ADVERTISEMENT

J Alexander Keung

SLOHusker

Senior
Aug 7, 2001
https://www.ncsasports.org/mens-soc...s/patrick-henry-high-school2/jalexander-kueng

This is one of the four police officers. Now I can't tell exactly what his ethnicity is, but he is certainly not white. I have been in agreement with charging all four because a man died for no reason, but we have to ask ourselves if racism was really the motivating factor. I'm afraid that an acquittal of any of the four will cause a lot of problems.

Why do you need to identify his race? Why do you need to check and see if they are white or not? I am directly asking you OP.

Why does ethnicity and skin color matter to you? Why can't any life, no matter race nor color of skin, simply be worrisome? Why do you feel the need to "check the boxes"??

Why can't ALL LIVES MATTER

https://www.ncsasports.org/mens-soc...s/patrick-henry-high-school2/jalexander-kueng

This is one of the four police officers. Now I can't tell exactly what his ethnicity is, but he is certainly not white. I have been in agreement with charging all four because a man died for no reason, but we have to ask ourselves if racism was really the motivating factor. I'm afraid that an acquittal of any of the four will cause a lot of problems.
Last name Kueng is of Chinese origin. The spelling in mainland China is Kong. With a spelling of Kueng, his ancestor probably moved out of China before PRC was established. By his skin complexion, I'd guess he is of Chinese and Caribbean descent.

Last name Kueng is of Chinese origin. The spelling in mainland China is Kong. With a spelling of Kueng, his ancestor probably moved out of China before PRC was established. By his skin complexion, I'd guess he is of Chinese and Caribbean descent.

Why does it say Ireland/Britain on ancestry.com ?

I think one Asian, one black or mixed, & 2 white men. Tou Thao is obviously Asian. Kueng i believe is mixed. Not that any of this matters except to all the news media outlets that kept pumping 4 white police officers as headlines. It’s bad no matter what.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Why do you need to identify his race? Why do you need to check and see if they are white or not? I am directly asking you OP.

Why does ethnicity and skin color matter to you? Why can't any life, no matter race nor color of skin, simply be worrisome? Why do you feel the need to "check the boxes"??

George Floyd is the man who is dead, he was clearly an African American man. Black or green his life clearly mattered.

While we are on the discussion of "why does race matter", if the man who killed Floyd were black, would this whole situation have escalated to the current level?

Because much of the protest is because a white LEO killed a black man, not much has been made of the 3 other LEO who just stood by, watched and did nothing. When two of those officers are minorities, I think it adds something to the discussion.

I think one Asian, one black or mixed, & 2 white men. Tou Thao is obviously Asian. Kueng i believe is mixed. Not that any of this matters except to all the news media outlets that kept pumping 4 white police officers as headlines. It’s bad no matter what.
Because we are being incessantly told this was racially motivated. Derek Chauvin may be a racist, but I struggle to believe a guy that looks to have at least some black ancestry was racist. This man and the other rookie cop may be acquitted and I don't think that will be accepted. I believe in fair trials. This is going to be a tough situation and I fear that things will not be ok.

George Floyd is the man who is dead, he was clearly an African American man. Black or green his life clearly mattered.

While we are on the discussion of "why does race matter", if the man who killed Floyd were black, would this whole situation have escalated to the current level?

Because much of the protest is because a white LEO killed a black man, not much has been made of the 3 other LEO who just stood by, watched and did nothing. When two of those officers are minorities, I think it adds something to the discussion.
Only Thao was standing. The other three were holding him down (Keung was holding down his back and Lang I believe his legs). Supposedly there is another video as well that shows Keung (who was much smaller) struggling with Lloyd. I still believe Chauvin essentially killed him, but the other two who were rookies would have had little freedom to protest any action by the commanding officers.

Reactions: Spectrumalaska
Because we are being incessantly told this was racially motivated. Derek Chauvin may be a racist, but I struggle to believe a guy that looks to have at least some black ancestry was racist. This man and the other rookie cop may be acquitted and I don't think that will be accepted. I believe in fair trials. This is going to be a tough situation and I fear that things will not be ok.

I follow the first part, not sure I agree that 2 Asian men can't be racist toward a black man, but could you explain your rationale for the last 3 sentences? You lost me there. Why would they be acquitted? Why wouldn't that be accepted? Why is it going to be a tough situation?

Reactions: Nebraska_Reality
Only Thao was standing. The other three were holding him down (Keung was holding down his back and Lang I believe his legs). Supposedly there is another video as well that shows Keung (who was much smaller) struggling with Lloyd. I still believe Chauvin essentially killed him, but the other two who were rookies would have had little freedom to protest any action by the commanding officers.

I served my time in the military, during my service I spent time in Panama during Just Cause and spent time in Iraq/Afghanistan in the Gulf War. Chain of command is vitally important, but I can promise you that if there was a situation where a higher ranking soldier was about to kill someone unnecessarily, it would have been stopped. Even if we didn't care for the enemy, we would have stopped it to save our fellow soldier from doing something stupid that could ruin his career. That was 30 years ago, when not everything was filmed. Not buying that they get off scott free

Reactions: dinglefritz
We have video BUT we do NOT have audio. We need to wait until everything plays out in court.
Derek Chauvin is certainly guilty for his part, the others are probably all culpable to a lesser degree.
I have absolutely no sympathy for rioters and especially looters. Any punishment they receive is earned.

Reactions: sparky62
I served my time in the military, during my service I spent time in Panama during Just Cause and spent time in Iraq/Afghanistan in the Gulf War. Chain of command is vitally important, but I can promise you that if there was a situation where a higher ranking soldier was about to kill someone unnecessarily, it would have been stopped. Even if we didn't care for the enemy, we would have stopped it to save our fellow soldier from doing something stupid that could ruin his career. That was 30 years ago, when not everything was filmed. Not buying that they get off scott free

Thank you for your service

We have video BUT we do NOT have audio. We need to wait until everything plays out in court.
Derek Chauvin is certainly guilty for his part, the others are probably all culpable to a lesser degree.
I have absolutely no sympathy for rioters and especially looters. Any punishment they receive is earned.

No reason to wait for anything. The white guys must be racist, they have to be. The other ones probably aren’t.

Hi. Strangely, I miss you. Good to great adversaries are hard to find on this board.

Reactions: buckymel
We've got to stop letting the media divide us. It's not about race, it's about the people vs the government

The government are part of the people too, unless SkyNet has indeed become self aware and completely taken over. (the main baddie does have some suggestion of T-1000 about him)

Curious to see if there is a spike in a few weeks... If not that might be a great sign to open things up

I understand where you’re coming from. The media obviously knew what they were doing. They did this in the Freddie Grey case too. The media definitely loves race click bait.

It’s not so much about the race(s) of the police officers involved, or about any alleged racism of the officers involved.

It’s about the ingrained culture of law enforcement that results in a long and sustained record of needless aggression and overreaction against minorities for rather petty stuff, the fact that this overreaction produces death way too often, the fact that officers are rarely if ever held accountable for their manslaughters, and the fact that this has never not been the case in the entire history of USA.

But yeah, let’s point out that all of the officers were not WASPs, and therefore nothing wrong must have happened.

edit : quoted wrong post. Deleted reference

LOL. Maybe because I don't seek out Huskers like Hawkeyes do?
Still, I certainly enjoy having a good laugh at NU's expense.
I suppose when we knock Wisky's dick in the dirt this year, it'll be due to Corona, just admit up front, because I won't allow this excuse after.

Also, how's Rivals Soundoff treating you these days?

Reactions: HuskerHusaria
I suppose when we knock Wisky's dick in the dirt this year, it'll be due to Corona, just admit up front, because I won't allow this excuse after.

Also, how's Rivals Soundoff treating you these days?
Jacky'll show Adrian how to hype Heisman.

Ok. This post was a reply to a since deleted post by whoever it was.

Don't attack the replier.

It’s not so much about the race(s) of the police officers involved, or about any alleged racism of the officers involved.

It’s about the ingrained culture of law enforcement that results in a long and sustained record of needless aggression and overreaction against minorities for rather petty stuff, the fact that this overreaction produces death way too often, the fact that officers are rarely if ever held accountable for their manslaughters, and the fact that this has never not been the case in the entire history of USA.

But yeah, let’s point out that all of the officers were not WASPs, and therefore nothing wrong must have happened.

You seem angry.

If you don't like doing the time, don't do the crime.

Reactions: OzzyLvr

now that you have had a little time to cool off.

Can you honestly say that if an African American LEO had his knee on the neck of Mr. Floyd that the amount of attention to this case would be as great as it is because it was a white cop?

If you can honestly say the amount of attention would be similar, regardless to the race of the LEO who killed Mr. Floyd, then you have a point. But I don't think you honestly believe that to be true. Therefore it is very much about the race of the police officers involved and about any racism they may have.

My wife's uncle was a big, white guy. Friendly to a fault. Had some addiction issues. One day he was playing loud music in his trailer in a trailer park and the neighbor called the police about a noise disturbance. Four officers arrived, without body cameras, and because he did not agree to leave, they beat down the door, and proceeded to beat him to death. Over loud music. Let that sink in. This stuff happens to people of every race and it is infuriating. There are countless other times when we have been given carefully edited video and told to believe something and we all fall for it. People die because of that stuff. Lives are destroyed because of that stuff. We don't find out until much later that the cop was assaulted in Fergusen, etc. But by then people are already infuriated and you can't go back and set the record straight. The damage is done.
Why is saying 'All Lives Matter' wrong? To be told that 'All Lives Matter' is racist frankly hurts us, knowing our family history. My wife's uncle did not deserve to die. He should have been at every family gathering the last several years. And yes, I feel sick for many of our police who are good people. When my son was injured by a daycare provider we were treated very well even though we had to be investigated too. I haven't forgotten their kindness and support. I look at all the destruction in Minneapolis and Washington DC and elsewhere and I feel ill. These businesses and business owners didn't do anything wrong and their lives and businesses will never be made right. Probably no one will ever apologize and at best they will be told they were just unlucky recipients of outrage in a racist world.
I don't even know if the cops were racist. I wanted to see the entire video and the parts I saw sickened me. I know Minneapolis from my time in the Midwest. It's 95% white. A guy like J Alexander Keung was always the minority kid that had to fit in and most people like that don't grow up racist because they have sympathy for being on the wrong side of it.
I hope we can think hard about what a fair trial means and not let the media succeed in destroying our country from the inside.

now that you have had a little time to cool off.

Can you honestly say that if an African American LEO had his knee on the neck of Mr. Floyd that the amount of attention to this case would be as great as it is because it was a white cop?

If you can honestly say the amount of attention would be similar, regardless to the race of the LEO who killed Mr. Floyd, then you have a point. But I don't think you honestly believe that to be true. Therefore it is very much about the race of the police officers involved and about any racism they may have.

I am not concerned with the amount of attention, why that amount of attention is what it is, what motivates that level of attention, or whether that level of attention is appropriate.

I am concerned with right vs wrong.

I agree with your last sentence. ALL lives matter. However for some reason, only one side gets exploited.

I'm white. Am I privileged? Yes because I am fortunate to live in the great country of the United States of America. So is everyone else that does. Are there bad people? Yes of all races and occupations.

My small community in rural fly over who gives a ratsass about (we wear that with pride and are glad others don't like our lifestyle) and church has members who are diverse in ethnicity and are lgbtqxyz. Point being....we are civil to each other! We say hello and ask how they and the family are doing while drinking a coke or another beverage of choice.

Let's get along. Violence isn't the answer.

I don't know if there's any way to prove it is about race. Just an asshole cop who thinks he is a big shot and used excessive force against someone. Were all his other complaints from black people or was this cop just an asshole to everyone?

My wife's uncle was a big, white guy. Friendly to a fault. Had some addiction issues. One day he was playing loud music in his trailer in a trailer park and the neighbor called the police about a noise disturbance. Four officers arrived, without body cameras, and because he did not agree to leave, they beat down the door, and proceeded to beat him to death. Over loud music. Let that sink in. This stuff happens to people of every race and it is infuriating. There are countless other times when we have been given carefully edited video and told to believe something and we all fall for it. People die because of that stuff. Lives are destroyed because of that stuff. We don't find out until much later that the cop was assaulted in Fergusen, etc. But by then people are already infuriated and you can't go back and set the record straight. The damage is done.
Why is saying 'All Lives Matter' wrong? To be told that 'All Lives Matter' is racist frankly hurts us, knowing our family history. My wife's uncle did not deserve to die. He should have been at every family gathering the last several years. And yes, I feel sick for many of our police who are good people. When my son was injured by a daycare provider we were treated very well even though we had to be investigated too. I haven't forgotten their kindness and support. I look at all the destruction in Minneapolis and Washington DC and elsewhere and I feel ill. These businesses and business owners didn't do anything wrong and their lives and businesses will never be made right. Probably no one will ever apologize and at best they will be told they were just unlucky recipients of outrage in a racist world.
I don't even know if the cops were racist. I wanted to see the entire video and the parts I saw sickened me. I know Minneapolis from my time in the Midwest. It's 95% white. A guy like J Alexander Keung was always the minority kid that had to fit in and most people like that don't grow up racist because they have sympathy for being on the wrong side of it.
I hope we can think hard about what a fair trial means and not let the media succeed in destroying our country from the inside.

So your point is: Cops murdered this innocent man that happened to be white, so we shouldn’t be all that alarmed that they murderded a black man on some random day in some random place. Shit happens after all. How do you reconcile that with “All lives matter”? Please explain.

ADVERTISEMENT