ADVERTISEMENT

Is a 5th year automatic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have never stated what team you are a fan of - even when asked. Is that accurate?
Yeah it definately takes someone to be a fan of another team to think this program is a dumpster fire lol. Or just anyone with eyes. Man, that Rutgers game, combined with the usual off season hype has you guys seriously off kilter.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
Yeah it definately takes someone to be a fan of another team to think this program is a dumpster fire lol. Or just anyone with eyes. Man, that Rutgers game, combined with the usual off season hype has you guys seriously off kilter.
None of us are defending the program at this point. We're just calling a troll from another fan base a troll from another fan base.

Sure but that more than likely changes this upcoming year.

Hoops probably makes the dance
FB makes a bowl

So, what then? What do you want to complain about then?
What would you lead you to believe that the worst basketball team in the big 10 is going to the dance this year? Because we signed one really big recruit?

What would you lead you to believe that the worst basketball team in the big 10 is going to the dance this year? Because we signed one really big recruit?
More because of what is happening with other teams in the conference. MSU and Purdue should be really good. Michigan will be up there, after that it is sort of a jumble with NW, PSU and Iowa that are really going to suck.

Why do you guys always need a thousand words of wishful thinking to defend this coaching staff? Laughing All we say is: this staff is not getting it done, AS PROVEN ON THE FIELD. 12-20. And we are the worst athletic program in the P5(who is worse?) Thats it. Thats all.
Gee I don't know. Maybe we defend the staff becaues assholes like you keep coming on this board stirring the pot. Is your team's coaching staff "getting it done"? You and your lover need to stay on your own board. What kind of a sick person feels the need to venture on to another team's message board. You both need help.

Reactions: scarletred
One or two players can make a big difference on a basketball team. Fred's team played better at the end of the year it appeared and Fred added more than one really good player to his team. At this point we at least have hope that they'll be better. IF I were a fan of some of those teams who lost marquee players to the NBA, I would be concerned because nobody knows for sure what they'll be by the time November rolls around.

Tuco, here is the reason why U don’t confront him on this subject, but yet support him..
I don’t confront him.

I sometimes like his posts because they are, for the most part, truthful when it comes to Nebraska athletics.

if you consider that supporting, then so be it.

I have no idea if he is a Nebraska fan or not. What I do know is that he doesn’t come on a Nebraska board and talk ad nauseam about another team on this board.

until Nebraska athletics are successful again, we have to deal with this stuff. Either whine and bitch or accept, your choice.

Gee I don't know. Maybe we defend the staff becaues assholes like you keep coming on this board stirring the pot. Is your team's coaching staff "getting it done"? You and your lover need to stay on your own board. What kind of a sick person feels the need to venture on to another team's message board. You both need help.
Ive been on this board 20 years buddy. If people that base their opinions on REALITY bug you, then you need help.

I don’t confront him.

I sometimes like his posts because they are, for the most part, truthful when it comes to Nebraska athletics.

I have no idea if he is a Nebraska fan or not. What I do know is that he doesn’t come on a Nebraska board and talk ad nauseam about another team on this board.

until Nebraska athletics are successful again, we have to deal with this stuff. Either whine and bitch or accept, your choice.
Are those really the only two options? I am pretty sure I can not accept it AND not whine and bitch.

Some people just choose not to wallow in failure and bitch and moan about everything. It is OK to try to see positives in really crappy situations. It is OK to have hope that things might change. You can do all of those things while still realizing we suck.

I just don't get that brining something positive automatically means a person has their head buried in the sand.

We have all been in really bad situations. In life, at work, pretty much anywhere. I have yet to see where bitching and whining has improved a situation. Or where ignoring everything bad has made them go away.

Some people take this board way to serious. Not meaning you, BTW. People take this crap way to personal.

Why can't we just talk football - the good, the bad, the ugly - without either being all in homers or jaded angry everything sucks.

People are weird.

Ive been on this board 20 years buddy. If people that base their opinions on REALITY bug you, then you need help.

Everyone perception of reality is a bit different. Everyone knows that football and basketball have been poor and absolutely bottom of barrel for BCS performance in the past. Basing your opinions on "reality" does not necessarily mean you still think the teams will suck in the future because they have sucked in the past if variables are changing.

Basketball (this one is easy)

- Two extremely high level recruits who are basically Freshman (McGowens and Edwards)
- Sprinkle in 3 more top 150 guys for good measure
- Legit Big Ten size with some experience
- Will no longer need to start/play anybody that is Big Ten uncompetitive like we have past two years
- Coach who has a Sweet 16 and two round of 32 and four overall tourney appearances in his five years at ISU
- Roster revamp that looks similar to ISU, although a year longer.

Most of the folks I talks sports with who aren't Nebraska fans and know situation believe it is an almost a certainty the basketball will be good in the next two years. I am a slightly more pessimistic being a Nebraska Basketball fan who feels cursed but still have very high expectations.

Football (this is more of a stretch but not out of realm of legit possibility)

- Head coach with multiple top ten offenses as coordinator
- Head coach that has been a national coach of year, with undefeated team that lead D-1 football in points, went undefeated and beat a once beaten SEC team. Took that team from zero wins to 12 in couple years.
- Offensive success at Nebraska with AM where team averaged 37 PPG in his last 7 games (all one possession) in his first year in 2018 which was only year overall offensive talent was not in bottom Quarter of league until 2021
- Current offensive roster expected starters and contributors higher RR than any West team with massive upgrade at both WR and O-line for 2021 compared to what Nebraska has been rolling out last couple of years.

Both coaches took over absolutely crappy situations in a tough and well established conference with tough well established coaching and have struggled. The programs have absolutely stunk it up of this period. However, both situations outcomes are very far from written in stone at this point as some of the "realists" claim.

As for the JBL thing. Dude is a Sociopathic non Nebraska fan that gets off on trolling passionate fans whose team have absolutely been hot garbage lately. It wouldn't suprise me if he visits the cancer ward after posting on this board to let the patients know just how bad that prognosis is. This is wholly different than real fans (such as yourself) that are just tired of the crap and aren't interested in looking for real or perceived reasons for optimism until they actually happen. I completely get that and felt that way while Riley was here. Not there yet with either of these coaches.

Reactions: ADV1 and bigboxes
I don’t confront him.

He isn’t a Husker fan.. This part your not understanding....

No he doesn’t post about any other school but negative Nebraska stuff..When asked who he / she is a fan of he/ she avoids the question like the plague and changes narratives..

Everyone perception of reality is a bit different. Everyone knows that football and basketball have been poor and absolutely bottom of barrel for BCS performance in the past. Basing your opinions on "reality" does not necessarily mean you still think the teams will suck in the future because they have sucked in the past if variables are changing.

Basketball (this one is easy)

- Two extremely high level recruits who are basically Freshman (McGowens and Edwards)
- Sprinkle in 3 more top 150 guys for good measure
- Legit Big Ten size with some experience
- Will no longer need to start/play anybody that is Big Ten uncompetitive like we have past two years
- Coach who has a Sweet 16 and two round of 32 and four overall tourney appearances in his five years at ISU
- Roster revamp that looks similar to ISU, although a year longer.

Most of the folks I talks sports with who aren't Nebraska fans and know situation believe it is an almost a certainty the basketball will be good in the next two years. I am a slightly more pessimistic being a Nebraska Basketball fan who feels cursed but still have very high expectations.

Football (this is more of a stretch but not out of realm of legit possibility)

- Head coach with multiple top ten offenses as coordinator
- Head coach that has been a national coach of year, with undefeated team that lead D-1 football in points, went undefeated and beat a once beaten SEC team. Took that team from zero wins to 12 in couple years.
- Offensive success at Nebraska with AM where team averaged 37 PPG in his last 7 games (all one possession) in his first year in 2018 which was only year overall offensive talent was not in bottom Quarter of league until 2021
- Current offensive roster expected starters and contributors higher RR than any West team with massive upgrade at both WR and O-line for 2021 compared to what Nebraska has been rolling out last couple of years.

Both coaches took over absolutely crappy situations in a tough and well established conference with tough well established coaching and have struggled. The programs have absolutely stunk it up of this period. However, both situations outcomes are very far from written in stone at this point as some of the "realists" claim.

As for the JBL thing. Dude is a Sociopathic non Nebraska fan that gets off on trolling passionate fans whose team have absolutely been hot garbage lately. It wouldn't suprise me if he visits the cancer ward after posting on this board to let the patients know just how bad that prognosis is. This is wholly different than real fans (such as yourself) that are just tired of the crap and aren't interested in looking for real or perceived reasons for optimism until they actually happen. I completely get that and felt that way while Riley was here. Not there yet with either of these coaches.
Oh wow another 1,000 word essay full of excuses for this staff Laughing All of it based on wishful thinking(you said yourself it is far fetched) and illogical conclusions based on what your eyes should tell you. The "crappy situation" excuse is the worst. GOOD COACHES MAKE ANY TEAM BETTER,PERIOD. Freakin Indiana,100% a basketball school, is already better(and better than us)under Tom Allen. No need to even mention Iowa St, who would beat us by at least 3 TDs right now.

Oh wow another 1,000 word essay full of excuses for this staff Laughing All of it based on wishful thinking(you said yourself it is far fetched) and illogical conclusions based on what your eyes should tell you. The "crappy situation" excuse is the worst. GOOD COACHES MAKE ANY TEAM BETTER,PERIOD. Freakin Indiana,100% a basketball school, is already better(and better than us)under Tom Allen. No need to even mention Iowa St, who would beat us by at least 3 TDs right now.

-He went to Tourney 4 of 5 years at ISU with a sweet 16 and two round of 32
-The roster rebuild at Nebraska looks earily similiar but with an extra year to get it done
-Yet, according to you its illogical to expect basketball success. I would argue it is illogical not to expect success.

He isn’t a Husker fan.. This part your not understanding....

No he doesn’t post about any other school but negative Nebraska stuff..When asked who he / she is a fan of he/ she avoids the question like the plague and changes narratives..
I don’t care if he is a Nebraska fan. That is the part you don’t understand.

you called me out, I told you why I read his posts. If you don’t want to read or respond to him then don’t read and respond. I will do what I want to do.

For Fvck Sake.

Reactions: Vito Corleone
-He went to Tourney 4 of 5 years at ISU with a sweet 16 and two round of 32
-The roster rebuild at Nebraska looks earily similiar but with an extra year to get it done
-Yet, according to you its illogical to expect basketball success. I would argue it is illogical not to expect success.
No one GAF about basketball, Im talking about football.

I think the ignore feature works on your end too.
Oh I promise you it does, the stage we're at now is I don't see the original posts calling JLB whatever they call him, I just see the ensuing debate between other posters about whether that's true and if people should be allowed to speak his name without forfeiting their claim to like NU athletics.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
I don’t care if he is a Nebraska fan. That is the part you don’t understand.

you called me out, I told you why I read his posts. If you don’t want to read or respond to him then don’t read and respond. I will do what I want to do.

For Fvck Sake.

“ We all Stick together in all kinds of weather at dear old Nebraska U”

The person you defend doesn’t want or care to stick together in all kinds of weather..

You wouldn’t be here if you didn’t want to stick together in all kinds of weather!

Upon the Frost hire, I was committing to Frost for 5 years minimum. I now believe that he needs to bring us back to a winning season (above .500) to come back for year 5. Is the general consensus that he can have a 4th losing season and make it to year 5?
Yes!

Reactions: hedonistimpulse

The person you defend doesn’t want or care to stick together in all kinds of weather..

You wouldn’t be here if you didn’t want to stick together in all kinds of weather!
For the love of all things holy. It is a lyric to a song, not a creed for a message board. Are the girls still the fairest and the boys the squarest as well.

Ok, his political opinions aside, what is there positive to talk about in regards to our athletic dept? We may literally be the worst school in the P5 in terms of athletics.

Baseball, Volleyball and maybe we'll be competitive in basketball next year. Hoiberg certainly has it pointed in the right direction. He has stated his opinion on wins for the football team. He's raised money for the new complex. You serious Clark. You can only hire the best available. He's done that. What do you want?

• Love
Reactions: dinglefritz
Why do you guys always need a thousand words of wishful thinking to defend this coaching staff? Laughing All we say is: this staff is not getting it done, AS PROVEN ON THE FIELD. 12-20. And we are the worst athletic program in the P5(who is worse?) Thats it. Thats all.

Who are you going to hire? There is a consequence to decisions. It's not a decision within a vacuum. Who's next?

Who are you going to hire? There is a consequence to decisions. It's not a decision within a vacuum. Who's next?
Let's not even factor in the 3rd transition recruiting class and the lost talent due to probable transfers from another coaching change in the last 10 years (which are HUGE factors), but regardless of who Nebraska throws mass amounts of money and gets to come to Lincoln....who stays if he actually wins in Lincoln?

I would love for anyone to provide a list of coaches they believe would come to Lincoln, put NU over the top, and actually stay when inevitably courted to greener pastures. The only guy I could throw out as a maybe is Zac Taylor and he's from Norman, OK so if/when Lincoln Riley goes pro no NU fan would feel confident about him sticking around.

Reactions: dinglefritz
For the love of all things holy. It is a lyric to a song, not a creed for a message board. Are the girls still the fairest and the boys the squarest as well.
If you want to go there be my guest..
I’ve made my point..

Go celebrate with your new friend.Winking

Like I said, ride or die - Nebraska/ Scott Frost

Lol, it's not that extreme, but I would like to see him given more time.But, but... Yea, I know.

It's a new era. You guys want to talk about the championship teams, but the link is broke. It's not there. Frost is starting over. From what, 40 or more years of sustained success? That has little bearing on our current team. Fire him after he has gained experience. Dumb.

Meh.

Lol, it's not that extreme, but I would like to see him given more time.But, but... Yea, I know.

It's a new era. You guys want to talk about the championship teams, but the link is broke. It's not there. Frost is starting over. From what, 40 or more years of sustained success? That has little bearing on our current team. Fire him after he has gained experience. Dumb.

Meh.

Not to mention he had to endure Eichorst hire of a coach who had no business being hired after Pelini..

Reactions: bshirt73
Twisted people who feel the need to go on opposing fan base's message boards to post negative things bug me. Get a life. I come here to get current news about Husker sports and communicate with actual Husker fans not trolls from other teams.

Twisted people who feel the need to go on opposing fan base's message boards to post negative things bug me. Get a life. I come here to get current news about Husker sports and communicate with actual Husker fans not trolls from other teams.
Again Im as big a husker fan as anybody lol. Ive been on here for TWENTY years. The current news is this coaching staff is a failure so far. Nice defensive maneuver you have there labeling anyone with anything negative to say an "opposing fan". Get a life in reality pal.

True confession. I ...... have .....actually .....liked.....ONE of jlb's posts in the past. IF I remember correctly it really didn't have anything to do with Husker sports. He's one of those guys though that will cherry pick a subset of statistics or information to make his case without relevant context. His sole purpose in life seems to be to stick it to NU and paint it in the worst possible light for some unknown spiteful reason. He's obviously obsessed with NU. One can't help but think he's suffered some horrible calamity at the hands of the Huskers. The guy is sick and needs help. One factor is that it sounds as if Husker Online is one of the more active and entertaining message boards in the B1G. I think we draw more than our fair share of bored B1G Rivals.

Reactions: scarletred
Again Im as big a husker fan as anybody lol. Ive been on here for TWENTY years. The current news is this coaching staff is a failure so far. Nice defensive maneuver you have there labeling anyone with anything negative to say an "opposing fan". Get a life in reality pal.
Do you pay for RSS? The only time I've seen you on here is when you're defending other B1G schools. I am unappreciative of any jackoff that wants to come on here and repeatedly run down our sports coaches or teams. That includes you if you chose to do that.

Meh.
Most coaches that start out 12-20 get fired. He hasnt shown much for the "gained experience"

Do you pay for RSS? The only time I've seen you on here is when you're defending other B1G schools. I am unappreciative of any jackoff that wants to come on here and repeatedly run down our sports coaches or teams. That includes you if you chose to do that.
No way! Losing coaches getting run down on an internet mesaage board? Deal with it, you should be used to it after 10 years here lol. And I get banned a lot because of weak people like you that get their feelings hurt and cry. And nobody cares who you've seen on here, who are you again?

Most coaches that start out 12-20 get fired. He hasnt shown much for the "gained experience"

When you follow the hire of Smiling Riley you have to make exceptions ... You don’t hire a Pac-12 coach to a physical Big 10 conference and expect results immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT