ADVERTISEMENT

Jamire Calvin picks Beavers

No, Jamire Calvin has been a "must get" by our staff from the very beginning.

Thought he was a lock today. I'm shocked even tho I wasn't on cloud 9 getting another 150 or 160 lb WR. Odds are they unfortunately are injury prone. Still shocked.

We lose 13 SR's. Had an okay recruiting class last year but expected more. You miss on one or two and the classes set you back Years. This class better finish strong. There isn't depth and skipping a class or little misses are huge!!

Well we have increased our recruiting budget, added a director of player personnel, expanded our recruiting staff, and have an athletic director and coaching staff that "gets it" as compared to former staff! Hmmm! I guess I'll wait a bit longer to make my opinion.

Reactions: bomber89
It seems like Williams is really struggling with recruiting right now. Pretty much ever since his DUI. I wonder if that has had an effect?

Or if this had anything to do with the hard change in decision why he fliped.

Yeah, can't imagine how much money Riley offered Simi Kuli when he picked OSU over NU. Wish he brought the OSU bag men to Lincoln.

If everyone has "bag money men" and we don't, our big time boosters are idiots. There's no nobility in being an honest loser in this game, sadly because the cheaters never get punished. To quote the movie Blue Chips, "it's only a foul if the ref blows the whistle".

Reactions: TheBeav815
Classic. We used to blame losing recruits to the SEC because of $$. Now losing recruits to freakin Oregon State... must be $$. You cannot make this up!

Seriously what is the next stop on the excuse train? Walk-on program can't survive because Jamrog has bag men at Midland?!

Classic. We used to blame losing recruits to the SEC because of $$. Now losing recruits to freakin Oregon State... must be $$. You cannot make this up!

Seriously what is the next stop on the excuse train? Walk-on program can't survive because Jamrog has bag men at Midland?!
I too use to get a kick out of the $EC blame but Calvin commit seemed very odd.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Maybe the kid looks at N on the same level with Oregon St while being closer with a better coach.. N just isn't coveted anymore to anyone but in-state kids maybe.....

Offer a hypothesis.

He picked the worst hat on the table no matter what metric you choose. This after stating that said school was eliminated after their WR coach left to go to SJSU. Then he's crying after his announcement. Something clearly happened here. Money. Overruled by parents. Something. That's all I'm saying. It's not an excuse for the final class for the Huskers but some shit went down here.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Maybe the kid looks at N on the same level with Oregon St while being closer with a better coach.. N just isn't coveted anymore to anyone but in-state kids maybe.....
It doesn't appear that his "commit" has anything do with how he looks at anybody. Mama wanted her baby closer to home and she won. The Pac12 network is already part of her cable package.Winking The bag man thing is not how its done by most schools now. The "mama gets a better job" plays out fairly frequently though.

Offer a hypothesis.

He picked the worst hat on the table no matter what metric you choose. This after stating that said school was eliminated after their WR coach left to go to SJSU. Then he's crying after his announcement. Something clearly happened here. Money. Overruled by parents. Something. That's all I'm saying. It's not an excuse for the final class for the Huskers but some shit went down here.
But now you are back tracking. Before you were clearly saying that you thought money was involved. But now you are admitting it might have been parental pressure just like a lot of people on here think.
Parental pressure does not qualify as "some shit went down" as if there is something shady about that

Offer a hypothesis.

Problem is there is no chance you'd say the same thing if some of these guys chose Nebraska even when they are the worst current program with a hat on the table.

But now you are back tracking. Before you were clearly saying that you thought money was involved. But now you are admitting it might have been parental pressure just like a lot of people on here think.
Parental pressure does not qualify as "some shit went down" as if there is something shady about that

Fine. I'm saying it's one possibility.

Shit went down, as in, he wanted to be N and told our staff this, and then it didn't happen. If you want to define it differently that fine. That's how I'm defining it.

Could somebody explain to me why it is everytime somebody picks another school over us, it's because we suck and nobody wants to come here anymore? Does that mean the other players that are coming here are losers who don't know what they are doing?Seriously-explain to me why guys like McQuitty, Roberts, Gebbia and KJJ are coming here if nobody wants to come here anymore?

Hypothesis: Parental pressure to play in the Pac12 and to play for a team where you can start very soon in your career, if not right away

I buy parental pressure but he'd be in the rotation at Nebraska too.

Oregon State has SEVEN WR commits.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT