ADVERTISEMENT

Is Casey gone?

bob5150

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 30, 2004
Casey walking on senior day, do you think he's done playing ball after next week or transferring again? He hasn't been better than AM, but he's obviously the only D1 quarterback on the roster at present.

Reactions: TheNewNU
Casey walking on senior day, do you think he's done playing ball after next week or transferring again? He hasn't been better than AM, but he's obviously the only D1 quarterback on the roster at present.
We'd be fine with another transfer. Casey is a placeholder, not a guy you build your program around. He's not big, he's not fast, he doesn't have a strong arm and he's not a great decision maker and he holds the ball too long. He is pretty accurate with his throws though.

Mickey said to not read to much in to who walked. Said some of those guys will be back

Reactions: BleedRed78
I think it all matters what happens with the staff. He said in the locker room show he looks forward to playing with Trey for a while, but they will have to wait and see what happens before making any decisions.

Reactions: BuckysBoys1
I think it all matters what happens with the staff. He said in the locker room show he looks forward to playing with Trey for a while, but they will have to wait and see what happens before making any decisions.
I can't see him staying if Monken is hired.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Would like to keep him, but there will no doubt be a philosophy change, and he likely won’t hang around for it if it differs dramatically from Whips. Peace out. The overall change is worth losing some talent.

He needs us and we need him. I think he's back if he decides to keep playing football. He has been good, not great, and other programs are not going to roll out the NIL carpet for him IMO. But I hope he comes back, we shoukd all be hoping that....I woukd also like to see another QB added, a lot.

Have many good connections at ESPN. Very blessed to have been apart of such a great nationwide network.
Lying Simon Rex GIF by Simon Rex / Dirt Nasty

I'd be curious to see what CT could do with a good line and running game to help him out. I'd be ok with him staying. That said, my hunch is that he's not elite, even if we get him some help.

I'm more concerned if he does leave, because absolutely no way can we have Purdy as our starter next year. He's not D1 talent.

That being said, in either case with CT, I'm mostly interested on who we can find to come in that would be better. With the right coach and support, we could at least win the West with CT I think. Assuming said new coach can bring in a lot of new talent.

How do we have talent get excited to come to NU? Getting a hire like Rhule, who is coming off failure, doesn't generate excitement like hiring a coach coming from success.

We need big NIL help.

Where is he going to go? he isn't going to the NFL, so why not stay in college a little longer. I understand if Mickey stays then it is probably easier for him to stay, but at this point transferring to some other lesser program isn't going to change his future.

I think he only leaves if MJ isn't retained by next coach or if Trev hires Monken...

Well I heard non stop about how Mickey's awesome recruiting was gonna pay, and welp, they've really done F all to move the bar.
Injured, drops, etc.
If they were really game changers they'd have at least got us one extra win. Today was pathetic.

Reactions: tarheelhusker
Well I heard non stop about how Mickey's awesome recruiting was gonna pay, and welp, they've really done F all to move the bar.
Injured, drops, etc.
If they were really game changers they'd have at least got us one extra win. Today was pathetic.
Well mickey really hasn't brought in too much. This will be his first true recruiting cycle ao his results aren't here yet except for bringing in Palmer. Without him we lose even more games I guess

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT