ADVERTISEMENT

Its official. NU has a useless Board of Regents!!

Trev isn't a loss at all, but his decision to leave and make a lateral move is just one more sign of the major dysfunction at every leadership level in this state. I'd like to look at moving out of this state, because besides family, there's nothing keeping me here.

It's a shit show. Major political interference is not helping by the way.
You have two posts on this thread referring to "political" and "politics". Can you please expand on what you mean? Are you implying politics had something to do with the University President job not being filled for 6 months? Do you mean Red/Blue politics, or politics within the department. And are you guessing, or have you heard something?

Reactions: BrighteRed24
Never cared for Alberts or the decision to hand him the AD job. Anxious to see how he fares in an environment where expectations are higher, boosters are more demanding and he's not a local media darling.
There has been somewhat of a pattern within Trev's employment history. It can be summed up in one word and one that I firmly believe played a roll in his departure....Ego.

Not sure how to feel about this yet, as Trev’s tenure wasn’t exactly a clear indication of future success. It wasn’t till this year that MBB had a winning record, and who knows what will happen this fall with FB. However, he was far from an incompetent AD, and if rumors are true can you blame him for skipping town if the BOR is standing in the progress of the athletic program he wants to build?

Stepping back and trying to look at this objectively it doesn’t seem that there is a commitment/priority to excel at athletics at NU( mainly football the bread winner) for quite some time. The last three ADs failed to help NU’s football program win on the field, which makes you question if it goes beyond just the ADs and coaches?

There has been somewhat of a pattern within Trev's employment history. It can be summed up in one word and one that I firmly believe played a roll in his departure....Ego.
I don’t know him well enough to speak to his ego, but this was a purely selfish move. And the fact that NO ONE in the department knew, everyone was blindsided and this goes against everything he has ever said about being a leader and work…it’s a low character move. Pure abandonment of his Alma mater, department, coaches, players and stated beliefs at the drop of a hat because he saw an opportunity for himself.

Not sure how to feel about this yet, as Trev’s tenure wasn’t exactly a clear indication of future success. It wasn’t till this year that MBB had a winning record, and who knows what will happen this fall with FB. However, he was far from an incompetent AD, and if rumors are true can you blame him for skipping town if the BOR is standing in the progress of the athletic program he wants to build?

Stepping back and trying to look at this objectively it doesn’t seem that there is a commitment/priority to excel at athletics at NU( mainly football the bread winner) for quite some time. The last three ADs failed to help NU’s football program win on the field, which makes you question if it goes beyond just the ADs and coaches?
This is a good discussion and it will now be brought to the forefront and pressure applied to the responsible party.

They are bringing in so much cash that now is the time to strike with regard to best in class facilities

I don’t know him well enough to speak to his ego, but this was a purely selfish move. And the fact that NO ONE in the department knew, everyone was blindsided and this goes against everything he has ever said about being a leader and work…it’s a low character move. Pure abandonment of his Alma mater, department, coaches, players and stated beliefs at the drop of a hat because he saw an opportunity for himself.
That’s generally how it works. We don’t know what the environment was like behind the scenes, and for how long. I tend to agree though. I feel like Trev is talking out of both sides of his mouth.

Feel to much of the administration left too much up to him with no help from anyone that has any authority..

He just threw up his hands and said I’m done without any authority from the University.

What’s taking so long to get a president and chancellor?

Reactions: BrighteRed24
This is a good discussion and it will now be brought to the forefront and pressure applied to the responsible party.

They are bringing in so much cash that now is the time to strike with regard to best in class facilities
That’s just it, as I do not understand biting the mouth that feeds. NU is one of the most financially responsible athletic departments in the country and does not have to rely on state funds to operate. NU’s financial success also flows back into academics as most years they donate millions back to the University.

Point being, an investment into athletics at NU is an investment into academics.

It must have been pretty bad for Trev to leave. I would love to hear his side of the story. Maybe more comes out in the next few weeks, but I do think this is a big setback…just my gut feeling. Hope I’m wrong.

It must have been pretty bad for Trev to leave. I would love to hear his side of the story. Maybe more comes out in the next few weeks, but I do think this is a big setback…just my gut feeling. Hope I’m wrong.
Then why give the interview that you love everything and sign an extension? Low- quality guy imo. Probably enjoyed eliminating uno football program and crushing kids .

It's not the governor. Did anyone on here listen to the last governor's call in show??

I'll wait for someone to hold their hand up

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Then why give the interview that you love everything and sign an extension? Low- quality guy imo. Probably enjoyed eliminating uno football program and crushing kids .
Maybe it WAS ok then. Low quality guy? I would disagree based on what I observed from afar. I’ll wait to judge until there is more info….

due-our-tight-fiscal-situation-s1.jpg

Benedict Alberts is the only one sabotaging anything. Dude singed a lucrative extension then went shopping around. Low character guy.. good riddance
Sounds like we'll be better off and can cease all the hand wringing.

You have two posts on this thread referring to "political" and "politics". Can you please expand on what you mean? Are you implying politics had something to do with the University President job not being filled for 6 months? Do you mean Red/Blue politics, or politics within the department. And are you guessing, or have you heard something?
All of the above. There’s blame that can be spread around. I just think that the situation is toxic and undesirable to outsiders. Am I wrong?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT