ADVERTISEMENT

Is a 5th year automatic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give us a f'n name know it all. Frost was called a home run hire by every single national analyst I watched or listened to. Give us a name or STFU.
Give me a name of a worse coach than Frost and anyone you cant name is your list smart guy Laughing The list is LONG.

No way! Losing coaches getting run down on an internet mesaage board? Deal with it, you should be used to it after 10 years here lol. And I get banned a lot because of weak people like you that get their feelings hurt and cry. And nobody cares who you've seen on here, who are you again?
Losers run down a young coach trying to rebuild a program the right way. You're a loser. Give us a name.

When you follow the hire of Smiling Riley you have to make exceptions ... You don’t hire a Pac-12 coach to a physical Big 10 conference....
What about an AAC coach with a soft, gimicky offense? And Riley has a better career record than Frost lol

Losers run down a young coach trying to rebuild a program the right way. You're a loser. Give us a name.
GiVe Me A nAmE Laughing Get this, we here on the RSS wont make the hire, there are people whos job it is to do that and it will not be hard to find a coach better than 12-20 with no meaningful wins in 3 years. Next question please, I can do this all night boys.

Most coaches that start out 12-20 get fired. He hasnt shown much for the "gained experience"
Most anythings aren't fired three years into a five year process especially when they have the support of their boss, their bosses boss, their bosses bosses boss and were instrumental in raising the funds for a $155MM expansion that broke ground recently, but whatever.

You're a simple guy. A wins and losses guy. I don't want to bore you with process-centric talk. You're the kind of man who pays for what you can get for free, a guy who lives on the edge, a guy who knows things are changing when the scoreboard says it and not a minute sooner, and I can respect that.

Last edited:
Riley never coached an undefeated team to a bowl victory over a top 10 SEC team. Give us a name that you would hire or STFU.
GiVe Me A nAmE Laughing How about Tom Allen? Theres a name. Unless Frost has taken us to absolute rock bottom and we have no shot at freakin INDIANAS head coach.

GiVe Me A nAmE Laughing How about Tom Allen? Theres a name. Unless Frost has taken us to absolute rock bottom and we have no shot at freakin INDIANAS head coach.
Tom Allen is taken and he isn't coming to NU. Try again. He got 4.9 Million/year for 7 years. Let's see what his hire looks like 2 years from now.

Reactions: scarletred
Most anythings aren't fired three years into a five year process especially when they have the support of their boss, their bosses boss, their bosses bosses boss and were instrumental in raising the funds for a $155MM expansion that broke ground recently, but whatever.

You're a simple guy. A wins and losses guy. I don't want to bore you with process-centric talk. You're the kind of man who pays for what you can get for free, a guy who lives on the edge, a guy who knows things are changing when the scoreboard says it and not a minute sooner,and I admire can respect that.

Never thought Nebraska fans would be ok with 3 straight losing seasons much less 4 or 5. That tells me everything I need to know about where the fans are much less the coach.

Reactions: Vito Corleone
Tom Allen is taken and he isn't coming to NU. Try again. He got 4.9 Million/year for 7 years. Let's see what his hire looks like 2 years from now.
Shouldve hired him but we will be able to find someone who can do better than 12-20Laughing I promise you that out of 200 and something FBS and FCS coaches theres someone(actually literally dozens) better than Frost. Cant believe you dont know this lol

Never thought Nebraska fans would be ok with 3 straight losing seasons much less 4 or 5. That tells me everything I need to know about where the fans are much less the coach.
NOBODY is f'ing "okay with 3 losing seasons". Nobody from the AD all the way down to the youngest boy scout ushering at Memorial Stadium. People who have a clue realize though that this was a bigger rebuild than most of us thought. You have to admit that they've rebuilt what was a horrendous defense from a personnel and execution stand point. I think we're now at the point where we've made a ton of progress on the offensive roster (QB?) now its time to follow it up with exectuion on game day. Multiple former Huskers said 5 years to fix the roster. 5 f'n years. Nobody likes the losing. Most fans IMO though think they're close.

Shouldve hired him but we will be able to find someone who can do better than 12-20Laughing I promise you that out of 200 and something FBS and FCS coaches theres someone(actually literally dozens) better than Frost. Cant believe you dont know this lol
I have no doubt that lots of guys could come in and win with the roster Frost has built. That's why I'm also confident that Frost is going to win this year and shut people like you up.

Who‘s happy...
I dont care if the head coach is my only brother. 4 straight losing seasons and you are DONE. Why do we excuse losing? If you lose more than you win for four straight years, YOU SUCKED and deserve to be fired. PERIOD.

God I hope he turns this ship around so we can stop saying Illinois and Northwestern are tough and start thinking OSU is tough.

I dont care if the head coach is my only brother. 4 straight losing seasons and you are DONE. Why do we excuse losing. If you lose more than you win for four straight years, YOU SUCKED and deserve to be fired. PERIOD.

God I hope he turns this ship around so we can stop saying Illinois and Northwestern are tough and start thinking OSU is tough.

woow hombre we haven’t even started fall camp practices yet and you already have it market down as a 4th losing season...

Back up a spell..

I dont care if the head coach is my only brother. 4 straight losing seasons and you are DONE. Why do we excuse losing. If you lose more than you win for four straight years, YOU SUCKED and deserve to be fired. PERIOD.

NOBODY is excusing it. Some of us are taking a long term view of things IMO. Some of us think that firing Frost just when he's gotten his roster in order would be a foolish thing to do.

I have no doubt that lots of guys could come in and win with the roster Frost has built. That's why I'm also confident that Frost is going to win this year and shut people like you up.

You mean the roster with the equivalent of AN ENTIRE RECRUITING CLASS of his that has transfered? His recruits,not Rileys. The one with a QB about to break the world record for turnovers, not a single RB we know we can count on, and NO proven receivers? Try again bud.

I dont care if the head coach is my only brother. 4 straight losing seasons and you are DONE. Why do we excuse losing? If you lose more than you win for four straight years, YOU SUCKED and deserve to be fired. PERIOD.

Northwestern used to beat Pelini, has won the division two of the last three years, had two 1st round picks in the 2021 NFL Draft, has the best facilities in the conference, is an extremely prestigious academic institution, and is located just outside one of the best cities in the country...not to mention Pat Fitzgerald.

Yeah, Northwestern is tough.

Last edited:
Reactions: dinglefritz

You mean the roster with the equivalent of AN ENTIRE RECRUITING CLASS of his that has transfered? His recruits,not Rileys. The one with a QB about to break the world record for turnovers, not a single RB we know we can count on, and NO proven receivers? Try again bud.
I'm not your bud. Try again. World record for turnovers. LOL. Martin and Liewer proved a lot to me last year. Marvin Scott looked good when he wasn't down with COVID. We'll be fine. Oh and please don't use the word "we" when referring to the Huskers. You don't deserve to use that term.

Go and play touch football with the previous staff if you like it better ..That is what has taken time unfortunately..
I’ll admit his special teams have sucked but the lines are no longer getting pushed around like with Riley’s staff..

375ee0ba2070a354ef7fff843be84d6e.gif

Go and play touch football with the previous staff if you like it better ..That is what has taken time unfortunately..
I’ll admit his special teams have sucked but the lines are no longer getting pushed around like with Riley’s staff..
Again he inherited Riley pussy foot Pac12 style that has taken a new regime to change..

You realize most of the current HC's experience came in the PAC 12 right?

Well he did have a 235 pound future NFL RB that he coached at Oregon. What the hell was that guy's name? I can still picture Frost picking him up by the waist and carrying him off the field when he got in that scuffle after a game. Oregon's teams though had an accurate passer at QB and multiple guys who could take it 80 yards if they got a crease. I would take that but I'm not sure Oregon's O line back then would fare all that well in the B1G right now.

Well he did have a 235 pound future NFL RB that he coached at Oregon. What the hell was that guy's name? I can still picture Frost picking him up by the waist and carrying him off the field when he got in that scuffle after a game. Oregon's teams though had an accurate passer at QB and multiple guys who could take it 80 yards if they got a crease. I would take that but I'm not sure Oregon's O line back then would fare all that well in the B1G right now.

What's with all the excuses? These are all his guys now. Let's hope Frost can figure out his way to .500 ball.

What's with all the excuses? These are all his guys now. Let's hope Frost can figure out his way to .500 ball.
Not true because there are still Riley recruits on the roster (good ones, too).

Next year it will be all of his guys and the year after that it will be all of his guys that he didn't recruit in 8 weeks while working 75 hours a week in central Florida. Excuses, I know. Also true, but you can call them excuses.

Last edited:
Reactions: dinglefritz

Next year it will be all of his guys and the year after that it will be all of his guys that he didn't recruit in 8 weeks while working 75 hours a week in south Florida. Excuses, I know. Also true, but you can call them excuses.

Look. I'm not going to endlessly bash Frost. I want him to win. But he has to do just that. Win. He's underperformed with what he's got. Enough of the blaming Riley. He's lost games he should have won. It's year 4 and I'm tired of the excuses.

What excuses? The fact that he mostly has his guys now has kind of been my point in all this. I probably follow the recruiting and roster way too closely but look at what has happened on defense and at the depth at WR and RB this past year. We've got a couple of the highest ranked OTs we've had in a while going to start for us as pseudofreshmen this fall. We have one of the most athletically gifted guys at center we've had in maybe the past 8-10 years. Guards? We'll see. I'm juiced about the guys we've recruited. That first class was a bust but they've continued to recruit over the guys on the roster. QB is my first concern. I'm excited by this team this fall and I refuse to be drug down by all of the people who have quit on this staff and team.

I'm not your bud. Try again. World record for turnovers. LOL. Martin and Liewer proved a lot to me last year. Marvin Scott looked good when he wasn't down with COVID. We'll be fine. Oh and please don't use the word "we" when referring to the Huskers. You don't deserve to use that term.
Alright guys we've argued enough and posted the same things all night lol. I know I look at things from a negative viewpoint, but its hard not too after following this team since the late 80s and going through the last 20 years. I hope to god I am wrong about Frost,honestly. Truce for now, we've argued enough lol. And if I am right I wont gloat about it on here and If im wrong ill gladly eat all the crow you serve me. And I dont want to be sent to Chile for another LONG vacation again. Im on thin ice with the mods as is, my next vacation may be permanent lol.

Of course, but he also knew walking in the facility that winter that he seen how far behind we were in strength and conditioning, he even mentioned it after the season ending loss to Ioway that we need to get bigger and stronger and they have recruited much bigger players than the previous staff..

How many wins did Riley‘s Beavers have beating Oregon when SF was a assistant?

Of course, but he also knew walking in the facility that winter that he seen how far behind we were in strength and conditioning, he even mentioned it after the season ending loss to Ioway that we need to get bigger and stronger and they have recruited much bigger players than the previous staff..

How many wins did Riley‘s Beavers have beating Oregon when SF was a assistant?
So the PAC 12 is soft or just that one team? The pac 12 plays touch football or just that one team? You are the one that used those generalities in describing the entirety of Pac 12 football. I was just pointing out a fact about where the current head coach gained his experience. Now your wanting to compare Oregon St to Oregon? Keep moving the goal posts.

Next year it will be all of his guys and the year after that it will be all of his guys that he didn't recruit in 8 weeks while working 75 hours a week in south Florida. Excuses, I know. Also true, but you can call them excuses.
There are probably less than 10 guys on the roster that weren’t recruited and signed by Frost. Domann and Dismuke from 2016 class are only on the roster because of Covid.

The fact that Frost and Co haven’t recruited over those 10 guys is 100% an excuse.

So are you saying that if Frost didn’t have those Riley players still on his team then the W-L record would be even worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT