ADVERTISEMENT

Its official. NU has a useless Board of Regents!!

Have heard now from multiple 7-figure boosters who spend regular time with trev that it was all politics

Not surprised
can you define "politics"?

Politics could mean he's mad at Jim Pillen for cutting University Funding, which will make it harder for Trev to fund raise for athletic projects as the University will be asking for donations from the same donor pool as the athletic department.

Politics could also mean that he's mad at the NU Board of Regents who are slow playing the hiring of a university President, which is having a downstream effect on Trev's ability to drive new initiatives.

Can you expand on that? As in Trev was fighting with the regents?
The regent vote to take over the AD removed the windscreen

He is answering directly to crusty old assholes who know nothing and do not care about operating a successful athletic dept

Great work, everyone

There is a reason I posted that regent vote here last year when it took place. That anyone is taken aback by this is their own ignorant fault

can you define "politics"?

Politics could mean he's mad at Jim Pillen for cutting University Funding, which will make it harder for Trev to fund raise for athletic projects as the University will be asking for donations from the same donor pool as the athletic department.

Politics could also mean that he's mad at the NU Board of Regents who are slow playing the hiring of a university President, which is having a downstream effect on Trev's ability to drive new initiatives.
Both

“Politics” is defined as every leach with their head up their ass who wants their moronic opinion heard and now has a means to speak directly to the AD because they voted themselves in charge

F*ck pillen, f*ck the regents, f*ck every politician and every simpleton who votes for anyone believing they give two shits about them or anyone other than themselves

Oh and f*ck the university & university system that is not long for this world

Athletics should operate entirely independent of anything that touches the public.

Both

“Politics” is defined as every leach with their head up their ass who wants their moronic opinion heard and now has a means to speak directly to the AD because they voted themselves in charge

F*ck pillen, f*ck the regents, f*ck every politician and every simpleton who votes for anyone believing they give two shits about them or anyone other than themselves
Idiots ruining the country I love. Now the University. 😪

My guess is Trev wanted certain things done. Board said no. Trev said if you don't I'm out of here, thinking they'd change their mind. Board called his bluff and forced him out.

Exactly. Doesn’t make any sense does it? It has to be related the recent lawsuit. Timing wise it’s the only thing that makes sense. He’s going to just as screwed up a situation for the same pay so it’s not a better opportunity in any way - people need to stop saying that. Similar political climate so people can stop with that nonsense.
Right, but the lawsuit doesn't go away now. If he was smart he'd stay here and fight it. Burning bridges is going to make it worse for him.

Reactions: HuskerHackFraud
We can find a new AD of good quality. So the loss of Trev does not bother me. Soon he will be an after thought. But it is true that it portends something deeper and that is the sheer incompetence of the leadership at the University and that when we do get good leaders they use the job as a stepping stone to something better and bolt at the first chance. The elephant in the living room therefore is that the reason for why they do not stay is that NU just does not have a lot of prestige and is held in very low regard as an academic institution by most observers. I do not know if this is fair. But I think there is something to it.

For many, NU is viewed as just a slight cut above the University of West Virgina. A jock school. A party school. We are Morgantown on the prairie. This is not accurate but it is how we are viewed. And until we do something to change that we will continue to lose top level administrators to more prestigious schools like Ohio State.

I might be full of shit in all of this. But that is my two cents...

Both

Oh and f*ck the university & university system that is not long for this world

Athletics should operate entirely independent of anything that touches the public.
THIS IS NOT PILLEN'S FAULT.

The regent vote to take over the AD removed the windscreen

He is answering directly to crusty old assholes who know nothing and do not care about operating a successful athletic dept

Great work, everyone

There is a reason I posted that regent vote here last year when it took place. That anyone is taken aback by this is their own ignorant fault
This 100 percent! POTY!

I can’t like this post enough. There will always be random examples of bad journalism, but the damage that has been done to belief in true investigative reporting has hurt us on so many levels.
That 1 person???? Claire????

How many A.D's, President's, Chancellor's and Head Coaches have we been through in 25 years? Seriously? I've lost count. Fvcking dumpster fire needs fixed!!
You're right HBK! Somebody posted @ least we finally got paid on this fvcking one instead of the other way around (4 mil for Trev). I've been up to several bball games this year and the vibe in Lincoln has been the best it has been in hell I can't even remember, this blows big time! Like Trev or not he was getting shite done!

I don't know how much former VB Coach Terry Pettit really knows, but probably way more than I do.

"The reports on Twitter today indicate Nebraska AD Trev Alberts is leaving Lincoln for Texas A&M. I have not seen a response from Trev, but I suspect it is likely true. Some people think it is because of money. I do not. He had the opportunity to leave UNO several times for more prestigious institutions that would have tripled his salary. His bump in salary this past year is still less than what the Husker QB will make for the season.

But money is not the reason in my mind. My Twitter response is below. Nebraska still hasn't replaced Ted Carter. Pete Ricketts ran off Ronnie Green, the chancellor who knew more about agriculture in the state than any previous university chancellor or president, and I suspect Governor
Pillen's focus on cutting the funding to the university has directly impacted Trev Albert's decision.

The University doesn't fund athletics, but when the funding to the University is cut, the University has to seek out major donors to continue its mission and that impacts the giving to Nebraska athletics. Coach Ruhle came to Nebraska because of Trev. Trev came to Nebraska because of Ted Carter.

The politics of the last two governors have driven them out. IMO, there is more to come. Title IX never would have passed in today's political climate. In 1972, both Democrats and Republicans believed in the opportunities Title IX would create for women and minorities. That isn't the case today.

Trev Alberts leaving is not just an issue of who the athletic director is at the University of Nebraska. It is an issue about whether or not the State of Nebraska wants a healthy public university."
I agree with the meddling, but Texas A&M is known for political meddling even more than Nebraska.

I've known Jim Pillen since the early 80s. You might not agree with his political stances but he is far from a "dipshit", He's an extremely bright man and extremely successful businessman. A skilled politician maybe no to so much but he's very intelligent. We all get frustrated by "politicians" and then wonder why sometimes things blow up in a non-politician's face when we elect them to office.

@dinglefritz I couldn't care less about his or anybody's politics

Nebraska is a football-first state. literally everything else is secondary.

the governor - just like all other elected officials - should have nothing to do directly with the athletic dept

THIS IS NOT PILLEN'S FAULT.
it will be if these morons listen to him and "act now" instead of dealing with the crux of the problem without reflection on why we're here in the first place. that's exactly how history gets repeated.

and I don't really care that blockhead trev left. I care that this now looks like the least enticing job on the planet.

here is the initial thread on the vote.

nobody cared then.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
this is the wrong question

the correct one is does he have to deal with them directly at all, and the answer is no.
Buy they are still his bosses. Maybe not his direct supervisor but if they want something done he has to do it.

Buy they are still his bosses. Maybe not his direct supervisor but if they want something done he has to do it.
he will have at least one layer of leadership protecting him from having to do their direct bidding and negotiating on the dept's behalf

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT