ADVERTISEMENT

Jamire Calvin picks Beavers

In thinking about this thread, my husband and I were wondering if Rivals (and other services) aid in the crazy recruiting flips we are seeing. For example, if we know our team is after ________ or in need of a certain position, are there lone wolf bag men boosters who now better know what recruits to "visit"? Since it seems like OSU and other places much further south have these kind of folks, will it propel some Husker boosters into this bag men activity for some of our remaining targets? Do we want that?

Turns out the reason he was crying was because his dad couldn't make the ceremony because he was stuck in the Florida airport because of the shooting. He felt it was his biggest day in football and his dad couldn't share it with him, apologies accepted.
Turns out his heart really is with Nebraska, the kid was making a sacrifice so that his family could see him play college ball...

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/footba...cle_b0906880-d84c-11e6-99d1-a3b1508b955d.html

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
Lindsey's quarterback and close friend, Tate Martell, enrolled at Ohio State Wednesday.

LOL!!! Not anymore.
I could be misreading, but Tate and Lindsey are not connected. In fact you could say there was a 'twitter fall out' after his decommitment. Friends might now be associates.

Edit: I get it now. I couldn't read the article earlier. Emphasizing the former close friend emphasis from the article.

My fault.

Last edited:
Reactions: kaz36
You mean NU didn't forget how to recruit, doesn't suck too bad, or anything like that?

More twitter signs. I don't remember *exactly* how Jamire's twitter page used to look, but it appears he's wiped any trace of OSU from it. Also has "...to be continued" where they usually post "OSU '17 Commit" or something like that.

Losing recruits to Oregon St. Oh how weve fallen off a freaking cliff.

No kidding! Especially since Oregon State is in a shithole

Yes, but that Oregon State coach is one hell of a recruiter. Just imagine if he had Nebraska's resources to recruit. Wait… What… He's here?

It doesn't get any better than losing a kid to a school that our current coach was supposedly better than.......

Well we have increased our recruiting budget, added a director of player personnel, expanded our recruiting staff, and have an athletic director and coaching staff that "gets it" as compared to former staff! Hmmm! I guess I'll wait a bit longer to make my opinion.

Classic. We used to blame losing recruits to the SEC because of $$. Now losing recruits to freakin Oregon State... must be $$. You cannot make this up!

Seriously what is the next stop on the excuse train? Walk-on program can't survive because Jamrog has bag men at Midland?!

Trending like top 40/50.

Just what 9 and 4 team does.

Beat the crappy teams and lose to nearly all top 30 teams.

Nebraska nose dived to end the season. It's no surprise that Calvin chose a different school.

How many of you guys or gals posted in the Tyjon Lindsey commitment thread? Serious answers only.

TIA!

Some people don't like anything and they don't want other people to like anything.

They are the permanently all pissed off.
And they will not stop until they think you are as miserable as they are.
There is no helping them.
Trying to help them will only piss them off more.
There is nothing you can do.

Some people don't like anything and they don't want other people to like anything.

They are the permanently all pissed off.
And they will not stop until they think you are as miserable as they are.
There is no helping them.
Trying to help them will only piss them off more.
There is nothing you can do.
POTD. Post of the Decade.

How many of you guys or gals posted in the Tyjon Lindsey commitment thread? Serious answers only.

TIA!
Right here chief. So it's not okay to be disappointed and voice that disappointment, then also enjoy when things go the other direction? Pretty sure I've never been anything but honest and balanced on this board. Save your call outs for folks that only go in one direction.

And welcome back.

Reactions: H.T.O.
Right here chief. So it's not okay to be disappointed and voice that disappointment, then also enjoy when things go the other direction? Pretty sure I've never been anything but honest and balanced on this board. Save your call outs for folks that only go in one direction.

And welcome back.

You didn't answer my question, but ya, it's more than cool as far as I'm concerned to voice displeasure. Yes, you're a balanced poster.

This isn't a call out...

You didn't answer my question, but ya, it's more than cool as far as I'm concerned to voice displeasure. Yes, you're a balanced poster.

This isn't a call out...
Read the thread again. There's your answer.

Read the thread again. There's your answer.

Tyjon tweeted back to J Calvin.

You're next.

I wouldn't be surprised it Calvin switched in the next week or two.

I am sure the door is wide open for him.

He put up some big numbers this year.

TIA!

I posted something earlier about how Tyjon tweeted to Calvin. He said, You're Next.
I am glad Tyjon switched to N.

If you look at this message above it is some true comments I made. I think the day was right after I watched parts of the Army All American game.

N went ooofer on the 4 announcements at the game. I had it on at the house to see the announcements.

Watching N recruit as a top 35 team or even 40/50 is very frustrating. Lindsey probably gets the recruiting class in the mid to low 30's in rankings.

9 and 4 is what top 30 teams achieve.
62-3 losses at the OSU are what top 30 teams have every year.

N needs to get back to the high level recruiting that Osborne had back in the say. N needs to recruit like the top ten teams. Bama and Tennessee.

I say Tennessee because they were so much better than N in that bowl game.
Tennessee had a good year but fell apart at the end of the season. Their speed and athleticism was off the charts compared to the N roster. The announcer said at the beginning that their QB was the most athletic QB they were going to face this year. He said that knowing we had already lost to the OSU, 62-3.

I try to stay positive but I am on the record saying TMart and T Armstrong were horrible QB's and they both had a string of 9 win seasons under Bo and Riley. Bo royally screwed N with his BS recruiting style. Riley can't fix it overnight and he can't fix if he pulls in top 30/40 or top 50 classes.

Enough of my rant. Posting here now because I am hoping Calvin is N.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
Watching N recruit as a top 35 team or even 40/50 is very frustrating. Lindsey probably gets the recruiting class in the mid to low 30's in rankings.

Not sure what rankings or formulas you are going by but after adding Lindsey Nebraska sits at
27th Rivals
24th ESPN
23rd 247
23rd Scout

Using Rivals since it is the lowest current rank if Nebraska adds 5 middle ranked 3 stars to the class they would finish with 1883 points. The lowest that total would rank in the previous 5 years would be 23rd.

Good stuff, baby steps! ;)

I will never take steps away from mocking the excuse-makers. If this staff is good enough, they don't need any made for them, nor would they want any I assume. Hell, anytime someone makes excuses for me not doing my job to the level I want, it just makes me think they believe I'm not good enough to get to that level.

It's clear Riley is willing to do whatever it takes to get results. Now it's time, next year and the year after, to see those results.

Reactions: huskerfan1414

TIA!

This is awesome news. Lindsey type talent is exactly what this class needed and eases the pain of Lewis leaning toward USC. Hopefully NU does whatever it takes to keep Dr. Route on the staff for a long, long time.

Asked HBK a question in one of the threads about Banker but don't think I ever got an answer. other than that, haven't really had much of a chance to post. Hope this one meets Tim's requirement for husker fandom. hah

Chance for this class to be top 20. As far as the rest of this stuff, in order to be a fan you have to at least occasionally see the glass as better than half full. On this board, there are a few who only do that begrudgingly or backhandedly.

Chance for this class to be top 20. As far as the rest of this stuff, in order to be a fan you have to at least occasionally see the glass as better than half full. On this board, there are a few who only do that begrudgingly or backhandedly.

Are you talking about the:

'Fire Reed and Banker' crowd that gets upset at the way they got fired? And not that they got what they wanted?

Some people dislike Riley and SE more than they love Nebraska football. They would rather see Riley and SE fail than be proven wrong and Nebraska be successful.

Good stuff, baby steps! ;)
I know I have been very negative since the Iowa game – that game was crushing. I love this program and that is part of what brings my passion out. Seeing this program tread water for the past 15 years has me at a glass half empty perspective (sorry – but I had bought in way too strong on the previous two coaching staffs). I was not excited about the Riley hire, but trust was slowly built up until the Ohio State game – I was cautiously optimistic after Ohio State, but Iowa was too much to overlook.

That being said, I am very encouraged and impressed by the steps Riley has taken by firing to longtime friends and the hires that he replaced them with. It looks like momentum is coming back on recruiting – so count me in the cautiously optimistic camp again.

Let's just hope the momentum continues. Stop the negative shyt and the I told you so mess just further divides Husker nation. It's stupid..

That isn't what happened, and the replies to the bump not only understand that but also respect it with good posts.

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
Not sure what rankings or formulas you are going by but after adding Lindsey Nebraska sits at
27th Rivals
24th ESPN
23rd 247
23rd Scout

Using Rivals since it is the lowest current rank if Nebraska adds 5 middle ranked 3 stars to the class they would finish with 1883 points. The lowest that total would rank in the previous 5 years would be 23rd.

When I wrote those estimates on top 30 it was without Tyjon. It was after missing out on the Army game 4. It felt like N was trending backwards.

23 in rankings gets N to 9 and 4 and an embarrassing loss in a bowl game to a much more athletic team. This also places N at no 5 in the Big in rankings. That is not scaring anyone.

It has been a couple months since N had some meaningful recruiting wins.

Look at the list. N needs more 4 stars and less 3 stars. I am hopeful but 23rd, 27th still feels like 9 and 4 and the OSU whipping boy.

N's best win this year was probably over Oregon. That team fired their coach.

N has the ability to get back into the top 10 again but it all starts with recruiting. N has way too much to offer to not have 20 to 25, 4 star recruits.

I wrote somewhere in another thread to look at the names Nebraska closed with in the final month last year... Lamar Jackson and Matt Farniok are 2 of them, but 4 or 5 of our higher rated players committed in the final month last year.

These coaches will get us the players... this weekend just confirmed that to me. And they aren't finished. We will be better this year than last year. We are trending up. I think the rankings will continue to improve from one year to the next. IMO.

Edit: I should say next year will be better star average wise... I keep hearing from this board it will be a smaller class so we are looking at a lower ranking as a result. But the quality will continue to get better each year I think, unless we go in the tank big time.

Reactions: StrongArm517
When I wrote those estimates on top 30 it was without Tyjon. It was after missing out on the Army game 4. It felt like N was trending backwards.

23 in rankings gets N to 9 and 4 and an embarrassing loss in a bowl game to a much more athletic team. This also places N at no 5 in the Big in rankings. That is not scaring anyone.

Look at the list. N needs more 4 stars and less 3 stars. I am hopeful but 23rd, 27th still feels like 9 and 4 and the OSU whipping boy.

N has the ability to get back into the top 10 again but it all starts with recruiting. N has way too much to offer to not have 20 to 25, 4 star recruits.

You think we should have 20 four star commits? LOL. Only Alabama has that right now. The fact is that we are a middle of the road program for the last 15 years. We need to upgrade our recruiting to get back to the top but that's going to take time. We have no recruiting base and haven't won anything since these kids have been alive. We can get back to the top, but it's going to take time as we have to rebuild it. It's not going to happen over night because we aren't going to pull 20 four stars in a single class any time soon. Some of you are just off your rockers.

Reactions: TFrazier

If you are ever expecting Nebraska to get "20 to 25" 4 star recruits you will be sorely disappointed. That doesn't happen for anyone. As an example, in 2014 and 2015 Alabama had 19 4 and 5 star recruits. In 2016 they had 15. Getting 20-25 is a silly expectation.

half-full-glass.jpg

Optimist: "I see a glass half full, and I hope it gets better"

Pessimist: "I see a glass half empty, and it's gonna get worse"

Leader: "Let's do what has to be done to fill up that glass"

Ohio State last three years # of 4-5 stars: 16, 14, 17
USC: 14, 21, 13
LSU: 17, 12, 15
Nebraska: 4, 6, 4

Do we need to do better with recruiting these big time prospects...Yes...But please have reasonable expectations.

You think we should have 20 four star commits? LOL. Only Alabama has that right now. The fact is that we are a middle of the road program for the last 15 years. We need to upgrade our recruiting to get back to the top but that's going to take time. We have no recruiting base and haven't won anything since these kids have been alive. We can get back to the top, but it's going to take time as we have to rebuild it. It's not going to happen over night because we aren't going to pull 20 four stars in a single class any time soon. Some of you are just off your rockers.
What happened to your avatar of ALex DeLarge?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT