ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa's Insidious, Racist Regime Covered by ESPN

It sounds like 8 former players are planning to sue. Of the 8, only two were consistent starters. I’m sure there were problems in the program and removing Doyle was the best decision but I’m beginning to think this is a bit of a sour grapes problem.

It sounds like 8 former players are planning to sue. Of the 8, only two were consistent starters. I’m sure there were problems in the program and removing Doyle was the best decision but I’m beginning to think this is a bit of a sour grapes problem.

Why are we bringing up old news on the Herkey’s🤦‍♂️

Reactions: red scowl
Ya think?

Or they could have a case. It's a known fact that there are racists in Iowa City. I say they get their day in court.
There were problems and I completely recognize that. The thing is, guys who were starters and made it in the NFL have said they think KF can fix the problems where as guys who didn’t play much are on a warpath and trying to get complete revenge because they think they were better then they were.

There were problems and I completely recognize that. The thing is, guys who were starters and made it in the NFL have said they think KF can fix the problems where as guys who didn’t play much are on a warpath and trying to get complete revenge because they think they were better then they were.

You could also say they were not given the same chances because of said treatment. That's why there is court. The year is 2020. Aren't we all tired of stories of people being treated differently because of the color of their skin?

Reactions: Charlie Marlow
Those two starters have been peddling signed footballs for cash since graduating. Wadley is accused of taking money and then blocking people that wanted their footballs.

KMM started a business off the premise of being a two star. Oliver Martin was used at one point. I’m not sure if that venture is still going or not.

Sounds like a last ditch effort for cash, since the last guy they used didn’t pan out.

I think there are obviously serious issues in the Iowa football program and I think it is ridiculous the way many of their supporters try to shrug off and downplay those issues. However, this lawsuit seems a little far fetched and could potentially set a very dangerous precedent.

I think there are obviously serious issues in the Iowa football program and I think it is ridiculous the way many of their supporters try to shrug off and downplay those issues. However, this lawsuit seems a little far fetched and could potentially set a very dangerous precedent.
I can’t tell you what I think anymore. At first I was thinking there were problems and it was time to clean house and start fresh. Then the Wadley story came out and many of the things he said don’t add up. Then the assistant weight coach who was Doyle’s right hand man said he never saw or heard Doyle make any racist comments and this assistant is African American. Now this lawsuit. I’d love to see this lawsuit get crushed and expose these guys as liars.

Reactions: scarletred
I can’t tell you what I think anymore. At first I was thinking there were problems and it was time to clean house and start fresh. Then the Wadley story came out and many of the things he said don’t add up. Then the assistant weight coach who was Doyle’s right hand man said he never saw or heard Doyle make any racist comments and this assistant is African American. Now this lawsuit. I’d love to see this lawsuit get crushed and expose these guys as liars.
obviously you can't tell us what you think.

you're an iowa fan. iowa fans are incapable of such actions as simple thought.

only starters can be victims

everyone else just wants money

the iowa way

Iowa fans, would you let any other fan base off the hook with the flimsy excuses you’re peddling out? No.....I suppose it would be different if your fan base was known for being gracious in winning and losing, but it’s known for neither....of course most fan bases are decent in person, but the Iowa message board presence is a pathetic embarrassment....I hope the players get their day in court and win, just to witness the response of Iowa fans.....

Everything they are asking for with the exception of money has been put in place. I certainly respect anyone’s right to file a lawsuit, the burden of proof will be on them and I suspect they will look like foolish, greedy, overrated former athletes when this is all said and done.

Reactions: hexumhawk
obviously you can't tell us what you think.

you're an iowa fan. iowa fans are incapable of such actions as simple thought.
Did you even read the accusations? One of them was literally a coach asking did a player buy a BMW. Why wouldn’t anyone be asking a college kid if they bought a BMW?

• Haha
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
This was a money grab from the start and everyone knows it. Strike while the social justice flames are hottest.

Not saying that there weren't some things they can clean up and make better but give me a break with some of the "claims". They made us not wear hats! They made us not spit on the ground! They made us show up to meetings on time!

Most of it sounds like players that felt entitled to an NFL career and it didn't work out.

Iowa fans, would you let any other fan base off the hook with the flimsy excuses you’re peddling out? No.....I suppose it would be different if your fan base was known for being gracious in winning and losing, but it’s known for neither....of course most fan bases are decent in person, but the Iowa message board presence is a pathetic embarrassment....I hope the players get their day in court and win, just to witness the response of Iowa fans.....
They won’t win. They will look like greedy little liars when it’s all over.

• Haha
As I understand it, in addition to firing the coaches and AD, 20 million dollars will help to alleviate the pain and suffering of the afflicted.

It's never really about the grievance. It's about the dolla bills y'all.

Be careful of the hate you pile onto Iowa. Last thing we want is the sjw's visiting our campus.

The president of Missouri mishandled their situation a couple of years ago and it hurt enrollment in a big way.

As I understand it, in addition to firing the coaches and AD, 20 million dollars will help to alleviate the pain and suffering of the afflicted.

It's never really about the grievance. It's about the dolla bills y'all.

Be careful of the hate you pile onto Iowa. Last thing we want is the sjw's visiting our campus.

The president of Missouri mishandled their situation a couple of years ago and it hurt enrollment in a big way.

There are a group of people that keep claiming Iowa's situation is perfectly normal and it could happen anywhere. Yet there is still only one school where I hear about coaches threatening to send players back to the ghetto and making players wear around trash cans. That crap it not normal or healthy. That being said, this lawsuit needs to be thrown out. This is about putting things in place to make sure Iowa football treats players with care and respect, not about getting rich.

This was a money grab from the start and everyone knows it. Strike while the social justice flames are hottest.

Not saying that there weren't some things they can clean up and make better but give me a break with some of the "claims". They made us not wear hats! They made us not spit on the ground! They made us show up to meetings on time!

Most of it sounds like players that felt entitled to an NFL career and it didn't work out.

There were a whole lot more than just these 8 and you know there was alot more substance than that. But this group of players trying to get rich off a bad situation, is a bad look for sure.,

There were a whole lot more than just these 8 and you know there was alot more substance than that. But this group of players trying to get rich off a bad situation, is a bad look for sure.,
There will/should be plenty of witnesses to the alleged behavior. I'll let it play out. They will have their day in court.

Everything they are asking for with the exception of money has been put in place. I certainly respect anyone’s right to file a lawsuit, the burden of proof will be on them and I suspect they will look like foolish, greedy, overrated former athletes when this is all said and done.

Everything? Brian was defined as one of the main problems along with Doyle. Doyle was fired and Brian went silent, soon to return in the clear. Obviously the players upped the stakes and since Brian is still there, now they want Sr. and the AD fired.

Last edited:

For sure. I think there were plenty of past players that wanted to see some element of change and were in it for the right reason. I think Iowa took a hard look at it, fired one of their more veteran coaches, and implemented quite a few changes in policy. Not sure what else they could do on their part.

I think the problem Iowa fans have with this group is they all just seem mad they didn't make the NFL. Wadley's mom not long ago was begging them to recruit Akrum's brother. If it was that awful, no parent would want their son there.

Hahahahahahahaha this couldn’t happen to a better program.

IOWA SUCKS. You inbreds deserve everything you get, starting with mind numbing mediocrity and finishing with an absolutely embarrassing scarlet letter of a fiery crash.

Gtfo this board and think about what you’re supporting/defending. Losers.

IOWA SUCKS. You inbreds deserve everything you get, starting with mind numbing mediocrity and finishing with an absolutely embarrassing scarlet letter of a fiery crash.

Who hurt you so bad? You can’t deny some of this is a bit fishy. In Wadleys statement, he said the coaches wanted him to gain weight but then a couple sentences later he says the coaches took away his meal card. How does that add up? Second, multiple former players have said they think Kirk can fix the culture. It is these 8 who want scorched earth.

Who hurt you so bad? You can’t deny some of this is a bit fishy. In Wadleys statement, he said the coaches wanted him to gain weight but then a couple sentences later he says the coaches took away his meal card. How does that add up? Second, multiple former players have said they think Kirk can fix the culture. It is these 8 who want scorched earth.
I didn’t read any of it, nor do I care to. If they’re innocent, why would any culture need fixing?

Kurt, his boy and all of iowa can F off. Losers now, then and forever.

Wow

Show me on the doll where the bad man hurt you

I didn’t read any of it, nor do I care to. If they’re innocent, why would any culture need fixing?

Kurt, his boy and all of iowa can F off. Losers now, then and forever.
I don’t know why you call Iowa a bunch of losers when you cheer for Nebraska. You guys literally had two player get in trouble for sexual assault and do we need to get into Mo Washington?

I don’t know why you call Iowa a bunch of losers when you cheer for Nebraska. You guys literally had two player get in trouble for sexual assault and do we need to get into Mo Washington?
So Iowa is in the middle of a lawsuit over decades of racism, bullying and discrimination and you decide to run over to the Nebraska board to post something like this? Wow.

In related news from the Daily Iowan
University of Iowa ends search for associate VP for diversity, equity, and inclusion after candidates withdraw
The University has someone in the position as an interim, and she seems like a good leader. However, the DEI position has had two other interim VPs, and one permanent VP who left after being on campus for just six weeks.

You all sound like the PSU fans you bashed for defending Joe-Pa. They used all the same excuses, same reasoning. Wasn't good enough for them so why is it good enough for you? Go on and eat that crow your fan base loves to serve up regularly on your board. Karma is a b!tch!

The post has long since been purged from HR ... but I said in 2014 that Joe Pa's greatest flaw was sticking around too long for egotistical reasons. I believe he and Bobby Bowden were in an unspoken competition with each other, and even if they weren't it was clear Joe Pa wanted to become the most victorious coach in NCAA history, which wikipedia confirms he is.
Kirk has the same level of ambition though he has convinced people he doesn't. Tom Osborne was smart. He wasn't chasing some insane goal and understood there is more to life than ambition. He understood the importance of life balance.
Ferentz has a dark side. The "ends justify the means" type of dark side. I predicted he would stay on too long, and he has. He should've retired on Top a few months ago. But his stubbornness will keep him employed until he is fired, just like Joe Pa. And also like Joe Pa, his son is receiving checks from the University that far outpace his talent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT