13. Marquette $19,668,714
  14. Northwestern $19,562,252
  15. Nebraska $19,340,390
  16. Kansas $18,802,173
  17. Texas $18,495,410
  18. Villanova $17,605,994
  19. Minnesota $17,454,711
  20. Florida State $17,304,819
This is b-ball only, I don’t see Iowa. Huh.

Not near the 40 you wanted, 1 or 2 isn't enough to care. Stays same, pal.

i guess my first question would be...how does Iowa end up 25th in any football poll, when they are 70th in winning percentage and 40th in games won? It would appear someone is giving your program credit for finishing really high in the rankings in 1958, as well as 1985 was it?

I'm terribly sorry, but those high rankings took place well before the year 2000, so we're not going to be able to consider those years. Have a nice day.. :Cool:

@kwicasso, Do you realize how silly you look? So Frost said Iowa was more physical than Nebraska in his first year. His players had been under his and his coaches' tutelage for 10 1/2 months.

Again, I bring up the difference between Michigan and UCF his 1st year at UCF, and UCF and Auburn his 2nd year. They got pummeled by Michigan his 1st year, and outmuscled a much more talented Auburn team his 2nd year. What do you think he and his staff are going to do with players that are more athletic coming into our program than players coming into Iowa's program?? You know where this is headed, but won't admit to it.

Frost and his staff made up 39 points on Iowa in one year...playing your team in your stadium...after being with this program 10 1/2 months...with players he mostly didn't recruit. The sooner you begin to accept what is going to happen this year, the sooner you won't be disappointed this November when you lose in Lincoln. I'm trying to prepare you, but you won't accept my patronage.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
@kwicasso, Do you realize how silly you look? So Frost said Iowa was more physical than Nebraska in his first year. His players had been under his and his coaches' tutelage for 10 1/2 months.

Again, I bring up the difference between Michigan and UCF his 1st year at UCF, and UCF and Auburn his 2nd year. They got pummeled by Michigan his 1st year, and outmuscled a much more talented Auburn team his 2nd year. What do you think he and his staff are going to do with players that are more athletic coming into our program than players coming into Iowa's program?? You know where this is headed, but won't admit to it.

Frost and his staff made up 39 points on Iowa in one year...playing your team in your stadium...after being with this program 10 1/2 months...with players he mostly didn't recruit. The sooner you begin to accept what is going to happen this year, the sooner you won't be disappointed this November when you lose in Lincoln. I'm trying to prepare you, but you won't accept my patronage.
"UCF outmuscled Auburn": Auburn put up 421 yards of offense, possessed the ball for 9 more minutes, and had 8 more first downs. Here's where UCFs victory came - Auburn turned the ball over 3 times. A pure outmuscling by the football genius Scott Frosty. You got it.

"UCF outmuscled Auburn": Auburn put up 421 yards of offense, possessed the ball for 9 more minutes, and had 8 more first downs. Here's where UCFs victory came - Auburn turned the ball over 3 times. A pure outmuscling by the football genius Scott Frosty. You got it.

UCF rushed for 4.7 yards/carry. Auburn rushed for 2.0 yards/carry. Thanks for playing. We have some wonderful parting gifts..

UCF rushed for 4.7 yards/carry. Auburn rushed for 2.0 yards/carry. Thanks for playing. We have some wonderful parting gifts..

Iowa fans have been brainwashed to believe that you can only out muscle a team by having a offense that is behind the times. Kirk is either too afraid to adapt or can’t.

Iowa fans excuse for their poor recruiting is that they live in Iowa. They don’t even consider to think that it could possibly be their boring ass style of play that is only attracting 3 star recruits.

Iowa fans have been brainwashed to believe that you can only out muscle a team by having a offense that is behind the times. Kirk is either too afraid to adapt or can’t.

Iowa fans excuse for their poor recruiting is that they live in Iowa. They don’t even consider to think that it could possibly be their boring ass style of play that is only attracting 3 star recruits.
If it's so boring how come Nebraska can't stop it?

What's UNL's excuse for their defense to be routinely behind the times? Recruits seem to be there? Methinks scheme & poor coaching have something to do with it. It works both ways. Combine units & you'd have a hell of a contender.

What's UNL's excuse for their defense to be routinely behind the times? Recruits seem to be there? Methinks scheme & poor coaching have something to do with it. It works both ways. Combine units & you'd have a hell of a contender.

It’s not behind the times in regards to scheme. They were behind the times in S&C. Also, you may want to reevaluate Pelinis recruiting. That side of the ball needed and still needs more talent.

Never has a fan base made more of 4 seasons than Iowa fan. Thank goodness Iowa is never consistently nationally relevant they’d be unbearable.

How Iowa fan feels about ISU fans is how we feel about Iowa fans. Sh!t rolls downhill and if ISU is at the bottom, Iowa is in the middle and Nebraska is at the top.

College sports are ruled by college football and when Nebraska joined the B1G, Iowa got knocked down a rung. On the bright side iowa fan, Iowa is solidly the 7th best brand in the B1G.

Reactions: tyrusraymondcobb
Never has a fan base made more of 4 seasons than Iowa fan. Thank goodness Iowa is never consistently nationally relevant they’d be unbearable.

How Iowa fan feels about ISU fans is how we feel about Iowa fans. Sh!t rolls downhill and if ISU is at the bottom, Iowa is in the middle and Nebraska is at the top.

College sports are ruled by college football and when Nebraska joined the B1G, Iowa got knocked down a rung. On the bright side iowa fan, Iowa is solidly the 7th best brand in the B1G.

Your assessment of rungs so far is invalid by evidence of UNL in the big ten. It's been mostly a disaster notwithstanding a couple decent pelini years.

Hang onto your hat little man, judgement day is coming!

giphy.gif

Reactions: H8FULLGR8

This makes little sense. I never said it wasn’t effective. It’s effective for what Iowa wants to do. Win 8 games a year with an occasional year where they get to ten. You are the fans that pride themselves in keeping games close even when it means taking a loss.

But, if Iowa ever wants to consistently play/recruit with the big boys they need to get away from the ball control offense and get with the times. Instead, they hide behind living in the state of Iowa as to why they struggle to recruit skill players.

Riley went 4-8 in his last year, Frost went 4-8 last year yet Frost has signed a total of 19 four stars. You have to go back 10 classes for Iowa to total up that number. I won’t deny that Ferentz does a very good job developing his recruits. Just imagine if he could consistently land 4 star recruits. You all wouldn’t have to hide behind the “well we play football in Iowa” excuse anymore.

Last edited:
Nebraska’s speed is going to kill you for years to come.

Bingo. But this all comes back to expectations. Iowa fans are okay with winning one division title every 8 years. Boggles my mind. Sure, they could do a lot worse...they are afraid to take that risk and are instead stuck in purgatory.

It’s not behind the times in regards to scheme. They were behind the times in S&C. Also, you may want to reevaluate Pelinis recruiting. That side of the ball needed and still needs more talent.

They had the talent, attrition & bad 'fits' seemed to play a part.

The 3-4 Diaco attempted was unimpressive & Chinander's as well. Chinander's defense is nothing worth touting over - there's further proof at UCF besides the one nice performance against Auburn. Most evident on what Iowa has done to the scheme with their behind-the-times offense. Dave Aranda formerly of Wisconsin has been the only 3-4 scheme to give Iowa fits. His variation of it & what he teaches, while similar, is not the same as what Diaco or Chinander's teaches (philosophy focusing on technique & reads vs playing with wreckless abandon looking for a turnover to swing offensive possessions in their favor).

This makes little sense. I never said it wasn’t effective. It’s effective for what Iowa wants to do. Win 8 games a year with an occasional year where they get to ten.

But, if Iowa ever wants to consistently play/recruit with the big boys they need to get away from the ball control offense and get with the times. Instead, they hide behind living in the state of Iowa as to why they struggle to recruit skill players.
You should know by now that since 2014, split lip KF and the majority of their fan base is only interested in beating Nebraska, the Nebraska game is their super bowl, beating a blueblood is way more important to them then winning division and conference championships. They’ll always have that 4 year run to lean back on.

Reactions: tyrusraymondcobb
Wow. This thread is still going. Some have asked me why I start these Iowa threads. It isn’t just for provoking arguments and relieving boredom. Lol. I have an ulterior motive so I might as well come clean.

Many of my fellow Husker fans are going to strongly disagree with this, but I actually want NU vs. Iowa to become an intense rivalry. One of the things I miss about being in the big 8/12 are the natural rivalries we had with teams like OU and CU. So far we have developed no such rivalries in the B1G. We haven’t been good enough so far to be anyone’s rival. And we have not been here long enough. But I do expect us to once again become a very, very good team. And damn it, Iowa is the State next door with which we share a similar culture and geography. Both States have great people. Down to earth people who are hard working and decent. It just seems to me that Iowa is just in a perfect situation to be a rival. If we return to “greatness” and Iowa stays as they are, then maybe teams like Michigan may become our biggest rival. But we don’t play them every year.

Discuss.

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
This makes little sense. I never said it wasn’t effective. It’s effective for what Iowa wants to do. Win 8 games a year with an occasional year where they get to ten. You are the fans that pride themselves in keeping games close even when it means taking a loss.

Your big mantra is 8 wins. The '15-'18 i keep seeing is 9.25 wins. When you delve further into schemes, what works and why, you have no clue what you're talking about. You're a basketball guy.

Nobody outside of the state of Iowa cares about Iowa football. We have basically been Iowa football the last 20 years. Now try to imagine being an Iowa fan and that is your normal. That is why they hold onto these 4 years so much. It takes us winning 4 games a year in order for them to talk trash. Speaking of the 4 wins Iowa likes to focus on so much. Anybody care to guess how many 4 win or less seasons Iowa has had of the last 50 years?.......... 13. That is 26%. So basically 1 in 4 years they win 4 or less games. Now how many 4 win or less seasons does Neb have over 50 years?.........2. These last 2 years are the only ones.

Wow. This thread is still going. Some have asked me why I start these Iowa threads. It isn’t just for provoking arguments and relieving boredom. Lol. I have an ulterior motive so I might as well come clean.

Many of my fellow Husker fans are going to strongly disagree with this, but I actually want NU vs. Iowa to become an intense rivalry. One of the things I miss about being in the big 8/12 are the natural rivalries we had with teams like OU and CU. So far we have developed no such rivalries in the B1G. We haven’t been good enough so far to be anyone’s rival. And we have not been here long enough. But I do expect us to once again become a very, very good team. And damn it, Iowa is the State next door with which we share a similar culture and geography. Both States have great people. Down to earth people who are hard working and decent. It just seems to me that Iowa is just in a perfect situation to be a rival. If we return to “greatness” and Iowa stays as they are, then maybe teams like Michigan may become our biggest rival. But we don’t play them every year.

Discuss.
I hope Iowa never becomes our Rival. If they do that means, we are equal to Iowa and that sucks. I never want to be to the point where we are excited about 8 and 9 win season like Iowa is. Getting NY6 bowl game becomes our NC.

The 3-4 Diaco attempted was unimpressive & Chinander's as well. Chinander's defense is nothing worth touting over - there's further proof at UCF besides the one nice performance against Auburn. Most evident on what Iowa has done to the scheme with their behind-the-times offense. Dave Aranda formerly of Wisconsin has been the only 3-4 scheme to give Iowa fits. His variation of it & what he teaches, while similar, is not the same as what Diaco or Chinander's teaches (philosophy focusing on technique & reads vs playing with wreckless abandon looking for a turnover to swing offensive possessions in their favor).

2 years ago Nebraska moved away from 4-3 to the 3-4 and besides Diaco the rest of the staff didn’t have a clue how to teach or coach up the scheme( Charlie McBride mentioned this) except for Diaco and it was a disaster...Another year goes by and last year new coaches new D - coordinator and the players have to learn all over again with another different scheme..

Finally this year after 3 different D- Coordinators In 3 years we finally have stability in the staff that has been around so let’s see what happens in 2019..

I believe your not going to see the same defensive deficiencies that you’ve seen the past two years ..

The jury is still out on Chinander. We will see if his defense makes the second year jump like it did at UCF.

With that said, Nebraska is never going to be Wisconsin or Alabama under him. Frost wants his defense to get takeaways and take risks to get the ball back for his offense. With that his defense is going to give up some points and yards. But, the more possessions Martinez gets the better.

Reactions: scarletred
2 years ago Nebraska moved away from 4-3 to the 3-4 and besides Diaco the rest of the staff didn’t have a clue how to teach or coach up the scheme( Charlie McBride mentioned this) except for Diaco and it was a disaster...Another year goes by and last year new coaches new D - coordinator and the players have to learn all over again with another different scheme..

Finally this year after 3 different D- Coordinators In 3 years we finally have stability in the staff that has been around so let’s see what happens in 2019..

I believe your not going to see the same defensive deficiencies that you’ve seen the past two years ..
I respect that, but I'll reserve judgement. It's an incredibly hard scheme to master, as I'm sure some are aware. Iowa at 17 points or less in the next meeting I will be extremely impressed (not that you care, but still).

Oh look, another in the long line of 50 IQ iowa idiots.

Nebraska’s speed is going to kill you for years to come.
Agree, When people think of Iowa football they think, Slow, fat and boring. Iowa wins games, by controlling the clock, using their fat lineman to control the line of scrimmage and scoring a few points using their big TEs. That works well with less talented teams or teams that play a similar slow style. Very curious to see how they handle a fast paced up tempo offense. They were gassed last year. Word out of spring ball is this team is playing even faster. Guessing we will be even faster by the time we play Iowa this year. Plus we were severely underweight last year. I believe we averaged 20lbs of muscle per player over the off season.

I respect that, but I'll reserve judgement. It's an incredibly hard scheme to master, as I'm sure some are aware. Iowa at 17 points or less in the next meeting I will be extremely impressed (not that you care, but still).

Without your 2 TE who is going to bail Stanley out this year, you have a average wide receiver corps..

No question the teams that stop Iowa from running the ball like last year and put the ball in Stanley hands will have sucess beating Iowa this year...

Love these 9 page threads about how nobody cares about Iowa. I do think Nebraska will be better the next couple of years; big question is if Frost can get the talent to Lincoln to make a jump as well as keeping TM healthy through an entire season with that style of play.

Carry on with your Iowa hate

Reactions: Hawkeye_311
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT