4 star TE.

that barely has anything do with anything. Offer lists are SELF REPORTED. Hickman only had a couple schools he we interested in. He had no reason to report other teams offering him. So no offense, I’d have to assume a 4 star TE probably had better offers then two 3 star TEs did. Just saying...
Well he was an Army All American and performed well down there so I’m going with there’s a good chance he’s the real deal but yes, not all kids report all their offers, especially after they commit.

Yep. He was an Army All American and performed well. He already looks the part physically too. There’s a pic of him down there and he’s a big kid already. Looks mature enough to play as a true freshman.

Noah Fant wasn’t any like that was he...? Almost identical to Chris Hickman. Iowa wanted Hickman just as bad, let’s not pretend they didn’t.

Reactions: Baxter48
Well he was an Army All American and performed well down there so I’m going with there’s a good chance he’s the real deal but yes, not all kids report all their offers, especially after they commit.

And??? And how many other Top 100 players or players in the Top 250 didn’t play the Army AA Game...again, just saying.

Mr. Bookman said:

Fidone has stated in public he is leery of competition in the Iowa TE room he wouldn't start for a few years anyway at Iowa. So he is a project player for us.

[/quote]
Hickman does NOT have a higher ceiling than Sam LaPorta. If he stays healthy, Sam will more than likely leave early and be drafted very high. Didn’t Chris switch to WR?

My cousin made the trip yesterday for yet another visit to Lincoln. He is at Minnesota today. Wants to stay close to home and Lincoln is definitely closer than Minneapolis, Ames, or Manhattan. I should get a chance to talk to him at our super bowl party next weekend.

Noah Fant wasn’t any like that was he...? Almost identical to Chris Hickman. Iowa wanted Hickman just as bad, let’s not pretend they didn’t.
Edited post above. No one is acting like they staff didn’t want Hickman. They did but we got two guys they really like and a lot of other wanted anyway. Don’t try and twist things.

:)

Hickman does NOT have a higher ceiling than Sam LaPorta. If he stays healthy, Sam will more than likely leave early and be drafted very high. Didn’t Chris switch to WR?

My cousin made the trip yesterday for yet another visit to Lincoln. He is at Minnesota today. Wants to stay close to home and Lincoln is definitely closer than Minneapolis, Ames, or Manhattan. I should get a chance to talk to him at our super bowl party next weekend.[/QUOTE]
Now I’m curious who your cousin is :)

Exactly, he was chosen over more highly rated kids.

Very worst case Hickman and your guy are a push. No way you can claim ones better then the other at this point. The main point was Fodine being scared off competition and I call BS on that. Any team he goes to he will have competition he will face.

:)

My cousin made the trip yesterday for yet another visit to Lincoln. He is at Minnesota today. Wants to stay close to home and Lincoln is definitely closer than Minneapolis, Ames, or Manhattan. I should get a chance to talk to him at our super bowl party next weekend.

yeah okay... if you say so. No, Hickman is still a TE but can also play WR...as you guys can see. And I still say Hickman has the higher ceiling. Chances are your guys TE is already at his ceiling.

I never said Hickman wouldn’t be good. I never said a word about Fidone.

that was my point to a response to one of your Iowa fans that’s claiming Fidone is scared of competition and that’s why he’s a Husker lean right now. Now you see why I said that’s BS because if he was he wouldn’t want to bump heads with Hickman. You might catch up completely on the subject instead of hoping in half way and cherry picking a point. Just an idea.

that was my point to a response to one of your Iowa fans that’s claiming Fidone is and that’s why he’s a Husker lean right now. You might catch up completely on the subject instead of hoping in half way and cherry picking a point. Just an idea.
Well talk to whoever said that. That’s not what we were talking about.

Well talk to whoever said that. That’s not what we were talking about.

I was till you jumped on my back because you disagreed with my point I was making. Not my mistake brotha, that ways yours.

“QUOTE="Mr. Bookman, post: 5783531, member: 89979"]Fidone has stated in public he is leery of competition in the Iowa TE room he wouldn't start for a few years anyway at Iowa. So he is a project player for us.[/QUOTE]

That’s my post that you jumped in on...and you do see the “probably has the higher ceiling” part...I never said for sure or fact. Said probably.

I was till you jumped on my back because you disagreed with my point I was making. Not my mistake brotha, that ways yours.

“QUOTE="Mr. Bookman, post: 5783531, member: 89979"]Fidone has stated in public he is leery of competition in the Iowa TE room he wouldn't start for a few years anyway at Iowa. So he is a project player for us.

That’s my post that you jumped in on...and you do see the probably has the higher ceiling...I never said for sure or fact. Said probably.[/QUOTE]
Commenting is not jumping on your back. I don’t know why I’m even talking to you after that shit you posted at 4am on our board a few days ago.

Point here is, lame iowa fan, crying his team likely loses a iowa homegrown, while also creating an idea that Nebraska doesn't have any decent TE's, which is not only untrue, but crapping on an iowa guy.

So, go ahead,keep it up, other teams will soon be wanting to anywhere else with that miindset from iowa fan.

Reactions: huskerssalts
Point here is, lame iowa fan, crying his team likely loses a iowa homegrown, while also creating an idea that Nebraska doesn't have any decent TE's, which is not only untrue, but crapping on an iowa guy.

So, go ahead,keep it up, other teams will soon be wanting to anywhere else with that miindset from iowa fan.
Oh I absolutely wish Fidone would be a Hawk. He’s gonna be a good one if he stays healthy.

That’s my post that you jumped in on...and you do see the probably has the higher ceiling...I never said for sure or fact. Said probably.
Commenting is not jumping on your back. I don’t know why I’m even talking to you after that shit you posted at 4am on our board a few days ago.[/QUOTE]

what does that have anything to do with this subject? For the record, I’m a night shift working. So spare me the BS on time. I get off at 3:30 am and that’s about the time I’m home.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bugeater

exactly. The was my whole point. Fidone will face competition on any Power 5 team he plays for.

Last edited:
Oh I absolutely wish Fidone would be a Hawk. He’s gonna be a good one if he stays healthy.
You arent the lame iowa fan.
Every team loses home growns, until recently, we lost alot of guys from in state because our former staffs reduced the level of our walkon program, and even in state guys weren't given the attention of potential they'd had in the past.
No doubt it stinks, but it's sure to happen, just go look at the name of your stadium.

Commenting is not jumping on your back. I don’t know why I’m even talking to you after that shit you posted at 4am on our board a few days ago.

what does that have anything to do with this subject? For the record, I’m a night shift working. So spare me the BS on time. I get off at 3:30 am and that’s about the time I’m home.[/QUOTE]
You’re the one that brought me into whatever conversation you were having with the other Hawk fans here. Yeah, I commented on the tight ends but didn’t say anything bad and you went accusing me of jumping on your back.
As far as your post on our board, you posted that at work sober? That’s pretty bad man and it says a lot about you.

You arent the lame iowa fan.
Every team loses home growns, until recently, we lost alot of guys from in state because our former staffs reduced the level of our walkon program, and even in state guys weren't given the attention of potential they'd had in the past.
No doubt it stinks, but it's sure to happen, just go look at the name of your stadium.

right. We lost X Watts this year to Notre Dame and you don’t see us Husker fans crapping on Watts and claiming he’s scared of competition? Like yo said, it sucks but you man up, wish the young man the best because he grew up in your home state and move on.

what does that have anything to do with this subject? For the record, I’m a night shift working. So spare me the BS on time. I get off at 3:30 am and that’s about the time I’m home.
You’re the one that brought me into whatever conversation you were having with the other Hawk fans here. Yeah, I commented on the tight ends but didn’t say anything bad and you went accusing me of jumping on your back.
As far as your post on our board, you posted that at work sober? That’s pretty bad man and it says a lot about you.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I loved pointing out you guys aren’t TE-U whiling posting facts on Miami Hurricanes currently being TE-U. You guys claim it all the time and it’s false. But this has nothing to do with that or if you like it or not. Time to move along now.

right. We lost X Watts this year to Notre Dame and you don’t see us Husker fans crapping on Watts and aiming he’s scared of competition? Like yo said, it sucks but you man up, wish the young man the best because he grew up in your home state and move on.
And up until the end, the staff was still talking with him. No quarter.

Reactions: huskerssalts
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT