ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa's Insidious, Racist Regime Covered by ESPN

Front page treatment given to the Ku Klux Kirk regime. The University of Iowa Hawkeye racism just does not seem to be going away much to the chagrin of the University of Iowa media and "they are making it up!" part of their fanbase.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...black-players-speak-program-racial-inequities
ShadowyPowerfulAstarte-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
"Black players said success within the program hinged on assimilating to The Iowa Way, a reference to the program's "smart, tough, physical" motto.

"Iowa culture is -- and we saw it on the wall every day -- smart, tough, physical, disciplined, hard-nosed, put your nose to the grindstone and work, be early, and many more," said Tyler Kluver, a former Iowa long-snapper who is white and hosts the "Washed Up Walkons" podcast. "Those are the pillars of Iowa culture."

But The Iowa Way, as many Black players describe it, also meant conforming to a white football culture and suppressing their own, whether it be their hairstyle or how they spoke or dressed."

This was a quote fro. the story, and I am sure this is going to ruffle some feathers on both sides.

1. This sounds like Peter brothers mentality.
2. Nebraska "was" this under Osborne
3. There is a difference between racism and work ethic

As I watch this world unfold I see both sides. I 100% believe that there is bigotry and racism all over the place and we do just turn the other cheek. I see finger pointing going on every day like there is a fix.

My question to people on this board is how many kids have left our program prematurely recently (since the Frost era [Only using this time frame for easier statistics]), and how many were black vs white? I am not going to go back and get the stats on that as I write this, but I know for damn sure it was a hell of a lot of 4* athletes. A lot of them were black, and came from somewhere other than Nebraska. You don't think Frost preaches "smart, tough, physical, disciplined, hard-nosed, put your nose to the grindstone and work" type of football? I am pretty sure I have heard every 90's player come out and say that is what they were. Didn't Frost come from that mentality?

So I am not going to sit here and bash Iowa for teaching hard nose football to kids. Why, because we do the same thing and I am sure Saban, Meyer ect... do the same thing. Is it racist, or is it setting an example? I personally think it is setting an example of what it takes to succeed in life.

At the beginning of the article it said the one guy had to run with a yellow bucket on his head for being late. To me that had nothing to do with being racist. It was showing the kid that on Iowa's football team being late is unacceptable. That being late in life means you are going to lose. That if you want to win at life work hard and be on time, then next time you won't need to run with a bucket on your head.

Now on to the other side...

Why do these guys say "They didn't/wouldn't do this to the white kids". That is where I do see a fault. If anyone is late, you make them run with some embarrassment. You can't pick and choose who you think needs to be punished in an embarrassing way.

The racism starts when you judge someone by the way they look. It continues when you hold someone to a different standard by where they came from and how they act. Then it ends when you treat people equally and hold everyone to the same standard.

I think people need to be what was quoted on Iowa's wall to succeed in this world. I also believe that you can't make someone they are not. So what it boils down to is life is about choices. If "smart, tough, physical" is not your mentality going into college football, maybe it isn't for you.

I've got to get ready for work right now so I am ironically not late. I would love to continue on, on this topic.

Last edited:
bigred22, nice post agree with quit a bit of it..But.

Maybe ask Damion Benning or Jay Foreman if they felt that way being black at Nebraska when it was in your words the “Osborne way” back in the 1990’s. I don’t think TO or any other Asst Coach were against wearing ear rings, tattoos or hats or trying to make them white..

bigred22, nice post agree with quit a bit of it..But.

Maybe ask Damion Benning or Jay Foreman if they felt that way being black at Nebraska when it was in your words the “Osborne way” back in the 1990’s. I don’t think TO or any other Asst Coach were against wearing ear rings, tattoos or hats or trying to make them white..
I am referring to only what I quoted "Osborne way" meaning "smart, tough, physical, disciplined, hard-nosed, put your nose to the grindstone and work". It bothers me that black athletes see that as racist. I would like to know from a former black athlete why that quote means "White football player" and not just "Football player"?

Front page treatment given to the Ku Klux Kirk regime. The University of Iowa Hawkeye racism just does not seem to be going away much to the chagrin of the University of Iowa media and "they are making it up!" part of their fanbase.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...black-players-speak-program-racial-inequities
If this was any other program in the country KF would have been fired by now. Iowa won't do it or will wait until they have so much public pressure they have no other option. The reason they are digging their feet in and not firing him is because they know once he is gone, they are done as far as being a decent program. He is the most successful coach in their history. They hit a once in a lifetime jackpot and odds are they won't find another. So they are doing everything they can to protect and keep KF.
I agree they had hoped getting rid of the Strength coach and KF coming out about making changes, would be enough. In the past yes that would have been enough. Not in the times we are living in now. Heads must roll to satisfy the masses. Im saying this as someone who thinks the accusations are being blown way out of proportion and that he shouldn't be fired. Again little things are blown up nowadays and and you are guilty until proven innocent. So I will be surprised if KF makes it much longer.

I am referring to only what I quoted "Osborne way" meaning "smart, tough, physical, disciplined, hard-nosed, put your nose to the grindstone and work". It bothers me that black athletes see that as racist. I would like to know from a former black athlete why that quote means "White football player" and not just "Football player"?

And again that would be a great question for those two since their on the radio and have played college Football..

Checkout the Smithsonian and whiteness. Apparently hard work is white culture.

I wonder how KF keeps his job if it wasn’t for his tenure at Iowa... Don’t know if Barta has the balls to fire him..

"Black players said success within the program hinged on assimilating to The Iowa Way, a reference to the program's "smart, tough, physical" motto.

"Iowa culture is -- and we saw it on the wall every day -- smart, tough, physical, disciplined, hard-nosed, put your nose to the grindstone and work, be early, and many more," said Tyler Kluver, a former Iowa long-snapper who is white and hosts the "Washed Up Walkons" podcast. "Those are the pillars of Iowa culture."

But The Iowa Way, as many Black players describe it, also meant conforming to a white football culture and suppressing their own, whether it be their hairstyle or how they spoke or dressed."

This was a quote fro. the story, and I am sure this is going to ruffle some feathers on both sides.

As I watch this world unfold I see both sides. I 100% believe that there is bigotry and racism all over the place and we do just turn the other cheek. I see finger pointing going on every day like there is a fix.

My question to people on this board is how many kids have left our program prematurely recently (since the Frost era [Only using this time frame for easier statistics]), and how many were black vs white? I am not going to go back and get the stats on that as I write this, but I know for damn sure it was a hell of a lot of 4* athletes. A lot of them were black, and came from somewhere other than Nebraska. You don't think Frost preaches "smart, tough, physical, disciplined, hard-nosed, put your nose to the grindstone and work" type of football? I am pretty sure I have heard every 90's player come out and say that is what they were. Didn't Frost come from that mentality?

So I am not going to sit here and bash Iowa for teaching hard nose football to kids. Why, because we do the same thing and I am sure Saban, Meyer ect... do the same thing. Is it racist, or is it setting an example? I personally think it is setting an example of what it takes to succeed in life.

At the beginning of the article it said the one guy had to run with a yellow bucket on his head for being late. To me that had nothing to do with being racist. It was showing the kid that on Iowa's football team being late is unacceptable. That being late in life means you are going to lose. That if you want to win at life work hard and be on time, then next time you won't need to run with a bucket on your head.

Why do these guys say "They didn't/wouldn't do this to the white kids". That is where I do see a fault. If anyone is late, you make them run with some embarrassment. You can't pick and choose who you think needs to be punished in an embarrassing way.

The racism starts when you judge someone by the way they look. It continues when you hold someone to a different standard by where they came from and how they act. Then it ends when you treat people equally and hold everyone to the same standard.

I think people need to be what was quoted on Iowa's wall to succeed in this world. I also believe that you can't make someone they are not. So what it boils down to is life is about choices. If "smart, tough, physical" is not your mentality going into college football, maybe it isn't for you.

I've got to get ready for work right now so I am ironically not late. I would love to continue on, on this topic.

I suspect a lot of what we are reading and hearing is just the tip of the iceberg. The players know if they are being treated differently, and that is what a lot of them are saying. If the white players are held to a different standard, I would agree that is wrong. If the racism is to work real hard and play with your hair on fire like Johnny, the 160 pound long snapper over there, then Dan Hawkins said it best.

Nothing in that article that anyone of you hadn’t read before, slow news day at ESPN to regurgitate old news.

Wrong that was the first time we heard about the yellow trash can over the players head incident where even recruits were there to witness it..

I’m sure Captain Kirk was there too..

Last edited:
Wrong that was the first time we heard about the yellow trash can over the players head incident were even recruits were there to witness it..

I’m sure Captain Kirk was there too..

I had read about it shortly after it happened, DJK was all over it back then, IIRC he was either late to practice multiple times it seemed to me to be more of a high school type of punishment than racial.

Reactions: Flick2.0
I had read about it shortly after it happened, DJK was all over it back then, IIRC he was either late to practice multiple times it seemed to me to be more of a high school type of punishment than racial.

That’s not what some of the Black players were thinking according to the article.. They thought it was embarrassment and not everyone in the country knew back then, well they do now reading the article..

What are these sinister aspects of “white culture,” you ask? Well, according to the Smithsonian, values like “hard work,” “self-reliance,” “be[ing] polite,” and timeliness are all a product of the “white dominant culture.” Indeed, it turns out that conventional grammar, Christianity, the notion that “intent counts” in courts of law, and the scientific method and its emphasis on “objective, rational linear thinking” are all proprietary to “white culture.”

Reactions: baseball31ne

I don't know that I've ever been as bewildered as when I saw the whiteness chart. It's actually one of the most racist things I've ever seen. If a white person put this thing out, they'd be tarred and feathered. The African American museum puts it out as some sort of guide to white supremacy. Is it real? Is the large majority of black america supportive of what was on this chart? If so, my mind has officially been blown.

Reactions: RedMyMind

Read the bolded part again. That was a white kid saying what Iowa perceives its culture to be. Show me where ANY black player said they had a problem with working hard, being smart, tough, disciplined, etc. The very next sentence clarifies where the problem exists. The Iowa coaches had a staunchly racist view of how the black players should carry themselves.

You're taking mainstream media talking points and injecting them into this specific instance of tremendous racial injustice at the University of Iowa, headed by Ku Klux Kirk Ferentz.

Reactions: headcard
Read the bolded part again. That was a white kid saying what Iowa perceives its culture to be. Show me where ANY black player said they had a problem with working hard, being smart, tough, disciplined, etc. The very next sentence clarifies where the problem exists. The Iowa coaches had a staunchly racist view of how the black players should carry themselves.

You're taking mainstream media talking points and injecting them into this specific instance of tremendous racial injustice at the University of Iowa, headed by Ku Klux Kirk Ferentz.
That was taken from the Smithsonian dipshit

The Iowa article I quoted came from the Smithsonian? I'm the dipshit? lol
Someone had mentioned the Smithsonian so in response to that I posted what they were referencing in the Smithsonian and you're telling me I'm interjecting thing. it is completely relevant. you're clearly on the side of soft bigotry because you don't believe black people can be held to the same standard as everyone else

Someone had mentioned the Smithsonian so in response to that I posted what they were referencing in the Smithsonian and you're telling me I'm interjecting thing. it is completely relevant. you're clearly on the side of soft bigotry because you don't believe black people can be held to the same standard as everyone else

Was I replying to you? Thanks for playing.

Things continued lock so do the vast majority of sensible Americans,

Yes. You were. You really are a dipshit

Let me check above. I replied to "big red22" ... you are "BigRedRising" ... not the sharpest tool, I see.

The title to your thread is a complete falsification of the articles title that you linked to. Once again it is quite easy to see that you believe racism exists everywhere.

If it's quite easy to see, then it should be trivial to prove. You seem to be having trouble proving your points. Is that an Iowa thing?

For what it's worth, I do not believe racism exists everywhere, but it certainly does exist at the University of Iowa (source: ESPN.COM).

The part you highlighted is exactly my question?

But The Iowa Way, as many Black players describe it, also meant conforming to a white football culture and suppressing their own, whether it be their hairstyle or how they spoke or dressed.

Right there in red it says that it also meant conforming to "White" football culture. They are referring to what was written on the wall about being tough, smart ect... Look you are arguing with a guy (me) that probably agrees with about 99% of what you do. I just don't think hard work and embarrassment in front of you peers for punishment is racism. If it was only done to the black athletes, that is a whole different story.

No way in hell you are going to tell me that quote on their wall means "White football culture"? From what I see in red says the black athletes feel that way. This is the way I interpret it... if you want to play football in college you need to become a man. One that knows the meaning working hard for something that you want and doing whatever you can to get it. It has nothing to do with racism

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT