ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Settled - nebraska football has rich history, lacking mightily as of late, see if they can rebound with the right guys in place. Easier to regain relevance with good history to build on.

Nebraska basketball - no history, large mountain to climb & may get some traction for some wins in tourney. Remains to be seen, but far more unlikely than football, for obvious reasons.

Iowa football, not much championship history, but in a solid footing where some things may happen with the correct steps. Remains to be seen, but not unfathomable to make playoffs

Iowa basketball - very good basketball tradition that took a turn in late 2000's, back to some solid footing & with a few right moves can be back to advancing deeper in the tournament. Movement up or down more fickle than football (Tech 13 wins, Auburn 11 few years ago)

This basically replicates the Nebraska 7, NR. Iowa 25th, 23rd. Final word, enjoy spring ball, see you all for the next chapter late November.

Why does Nebraska basketball have a large mountain to climb?

Why does Nebraska basketball have a large mountain to climb?

0-7? Would a sweet 16 appearance mean they've arrived? No. That'd be 2-8 all time. Would a few elite 8's and sweet 16 mean they've arrived. I'd chalk that up as right there look out for nebraska. That would put them at 8-10 all time. Yes, that is still a significant climb to reach that level.

Just like you like to make fun of football, Nebrasketball will never get to 30 tournament wins in your lifetime.

You do realize that the Football only considers being in the AP and how they’ve been ranked since 1936.....which is fine ..

But some other football facts:

Iowa
All Time wins 40th
All Time winning pct 70th
Conference Titles, Tied for 48 with 13 titles.

Nebraska
All time Wins 5th
All time Winning pct 8th
Conference Titles, 46, 2nd behind Oklahoma.

Can’t you comprehend the first time.

I don't care what you think it should be. Find another top 100 list, I'll wait. Read the damn link. No one argues nebraska isn't good. It's Iowa isn't as crappy as you want to believe. Top 25.
If you do it for basketball, you all cry foul & divert. It works both ways.

Enough with the excuses. Your University hired the idiots. That's not Iowa's problem. 'well if they woulda done this, that, & everything else, then --blank-- wouldn't have happened'. Well, it did happen & the landscape has changed. It's up to your University to dig out of the hole.

I'm not disputing that HE made a mistake, but also be reminded that he fired a coach with a 3-1 record against Iowa, because Bo Pilini was an A-Hole.

Oh well, I'm not worried. Frost will ultimately have his way with Iowa. He nearly won at your place, in his first year, with a true freshman QB and a lot of players he didn't recruit. The future is bright at Nebraska.

Just added another Top 100 player too. :D

And we don’t give a damn what you think because you can’t handle the truth about your Football program..

The truth is right there numb nuts? Never claimed to be anything more or less than the 25th ranked program out of 129 teams? How damn hard is it?

C'mon, let's hear more. Nebraska is 7th. Attendance numbers blahbblahlah. Weeee knowwwwww.

My whole fricken point this whole time is I'd rather have top two of football & basketball be in the top 25,

than top 10, and NR for the other. Yikes people.

Settled - nebraska football has rich history, lacking mightily as of late, see if they can rebound with the right guys in place. Easier to regain relevance with good history to build on.

Nebraska basketball - no history, large mountain to climb & may get some traction for some wins in tourney. Remains to be seen, but far more unlikely than football, for obvious reasons.

Iowa football, not much championship history, but in a solid footing where some things may happen with the correct steps. Remains to be seen, but not unfathomable to make playoffs

Iowa basketball - very good basketball tradition that took a turn in late 2000's, back to some solid footing & with a few right moves can be back to advancing deeper in the tournament. Movement up or down more fickle than football (Tech 13 wins, Auburn 11 few years ago)

This basically replicates the Nebraska 7, NR. Iowa 25th, 23rd. Final word, enjoy spring ball, see you all for the next chapter late November.

Does the Iowa 25th and 23rd apply to basketball? I mentioned Iowa is 40th in wins and 70th in winning % in football.

Also, facilities and fan support can very easily translate to quick success with a coach of Hoiberg's talents. Especially in basketball. Keep in mind that he was 4-1 against Francine.

Otherwise I'm OK with what you said in your post.

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
The truth is right there numb nuts? Never claimed to be anything more or less than the 25th ranked program out of 129 teams? How damn hard is it?

C'mon, let's hear more. Nebraska is 7th. Weeeeeee knowwwwww.

Iowa is 70th in winning percentage not 25th and no matter how you want to spin those facts they won’t help your argument, those are the facts not how many time the AP ranked Iowa since 1936 has no relevance in history with winning percentage...

Look who is the Numb Nuts.

Edited: 70th according to Winsipedia..

Last edited:
Reactions: H8FULLGR8

C'mon, let's hear more. Nebraska is 7th. Attendance numbers blahbblahlah. Weeee knowwwwww.

My whole fricken point this whole time is I'd rather have top two of football & basketball be in the top 25,

You have made your point......I agree that I would like to have a top 25 all-time basketball team, but to most husker fans the fact that we are one of the top all time-football programs resonates more than basketball. Come back in five years....or longer : ) and we can debate the relative trajectory of both of our football and basketball programs. All I can tell you is right now I wouldn't trade Kirk for Scott or Fran for Fred......and I would bet you money that most of the country outside of Iowa would agree with that statement.

Kwikstop mad, look out.

Yep, the actual score was very close but Iowa physically dominated Nebraska. Kudos to your QB for keeping it that close. AND you bring in "better" recruits than Iowa every year. I also think you have a decent chance at winning this year, assuming your players get a lot tougher than years past.

Are you plain mentally challenged or what? Do you think a football team is going to go from being a wimpy non-physical team (that didn't emphasize Strength & Conditioning), being coached by a wimpy non-physical head coach...to a dominating strong physical team in 10 months?

Frost had to destroy the losing culture and lack of emphasis on S&C that Riley's band of misfit coaches instilled in our players. He's still working to get rid of the last remaining holdouts to Riley's culture. Frost went 6-6 Frosts first year at UCF, then went 14-0 the following year. The progression in S&C will be more easily detectable this next year. He has said himself that you start to see the distinct difference the 2nd year. You'll see it on the field, where our lines will be much more physical.

Look at how UCF got completely trounced by Michigan in Frost's first year, but completely held their own against a very talented Auburn team his 2nd year .

Last edited:
I don't care what you think it should be. Find another top 100 list, I'll wait. Read the damn link. No one argues nebraska isn't good. It's Iowa isn't as crappy as you want to believe. Top 25.
If you do it for basketball, you all cry foul & divert. It works both ways.

Here's #2, AP's greatest of all times. You made #26, but it isn't the 25 you called out. That was easy.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/01/ap-college-football-rankings-greatest-programs-of-all-time

Are you plain mentally challenged or what? Do you think a football team is going to go from being a wimpy non-physical team (that didn't emphasize Strength & Conditioning), being coached by a wimpy non-physical head coach...to a dominating strong physical team in 10 months?

Frost had to destroy the losing culture and lack of emphasis on S&C that Riley's band of misfit coaches instilled in our players. He's still working to get rid of the last remaining holdouts to Riley's culture. Frost went 6-6 Frosts first year at UCF, then went 14-0 the following year. The progression in S&C will be more easily detectable this next year. He has said himself that you start to see the distinct difference the 2nd year. You'll see it on the field, where our lines will be much more physical.
Good work. Tards don't have any idea how bad it got.

Iowa is 70th in winning percentage not 25th and no matter how you want to spin those facts they won’t help your argument, those are the facts not how many time the AP ranked Iowa since 1936 has no relevance in history with winning percentage...

Look who is the Numb Nuts.

Edited: 70th according to Winsipedia..
Yes, this^^^^^^^^^^^. Iowa is in the bottom half of all FBS college football teams.

You know, it's super fun to watch Nebraska v Iowa and the anticipation in the months prior.

It's pretty obvious, both on paper and on the field, that the Huskers get more guys that have significantly better "god-given" football skills than the Hawks but insert self-entitlement and a lack of toughness, I'll take the black and gold any day. I'm willing to bet both our OL and DL - with several new starters - will assert domination on your linemen again. Now I'm not saying an Iowa win this year is a sure thing b/c your QB is darn good and can scramble all over the field. BUT.. Iowa's players are flat out tougher than yours.

Disagree? Do you envision a noticeable change in your team's toughness, determination, and overall physical strength in '19? If not, you'll be in trouble once again come November when you get a visit from the lowly Iowa Hawkeyes. This is a friendly competitive post - not looking to start a war. Football will be back before we know it! I love it.
F’n moron.

Yes, this^^^^^^^^^^^. Iowa is in the bottom half of all FBS college football teams.

Haha if you went 70-10 against bethune cookman, that would look pretty cool, right? Yeah big win pct. Gbr.

Thank God the AP came out with lists that correlate to today's world. Where's Neverbasketball fall in the top 100? You guessed it, they aren't even close!

Over/under on how many years it takes Iowa football to reach 800 wins? I’ll put the number at 21 years

O/U years it takes iowa to get to 25 wins versus Nebraska? I’ll put the number at 21 years.

Reactions: tyrusraymondcobb
Not near the 40 you wanted, 1 or 2 isn't enough to care. Stays same, pal.

READ THE POST, ITS NOT WHAT YOU SAID! LMAO

Your wrong!

He mad!

Hey-kwicasso-You-MadVEDM8.jpg

Over/under on how many years it takes Iowa football to reach 800 wins? I’ll put the number at 21 years

O/U years it takes iowa to get to 25 wins versus Nebraska? I’ll put the number at 21 years.

Nice! Another can of worms for yourself!

How many years for Neverasketball to get to 30 NCAA tournament wins. Oops, sorry, they took it off the board as it exceeds the lifetime of all able bettors.

Hayden Fry famously said and I’m paraphrasing here, we’ve got Nebraska just where we want them, off the schedule. Love it. I always liked that coach.

0.537 Winning pct in Football doesn’t make Ioway a top 25 all Time program.

Mom and Dad must have dropped you are your head way too often when you were born..

Hayden Fry famously said and I’m paraphrasing here, we’ve got Nebraska just where we want them, off the schedule. Love it. I always liked that coach.
More recently, Scooter said Iowa was stronger & more physical than UN-Loser. He was right, and no Scooter-led team will ever match Iowa as long as Doyle is S&C coach!

Haha if you went 70-10 against bethune cookman, that would look pretty cool, right? Yeah big win pct. Gbr.

Thank God the AP came out with lists that correlate to today's world. Where's Neverbasketball fall in the top 100? You guessed it, they aren't even close!
Man, you are dense. Bring up our game against BCU last year all you want, at least Nebraska doesn't lose to FCS teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT