ADVERTISEMENT

Its official. NU has a useless Board of Regents!!

I don't know how much former VB Coach Terry Pettit really knows, but probably way more than I do.

"The reports on Twitter today indicate Nebraska AD Trev Alberts is leaving Lincoln for Texas A&M. I have not seen a response from Trev, but I suspect it is likely true. Some people think it is because of money. I do not. He had the opportunity to leave UNO several times for more prestigious institutions that would have tripled his salary. His bump in salary this past year is still less than what the Husker QB will make for the season.

But money is not the reason in my mind. My Twitter response is below. Nebraska still hasn't replaced Ted Carter. Pete Ricketts ran off Ronnie Green, the chancellor who knew more about agriculture in the state than any previous university chancellor or president, and I suspect Governor
Pillen's focus on cutting the funding to the university has directly impacted Trev Albert's decision.

The University doesn't fund athletics, but when the funding to the University is cut, the University has to seek out major donors to continue its mission and that impacts the giving to Nebraska athletics. Coach Ruhle came to Nebraska because of Trev. Trev came to Nebraska because of Ted Carter.

The politics of the last two governors have driven them out. IMO, there is more to come. Title IX never would have passed in today's political climate. In 1972, both Democrats and Republicans believed in the opportunities Title IX would create for women and minorities. That isn't the case today.

Trev Alberts leaving is not just an issue of who the athletic director is at the University of Nebraska. It is an issue about whether or not the State of Nebraska wants a healthy public university."
Pettit's comments were coming off very reasonable until he brought up Title IX. "Title IX never would have passed in today's political climate."

Hahaha, besides that being a terrible take in itself, wtf does that have anything to do with what's going on with Trev?

standard-manual-thmbnl-434x494.jpg

None of this makes sense. There’s got to be something more behind the scenes. It’s not money or that he didn’t get along with the BOR. if it’s that, the he’s an absolute piece of shit.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Y
I don't know how much former VB Coach Terry Pettit really knows, but probably way more than I do.

"The reports on Twitter today indicate Nebraska AD Trev Alberts is leaving Lincoln for Texas A&M. I have not seen a response from Trev, but I suspect it is likely true. Some people think it is because of money. I do not. He had the opportunity to leave UNO several times for more prestigious institutions that would have tripled his salary. His bump in salary this past year is still less than what the Husker QB will make for the season.

But money is not the reason in my mind. My Twitter response is below. Nebraska still hasn't replaced Ted Carter. Pete Ricketts ran off Ronnie Green, the chancellor who knew more about agriculture in the state than any previous university chancellor or president, and I suspect Governor
Pillen's focus on cutting the funding to the university has directly impacted Trev Albert's decision.

The University doesn't fund athletics, but when the funding to the University is cut, the University has to seek out major donors to continue its mission and that impacts the giving to Nebraska athletics. Coach Ruhle came to Nebraska because of Trev. Trev came to Nebraska because of Ted Carter.

The politics of the last two governors have driven them out. IMO, there is more to come. Title IX never would have passed in today's political climate. In 1972, both Democrats and Republicans believed in the opportunities Title IX would create for women and minorities. That isn't the case today.

Trev Alberts leaving is not just an issue of who the athletic director is at the University of Nebraska. It is an issue about whether or not the State of Nebraska wants a healthy public university."
Rhule did not come because of Trev . Maybe Carter.But if you saw Rhules tweet tonight. I don’t think he is going to lose a ton of sleep over this.Rhule is a pro and realizes that people move in this business.

None of this makes sense. There’s got to be something more behind the scenes. It’s not money or that he didn’t get along with the BOR. if it’s that, the he’s an absolute piece of shit.
Sipple said that he heard that Alberts feels that he didn't get enough support regarding the lawsuit filed by Ashely Scoggin. Who knows.

Much of higher education is on fire, and in true form, “our red burns brighter.” The NU system is not well.

Politics is always a factor in these decisions. And it's not just about right wing or left wing, it's more about not having faith behind an empty suit.
You said this is happening because of the governor being right wing and he's sabotaging university. How so?

Last edited:
Reactions: HuskerO and WHCSC

I hope for Trev's sake it is about money, both personally in terms of his salary and in terms of financial support for their athletic department. Because if he thinks aTm is greener pastures outside of money, he's in for a very rude awakening. They have more money than God, they're in the most talent-rich state in the country and they have never won anything.

LOL - a Husker “legend” jumps off the rat infested sinking ship that he helped create

Don’t forget all the “creative” accounting that Tran Alberts orchestrated at Omaha and continued at Neb

The coup de grace for Tran Alberts was funneling 250 million dollars of donor money to simply upgrade the shitters in memorial stadium rather than something that might have actually improved on field
performance

At least there is no chance Rhule leaves since he is horrible and no one in their right mind would hire him - except Tran
Yes, someone saw all the gross incompetence and decided to give him a better job and a lot more money to punish him.

Reactions: WHCSC
We”ll never know the truth behind Trev’s decision but the odd decision to place the campus AD under the system President blew up in the Regents’ faces as the decision was mostly based on Carter’s unique ties to athletics. That decision surely has not aged well.

Reactions: WHCSC
So it would be like me working my job without a boss, boss’ boss, and his boss’ boss. Sounds amazing!
This is my wife's work. It's awesome until they hire under qualified candidates just to fill the positions and then life is miserable for everyone. Basic stuff doesn't get done and then people on the bottom quit from being frustrated.

Regardless of the issues at the university, trev chose to put himself above the program. Really disappointing to see a “husker” abandon the cause. I hope we succeed at resurrecting the program and he doesn’t get to share in that moment. I hope if we fail, he knows he failed his Alma mater. I hope he fails at A&M and can’t get a P5 job again. As much as I don’t want to be small and petty, the idea of one of our own abandoning the university, department, program, state and fanbase at a crucial moment of need makes me sick. I do not wish him the best, as he chose himself over us.
I simply do not understand this kind of venom. He has a perfect right to leave and pursue other opportunities. He owes us nothing. You and I are free to change our situation. Why should he not have the same opportunity ? If you " don't want to be small and petty " , then don't be.

Reactions: Laner2 and JOHNNY N
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT