ADVERTISEMENT

Jamire Calvin picks Beavers

Nebraska nose dived to end the season. It's no surprise that Calvin chose a different school.

Reactions: Shermski77
And you can keep defending this trash! Good day for you, too!

I'm sorry your blind support for this staff had clouded your judgement. :(
Nebraska nose dived to end the season. It's no surprise that Calvin chose a different school.
Go away troll. Anybody with a lick of sense knows we didn't have the depth at QB to compensate for injuries to our top 2 QBs. I highly doubt that figured in to his final decision. The QB depth chart looks a whole bunch different for spring ball.

He doesn't seem to worried about the quality of program, just look at his choice....

It's possible, but Nebraska completely fell apart and had zero momentum to end the season. That kind of stuff does make a difference with recruits.

It's possible, but Nebraska completely fell apart and had zero momentum to end the season. That kind of stuff does make a difference with recruits.
Why would Calvin choose Oregon St then? They had a cappy season and weren't even in Calvin's top 4 in early December....

Go away troll. Anybody with a lick of sense knows we didn't have the depth at QB to compensate for injuries to our top 2 QBs. I highly doubt that figured in to his final decision. The QB depth chart looks a whole bunch different for spring ball.
Troll? Also, you should say trolls when referring to multiple posters.

Nevertheless, I would be willing to bet you said the same thing last season. And the season before. I'm also willing to bet you trashed armstrong most of the season (at least the part of the season where we started getting blown out). And defending Fyfe, successfully, would be worthy if a Pulitzer.

Nebraska fans still living in the past like it's 1997. You had great tradition, but in today's college football landscape, you're as much irrelevant as Oregon State is...

Have you ever heard about OSU's basketball history? One of the winningest programs in NCAA. Multiple elite 8 and final 4 appearances, pac10 championships, #1 rankings, and NBA hall of fame members. That level of success ended in the late 80's early 90's. All that history means nothing now, the basketball program is irrelevant. Get where I'm going with this? Sound familiar to Nebraska football?

The excuses you guys have come up with for why Calvin picked us over Neb is laughable... you guys seriously think we paid his family?!? Wow. Just maybe the kid decided he wanted to play with his close friend, or after he saw who our new WR coach is, he decided he wanted to play for him. If you forgot, Calvin was originally high on OSU until our previous coach left and took a head coaching position.

"He made a mistake choosing OSU" Why? Seriously, I want to know? If his ultimate goal is to go pro, he'll have just as good of an opportunity at OSU as he would other schools. Heard of Brandin Cooks? Markus Wheaton? Worked out for them coming here...

It's like this was a huge surprise that a kid choose OSU over Neb... Hell, this isn't even the first time it's happened this year. Isaiah Hodgins, a higher ranked WR than Calvin had an offer from Neb and visited, signed with us two months ago.

The way you guys view OSU is pathetic, but not as pathetic as you delusions that the Neb program is still like it was in the 90s. Those times are gone. Time to move on.

You've won 6 games in 2 years! 6 games!! RollingLaugh GTFO!!

Why would Calvin choose Oregon St then? They had a cappy season and weren't even in Calvin's top 4 in early December....

OSU had the benefit of being closer to home and being on the West Coast. When NU went down in flames to end the year maybe that was enough to give them the edge over the Huskers.

The kid stayed where his relatives could reasonably attend a few games each year.

Some folks need to open their eyes. They think a select group of schools are willing to get dirty. That's not the case. Recruits are getting action from all kinds of programs across the country. Doesn't matter if they win four games or twelve. We are always going to be vulnerable when having to compete against that for recruits.

P.S. I'll be accepting apologies from certain posters until the start of the Packer game. :)
If oregon state is doing it, surely there are people doing it at nebraska?
If not maybe we oughta start

OSU had the benefit of being closer to home and being on the West Coast. When NU went down in flames to end the year maybe that was enough to give them the edge over the Huskers.
I would agree if Oregon St was in his top 4 at the beginning of December.

If oregon state is doing it, surely there are people doing it at nebraska?
If not maybe we oughta start

Recruits and their families are increasingly seeing themselves as assets. And why shouldn't they? Everyone is making money in big time college football. I agree that we need to start playing the game.

Recruits and their families are increasingly seeing themselves as assets. And why shouldn't they? Everyone is making money in big time college football. I agree that we need to start playing the game.
You know Archie, the more I think about it, the more I am coming around to your view that there is something very, very fishy about his OSU pick. OSU is a terrible team and a terrible program. They are recruiting tons and tons of wide receivers so there is stiff competition. Yes it is in the Pac12 with a few road games in LA, but it isn't as if Corvallis is that much closer than Lincoln to mom and dad. His position coach at OSU will be brand new and untested. The QB's he would have been playing with at NU will be much better than the QB's at OSU. He made it known in various ways that he was an NU guy all the way up until Friday. His only public explanation for his change is that he had "a change of heart". Well duh.... Finally, he did not appear happy with, or enthusiastic about, his OSU pick on TV.
Yep... this thing stinks all over.
But... life goes on. Next man up and all that stuff....
GBR

You know Archie, the more I think about it, the more I am coming around to your view that there is something very, very fishy about his OSU pick. OSU is a terrible team and a terrible program. They are recruiting tons and tons of wide receivers so there is stiff competition. Yes it is in the Pac12 with a few road games in LA, but it isn't as if Corvallis is that much closer than Lincoln to mom and dad. His position coach at OSU will be brand new and untested. The QB's he would have been playing with at NU will be much better than the QB's at OSU. He made it known in various ways that he was an NU guy all the way up until Friday. His only public explanation for his change is that he had "a change of heart". Well duh.... Finally, he did not appear happy with, or enthusiastic about, his OSU pick on TV.
GBR
Not to mention OSU wasn't even in his Top 4 last week, they were 116 in the nation in passing last year, they have 7 WR's commits and no position coach.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Not to mention OSU wasn't even in his Top 4 last week, they were 116 in the nation in passing last year, they have 7 WR's commits and no position coach.
Yes.. good addition to my list... OSU was not even in his top 4 last week. So you go from being totally out of the top 4 to top of the list in one week, due simply to a "change of heart"?? I am not buying it.

Like the last time we played on the same field 3 years ago when we won 9-2?
Yes, and we beat you 15-7 two days before, so series split.
Beavers are picked by Baseball America to be in Omaha for the CWS.
Our last three recruiting classes have all been ranked in the top 12.
Should be a great trip, if anyone is going, Don and Charlies in Scottsdale is a must for any baseball fan. I'll buy a drink for the first Nebraska fan I see in the bar.

GBR

Yes sir. But you're right in with the next man up comment. Evern if he came back in the fold before signing day I dont think you could trust him at all. Bye. Have fun at OSU.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I hope not. That type of kid would probably transfer at the drop of a hat anyway. Go after some of those other wideouts on their boardm

They are going after several others as well. Also stated they've been working on USC commit Randal Grimes for a visit.

So here's what some Nebraska fans have come to.

- Nebraska loses a top recruit because of money.
- Nebraska lands a top recruit because of the coaches ability to recruit (or whatever).

You guys are telling me ______ unofficially visited Nebraska on his own dime? No outside help, whatsoever?!? His 7-on-7 coaches dropped their own money to see Nebraska? Come on man. I don't think this is a can of worms Husker fans want to open on a forum like Rivals, 247, Scout, or anywhere else that is accessible to the public, and that includes the scouting services paid sites.

Pernell reporting that NU has contacted Calvin since Saturday.

He has it backwards.

Last edited:

- Nebraska lands a top recruit because of the coaches ability to recruit (or whatever).

You guys are telling me _____ unofficially visited Nebraska on his own dime? No outside help, whatsoever?!? His 7-on-7 coaches dropped their own money to see Nebraska? Come on man. I don't think this is a can of worms Husker fans want to open on a forum like Rivals, 247, Scout, or anywhere else that is accessible to the public, and that includes the scouting services paid sites.

I agree that it shouldn't be discussed.

Last edited:

You guys are telling me ______ unofficially visited Nebraska on his own dime? No outside help, whatsoever?!? His 7-on-7 coaches dropped their own money to see Nebraska? Come on man. I don't think this is a can of worms Husker fans want to open on a forum like Rivals, 247, Scout, or anywhere else that is accessible to the public, and that includes the scouting services paid sites.

He has it backwards.

Yah, sorry I should have read more closely. "Calvin and Nebraska have already been in contact since Saturday."

He didn't say who contacted who, that was my summary error.

Offer a hypothesis.

He picked the worst hat on the table no matter what metric you choose. This after stating that said school was eliminated after their WR coach left to go to SJSU. Then he's crying after his announcement. Something clearly happened here. Money. Overruled by parents. Something. That's all I'm saying. It's not an excuse for the final class for the Huskers but some shit went down here.

Turns out the reason he was crying was because his dad couldn't make the ceremony because he was stuck in the Florida airport because of the shooting. He felt it was his biggest day in football and his dad couldn't share it with him, apologies accepted.

Turns out the reason he was crying was because his dad couldn't make the ceremony because he was stuck in the Florida airport because of the shooting. He felt it was his biggest day in football and his dad couldn't share it with him, apologies accepted.

Keep thinking that's all that happened. I'll stick to reality.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT