Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennsyhusker

Athletic Director
Aug 6, 2009
Harveys Lake, PA
This board is really boring right now.
So we need to discuss Iowa. Specifically, I would like to know why they are so boring.
1. They stole their uniforms from the Steelers
2. They have no championship tradition.
3. Iowa City is ok, but it kind of sucks
4. They are better at academics than NU, but their girls are ugly.
5. Kirk Ferentz looks like a mortgage broker
6. Brad Tucker. Case closed

Pennsy, you are not spending enough time with your sheep and goats!!

Not meaning you are the "Wyoming" type where men are men and sheep are nervous

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
So we need to discuss Iowa. Specifically, I would like to know why they are so boring.

1. Correct
2. Correct
3. Correct
4. Correct, except Nebraska has 3 Nobel Laureates to Iowa’s Zero and Nebraska has more billionaire graduates.
5. Correct
6. Correct

You just had to go there, didn't you?:D
RonSwanson.jpg

The point of this thread is? ? ?
The main point of this thread is to solicit comments on why Iowa, and more specifically, its football team, are boring. Oh... and why they suck.

The second point of the thread was to add some humor to the board. This board is boring right now.

So I guess the third point to the thread is why I find so much shit boring? Lol

The main point of this thread is to solicit comments on why Iowa, and more specifically, its football team, are boring. Oh... and why they suck.

The second point of the thread was to add some humor to the board. This board is boring right now.

They suck and are boring because they have done the same thing for 20 years. 7-9 wins, No BIG10 titles( well if you don't count the 02 and 04 shared), No NC, will get a bowl game. Wash, rinse, repeat. They are consistently just above average. Their fans eat it up like candy.

They suck and are boring because they have done the same thing for 20 years. 7-9 wins, No BIG10 titles( well if you don't count the 02 and 04 shared), No NC, will get a bowl game. Wash, rinse, repeat. They are consistently just above average. Their fans eat it up like candy.

What they eat up is that they have been better than us since 2002 and haven’t been ranked in the top 10 at years end and we haven’t beaten them in 4 years despite having the worse 4 year period since 1958-61..

But but Iowa wins trophy games
lol that too. I just think fan bases of teams who have never experience true success honestly believe getting a winning record, beating a conf rival, and making a bowl is a success. For Iowa fans this is all most alive have ever known, they know nothing different. I think they have a hard time comprehending why we and other top football programs don't bow down before them when they get 8 or 9 wins every year.

What they eat up is that they have been better than us since 2002 and haven’t been ranked in the top 10 at years end and we haven’t beaten them in 4 years despite having the worse 4 year period since 1958-61..
Yep. Whats funny is when you look at overall record over the last 15 years. Our w-l records are virtually the same. The only time period they really have more success is the last 4 years. 3 of those years were coach by the worst coach at Neb in the last 50 years. They will see true Neb football very soon and have very little to yap about going forward.

Are you relishing today's date, Pennsy? You sure are playing the fool with these Iowa posts. Remember what happened last time, you're sure to wear yourself thin with these posts. Are you sure you're not a hog farmer? With these topics I'd swear you love wallowing in sh*&
Carry on Penn but pace yourself man

LOL I just read above that you have "pastured pigs" maybe that explains it. You do enjoy a good roll

The point of this thread is? ? ?

The Willa Cather thread was pretty exciting!

Except the years with 11,10,10,11 and 12 wins.

Might I add, that in my exposure with a group of them in a college course in WY; joint Iowa, ISU, and Nebraska-Lincoln... they prefer to inbreed or rape.

The Iowa students were drunken insomiacs and one was horny enough to try and rape a married woman from OH; whom was there to study.

Other times we had ISU students throwing beer grenades, which pissed off the professors. We had a ISU student rape an Iowa student. Had and Iowa student get dehydrated enough that he got looney enough, that he stopped our Van and threatened to "get at us".

Had to search and find a couple Iowa students who claimed "they got lost". Doubt that. Inbreeding.

We were told absolutely no food; in our trip to the camps at Grand Tetons. Bear boxes are available at every site to prevent bears. So.... what does IA student do? Brings a secret bag of cheetos and keeps it in her bag. Now... they didn't get attacked; but, her tentmate had something to say of it...

Mental handicaps are always amongst their fanbase.

Last edited:
Except the years with 11,10,10,11 and 12 wins.
Over the last 20 years Iowa has had 5 years where they won more than 9 games. 1 year where they won 12, 2 years they won 11 and 2 years they won 10.
In comparison over that same time, Nebraska has had 7 years with more than 9 wins. 1 year with 12 wins, 1 year with 11 wins and 5 years with 10 wins. Again these last 20 years many Nebraska fans considered "down" years. These last 20 years could be easily considered Iowas best years.
If you want to go back even farther. Over the last 50 years Iowa has only had 3 more season where they won more than 9 games. So over 50 years Iowa has 8 season where they won more than 9 games. Nebraska has 24 season where they had more than 9 wins. If there is one thing Iowa is consistently good at it is getting under 10 wins a year. Im not saying it is a bad thing. If Iowa fans are happy with that great.

This is an easy answer...THEY SUCK!!! ;). Then the boring part, most of them are over here trolling and obsessing over us. Because they won’t EVER be better then an average or below average team while Kirk coaches them. An absolutely boring team all the way around. And there you go.

Last edited:
Over the last 20 years Iowa has had 5 years where they won more than 9 games. 1 year where they won 12, 2 years they won 11 and 2 years they won 10.
In comparison over that same time, Nebraska has had 7 years with more than 9 wins. 1 year with 12 wins, 1 year with 11 wins and 5 years with 10 wins. Again these last 20 years many Nebraska fans considered "down" years. These last 20 years could be easily considered Iowas best years.
If you want to go back even farther. Over the last 50 years Iowa has only had 3 more season where they won more than 9 games. So over 50 years Iowa has 8 season where they won more than 9 games. Nebraska has 24 season where they had more than 9 wins. If there is one thing Iowa is consistently good at it is getting under 10 wins a year. Im not saying it is a bad thing. If Iowa fans are happy with that great.

I’ve always pointed out that in the last 56 years Nebraska has won 9+ games every year but nine years and 3 of those 9 have been the last 4 years..

I’ve always pointed out that in the last 56 years Nebraska has won 9+ games every year but nine years and 3 of those 9 have been the last 4 years..

Yep...it’s called Mike Riley. Iowa is lucky our AD had gone mental and had hired Smilen Mike. Mike Riley was Iowa’s best player in the Huskers vs Iowa games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT