ADVERTISEMENT

Its official. NU has a useless Board of Regents!!

Whoever it is, I discount anyone in these positions making speeches claiming "they're all in". That's exactly what Trev claimed only a few short months ago and then he bolted. The verbal claim is for purely political reasons. You'll only really know by their actual actions.

Unfortunately the wrong regent relented and changed his vote due to heat being applied and now we have a mask mandating, jab-loving, Faucci disciple in charge of all three campuses. The liberal regents could care less about holding out because short of South Stadium collapsing, the Athletic Department and facilities don't interest them. Anybody expecting Gold to pursue expanding athletics the same way he expanded the Med Center is going to be sorely disappointed.

Reactions: t7w0c1
Unfortunately the wrong regent relented and changed his vote due to heat being applied and now we have a mask mandating, jab-loving, Faucci disciple in charge of all three campuses. The liberal regents could care less about holding out because short of South Stadium collapsing, the Athletic Department and facilities don't interest them. Anybody expecting Gold to pursue expanding athletics the same way he expanded the Med Center is going to be sorely disappointed.
So the top priority of a University system president with four campuses, 50,000 students and 16000 faculty and staff to govern is replacing the South Stadium?

Well that was my initial thought too

So the top priority of a University system president with four campuses, 50,000 students and 16000 faculty and staff to govern is replacing the South Stadium?

LBremser, I have liked countless of your posts over the last 15 years. Don't expect me to like any more going forward. There is no reason for you to give me shit on this issue without a little more thought.

C’mon man. He’s going to be fine as President. I hope you understand that the president’s duties involve WAY more than NU’s athletics. Just stay the hell out of the way of our AD and he’ll be fine.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Seems like his criticism of the BOR spurred them to finally get some things done.
Seems like it, but the wrath of Husker nation was the only factor here. Pillen has been interfering with his own ignorant views and didn't want criticism coming his way. So he panicked and fired off his statement immediately.

Maybe it's just dumb luck, but Pillen know will be able to claim credit for helping a situation that he actually was making worse.

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
Seems like it, but the wrath of Husker nation was the only factor here. Pillen has been interfering with his own ignorant views and didn't want criticism coming his way. So he panicked and fired off his statement immediately.

Maybe it's just dumb luck, but Pillen know will be able to claim credit for helping a situation that he actually was making worse.
Um no.

Reactions: Laner2

Maybe it's just dumb luck, but Pillen know will be able to claim credit for helping a situation that he actually was making worworsei

I have zero clue about the political scene in Nebraska. I'm sure it's a shit show like everywhere else.

It also seems like things are gonna be just fine and there isn't really a huge issue behind the scenes. Trev decided to leave and that's about

Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but as a public institution, why can't I find agendas and minutes of BOR meetings. Can't see how votes went

Never cared for Alberts or the decision to hand him the AD job. Anxious to see how he fares in an environment where expectations are higher, boosters are more demanding and he's not a local media darling.
Native Iowan ... can't trust them with people or farm animals.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT