ADVERTISEMENT

Jamire officially reopens his recruitment

on Twitter. No I don't follow him but one of the writers retweeted it.
This is the only way I ever see recruiting stuff on Twitter. They will always tweet the big stuff. Following high school kids (or tweeting at them) is seriously weird.

I agree.

Question though... so if the writer is older than 23 (or whatever age is considered a grown man), should they not be following high school kids (or tweeting at them)? :D:D

I agree.

Question though... so if the writer is older than 23 (or whatever age is considered a grown man), should they not be following high school kids (or tweeting at them)? :D:D
Touche. I would say they would be good to go if working for a recruiting service.

on Twitter. No I don't follow him but one of the writers retweeted it.
tk_8fg_c_bigger.jpg
Jamire Calvin @Jcalv6

I've decided to re-open my recruitment. Have to make sure I am making the best decision for my future. No interviews at the moment please.

7:44 PM - 17 Jan 2017

Reactions: Doniphan89
Maybe not, Nebraska may be looking for that big body receiver and shut it down at wideout. He may have made a huge mistake.
We are taking 5. We have 3. I don't think our staff would have been out there ASAP after he pulled the hat if they didn't think he would come to his senses. Take him and either J. Lewis, R Grimes or G Johnson and we are good. N

Reactions: HuskerDana
Maybe not, Nebraska may be looking for that big body receiver and shut it down at wideout. He may have made a huge mistake.
You're saying we wouldn't accept the commitment of Calvin if he wanted to come here? C'mon now. I see us looking for a big body WR but we still need 2 WR's. 1 big body and Calvin or comparable.

Totally agree, believe they are looking closely at the recruit from USC and the other one mentioned, believe Bradford--both 6'3" or so.

You're saying we wouldn't accept the commitment of Calvin if he wanted to come here? C'mon now. I see us looking for a big body WR but we still need 2 WR's. 1 big body and Calvin or comparable.

That's exactly what I'm saying. The staff has really turned up the heat on some other guys. Not saying they won't take him, but it's definitely a possibility now. Personally I'd rather have Grimes and another of the bigger bodied wideouts and call it a day. They just signed a better version of Calvin afterall.

That's exactly what I'm saying. The staff has really turned up the heat on some other guys. Not saying they won't take him, but it's definitely a possibility now. Personally I'd rather have Grimes and another of the bigger bodied wideouts and call it a day. They just signed a better version of Calvin afterall.
I think some forget Key and Mcquitty are 6'1 and 6'2. Add another big body receiver and Jamire. 3 big dudes and 2 speed slot guys and call it a great receivers class.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigRedPimp
Yep I get that. The good news is when is the last time NU was in a position like this for WR? I'm guessing Jody Lewis to USC. I like the looks of Grimes. Him and Calvin would be my guess for final 2 WR's.

I wish. I do not believe Grimes is coming though. He said Nebraska is a good opportunity. Thats it. Still seemed sold on the trojans and he goes back there this weekend.

Yep I get that. The good news is when is the last time NU was in a position like this for WR? I'm guessing Jody Lewis to USC. I like the looks of Grimes. Him and Calvin would be my guess for final 2 WR's.
I posted this in another thread but after that WR who flaked to Louisville last year really opened their eyes and are determined to not let that happen again. We seem to have backup plans to our backup plans. And all these guys are studs. Not plan B types.

Reactions: Doniphan89
Nebraska could take up to 6 WR in this class. I believe that they will try to get 5 locked up by signing day and then wait for Lewis to make his decision no matter what.

Reactions: HBK4life
I never say never though on his committing to the Huskers. There is always a possibility with these high profile young kids.

Nebraska could take up to 6 WR in this class. I believe that they will try to get 5 locked up by signing day and then wait for Lewis to make his decision no matter what.
If I was a star WR I doubt there is a better opportunity for early PT other than NU. We have Stanley, DPE, Spielman and a couple walk ons. That's it. Doors open. And as a bonus we have 3 good QB's waiting and the best WR coach in the country. Sign me up!! GBR

Totally agree, believe they are looking closely at the recruit from USC and the other one mentioned, believe Bradford--both 6'3" or so.

I don't see any way Nebraska refuses Calvin's commitment. He is too good.

That said, I hope we can land all of these guys. They are all serious athletes and you gotta like our chances of striking gold with at least one of them.

Calvin
Lewis
Grimes
Thompson

Thompson is the lowest rated and could be the best of the bunch. That's how good our prospects are right now.

Reactions: HBK4life

That said, I hope we can land all of these guys. They are all serious athletes and you gotta like our chances of striking gold with at least one of them.

Calvin
Lewis
Grimes
Robinson

Robinson is the lowest rated and could be the best of the bunch. That's how good our prospects are right now.
Don't forget Bryan Thompson. He is visiting too. Another 4 star.

Calvin
Lewis
Grimes
Robinson

Robinson is the lowest rated and could be the best of the bunch. That's how good our prospects are right now.
Robinson can play TE!

Don't forget Bryan Thompson. He is visiting too. Another 4 star.

That's who I meant instead of Robinson. Edited my post. Kid plays at the same school Eric Martin and Quincy Enunwa came from. That place pumps out big kids every year. The big WR from Fresno St. that put up 100+ yards receiving on us last season also went there. Gotta keep that pipeline running.

If I was a star WR I doubt there is a better opportunity for early PT other than NU. We have Stanley, DPE, Spielman and a couple walk ons. That's it. Doors open. And as a bonus we have 3 good QB's waiting and the best WR coach in the country. Sign me up!! GBR
Yep! Exactly.

Only missing Coach Dub's son Keyan (he is listed on the scholarship distribution chart).

Remember 2015 when all of our WRs were injured and we relied on Stanley Morgan as a true freshman and couldn't hardly even practice due to the low numbers?

I don't know how many total WRs should be on scholarship, but we need to get closer to that number asap. (Rahn, Reimers, and maybe Young will play as walk-ons so that will help with total numbers)

Only issue is that you don't want al players at one position in the same class, but maybe redshirting and leaving early for the NFL adjust those numbers in the future to get a more even distribution.

Awwwww, that's cute. You gave me a nickname. Should I start on Twitter so we can tweet at each other? Or do you only look for high school kids?
Social media really can be useful. Feel free to join in at any time. Please don't expect me to follow you though. Not going to happen.
I am too busy TCB.
Good luck with it though!

probably just a matter of time until he is a Neb commit

Drama boy. Stay away. Who was the other insecure recruit who had the daddy issues. Went to A$M. Glad he gone. Can't remember his name. Cancer in the locker room.

Calvin
Lewis
Grimes
Thompson

Thompson is the lowest rated and could be the best of the bunch. That's how good our prospects are right now.
Four-star athlete Greg Johnson will visit Oregon the weekend of Jan. 20 and then head to USC the following weekend as he finalizes his decision.

The former Arizona commit said Nebraska is also in the mix for his commitment; he raved about the people there and how that will play a factor into his thinking. USC, Oregon and Nebraska are the main contenders for Johnson. Are we recruiting him as a WR or athlete or DB?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT