ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love these 9 page threads about how nobody cares about Iowa. I do think Nebraska will be better the next couple of years; big question is if Frost can get the talent to Lincoln to make a jump as well as keeping TM healthy through an entire season with that style of play.

Carry on with your Iowa hate

Not sure who TM is but Adrian Martinez bigger most running backs. Sure he’s more susceptible to getting hurt compared to Iowa’s statue of quarterbacks. But, stop acting like Martinez is some twig that is glass. Also, it’s not exactly like Nebraska has chop liver behind him.

Now get back to your board to discuss Nebraska in one of the 20 threads covering Nebraska athletics.

Like I said, if Iowa stays as they are and we return to greatness, they won’t be a rival
I think there can be different types of rivals. We were rivals with CU not because we competed with them for titles year in and year out like we did with Okla. CU was a rival because we hated them at a personal level. They were annoying, loud mouthed, over confident, ass holes. I think Iowa will end up being that type of rival. We will beat them more often than not, but will still be a rival because we just enjoy curb stomping them and shutting them up.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
The jury is still out on Chinander. We will see if his defense makes the second year jump like it did at UCF.

With that said, Nebraska is never going to be Wisconsin or Alabama under him. Frost wants his defense to get takeaways and take risks to get the ball back for his offense. With that his defense is going to give up some points and yards. But, the more possessions Martinez gets the better.
Yes, and countering that is KF & his ball control/minimalist approach. SF stated in presser he hates those types of games because he can't get the ball back fast enough. Should be another interesting game this year. I expect a good one in Lincoln.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Without your 2 TE who is going to bail Stanley out this year, you have a average wide receiver corps..

No question the teams that stop Iowa from running the ball like last year and put the ball in Stanley hands will have sucess beating Iowa this year...

Keep an eye on Shaun Beyer at TE. Some real good talk by insiders/donors/coaches that he's newest starter next to hit the NFL radar. Three years in the program & needs the opportunity. That being said, they return every other skill player and the nucleus of the O-line. The biggest loss, imo, is Amani Hooker. He was the engineer in that defense & replacing him is going to be hard, but not impossible.

The jury is still out on Chinander. We will see if his defense makes the second year jump like it did at UCF.

With that said, Nebraska is never going to be Wisconsin or Alabama under him. Frost wants his defense to get takeaways and take risks to get the ball back for his offense. With that his defense is going to give up some points and yards. But, the more possessions Martinez gets the better.
That might work for a year maybe 2 but Martinez isn’t going to be there forever, this isn’t the NFL. What’s plan B? Does Harrison Beck have a little brother?

Keep an eye on Shaun Beyer at TE. Some real good talk by insiders/donors/coaches that he's newest starter next to hit the NFL radar. Three years in the program & needs the opportunity. That being said, they return every other skill player and the nucleus of the O-line. The biggest loss, imo, is Amani Hooker. He was the engineer in that defense & replacing him is going to be hard, but not impossible.
Does Iowa have crossover games vs real teams this year?

We play whatever the schedule dishes out to us, the sheer beauty of our schedule is we always get Nebby at the very end of the season and historically you are tired, beat up and hurt by then.

So...you don't know? Isn't the schedule out?

I just checked...you are finishing 5-7 next year.

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
They have Michigan and Penn St back to back weekends..

I don't think Penn State will be as tough as they have been. Without McSorely, anyone's odds will be better. Like Iowa's chnaces at home this year. @ Michigan @ Wisconsin maybe @ Nebraska will be the tall tasks this year.

I don't think Penn State will be as tough as they have been. Without McSorely, anyone's odds will be better. Like Iowa's chnaces at home this year. @ Michigan @ Wisconsin maybe @ Nebraska will be the tall tasks this year.

Don’t forget Northwestern..They have a replacement coming in at QB that was a 5* and he transferred last fall...

Go ahead and over look Iowa St... You’ll regret it..

Love these 9 page threads about how nobody cares about Iowa. I do think Nebraska will be better the next couple of years; big question is if Frost can get the talent to Lincoln to make a jump as well as keeping TM healthy through an entire season with that style of play.

Carry on with your Iowa hate
Talent? You are dumb.

Don’t forget Northwestern..They have a replacement coming in at QB that was a 5* and he transferred last fall...

Go ahead and over look Iowa St... You’ll regret it..

Honestly, I was going to put ISU but didn't think it would get a good response. It was a lose/lose Imo. Yes, @ ISU will be tough, but they did lose a lot of production there.

Not sure about NW. Lost some key defenders & Thorson was a bigger cog in that offense than often given credit for. May have blown their wad with last year's CCG excitement.

False. Mississippi State was ranked #21 to conclude their schedule. They finished #25 in the coaches after Iowa game. Damn good game, too.

Try again, Troy Boy.

Wow, your going to truly pound your chest on ONE SINGLE team that manage to squeak in the top 25 and barely??? You do realize they only got the top 25 because the poll guys are SEC bias right??? But even still, it doesn’t change the fact Iowa always plays cupcakes and that why you guy constantly go 7-6 to 8-5. Play some real teams and let’s see how you do ever year.

Wow, your going to truly pound your chest on ONE SINGLE team that manage to squeak in the top 25 and barely??? You do realize they only got the top 25 because the poll guys are SEC bias right??? But even still, it doesn’t change the fact Iowa always plays cupcakes and that why you guy constantly go 7-6 to 8-5. Play some real teams and let’s see how you do ever year.

Derp. Someone mentioned & was factually incorrect. Now I must realize that its proven 'poll guys' have an SEC bias because a moonbat said so. Again, derp.

They also beat 'real' teams OSU & Michigan in those years.

Are you satisfied living for the spring game & attendance #'s? Attendance #'s are so 90's (go figure). Today's world is about comfort & experience, but UN-L chooses the 14" seat (28" if the fat lady doesn't stand up to reveal she's taken two seats[one being yours, but, ya know, sellout]).

So I ask you, are you satisfied with 4-8 & your new conference not giving d*mn if you're there or not?

You definitely take the cake for the dumbest poster on this board if you really think our Huskers are fine with 4-8?? That’s why Riley got fired. Is it really that hard for you Iowa TARDS to see the mess Frost had and what he had to do in year one?? Every other fan in America outside Iowa sees it and gives Frost MONSTER CREDIT for his turn around. 0-6 first 6 games and then went 4-2 the final 6 games (OSU Buckeyes won by 5 points and it took your Vaunted Iowa SuckEyes a last second field goal to beat us...only two loses the final 6 games).

Frost will have our Huskers going good this season, anyone that TRULY WATCHED the Huskers could see Frost final got the Mike Riley off of the players the final 6 games and that’s why the Huskers are a top 25 preseason team. Even ranked above Iowa in some places.

And I seen the talent question pop up somewhere?? Can we get the talent here, that’s for dam sure. Frost already pulled in a top 24 class when he got hired and then pulled in a top 15 class this last recruiting cycle. I’d say he’s definitely loading the talent up.

Derp. Someone mentioned & was factually incorrect. Now I must realize that its proven 'poll guys' have an SEC bias because a moonbat said so. Again, derp.

They also beat 'real' teams OSU & Michigan in those years.

You disagree??? I’ll set here and wait...answer truthfully. And even still. Your still pounding your chest on ONE TEAM that squeaked in at the end??? You do see how pathetic that is right. Derp
Derp
Derp

What are you, 5??

You definitely take the cake for the dumbest poster on this board if you really think our Huskers are fine with 4-8?? That’s why Riley got fired. Is it really that hard for you Iowa TARDS TO see the mess Frost has and what he has to do in year one?? Every other fan in America outside Iowa sees it and gives Frost MONSTER CREDIT for his turn around. 0-6 first 6 games and then went 4-2 the final 6 games (OSU Buckeyes won by 5 points and it took your Vaunted Iowa SuckEyes a last second field goal to beat us...only two loses the final 6 games).

Frost will have our Huskers going good this season, anyone that TRULY WATCHED the Huskers could see Frost final got the Mike Riley off of the players the final 6 games and that’s why re Huskers are a top 25 preseason team. Even ranked above Iowa in some places.

And I seen the talent question pop up somewhere?? Can we get the talent here, that’s for dam sure. Frost already pulled in a top 24 class when he got hired and then pulled in a top 15 class this last recruiting cycle. I’d say he’s definitely loading the talent up.

Gargle gargle gargle that media semen & bathsalt. You bring nothing of good discussion.

They suck and are boring because they have done the same thing for 20 years. 7-9 wins, No BIG10 titles( well if you don't count the 02 and 04 shared), No NC, will get a bowl game. Wash, rinse, repeat. They are consistently just above average. Their fans eat it up like candy.
We haven’t won in 25 years let that sink in. Why are we bashing on Iowa and Creighton all the time!! So what at least they went Bowling every year. What was our record the last two years 8-15 even Iowa doesn’t have to live with that. It took Woofard beating us to a tournament winless streak in BBall to inspire us to take finally BBall seriously. Running DA Smack at Iowa over how we USE to own them,smells of the same cheese n wine CU and MU and even KU use to run at us when we stomped them. How bout we actually start winning conference titles again before we look like the mouthy punk around the block. I personally don’t give a Rats A— about this made up rivalry. It’s lijke a made up Hilary Russia conspiracy (Story time with Hillary)).. The only Rivalry’s that have meaning is Ones between Chamionship programs like the Nebraska of old and Oklahoma. As of lately we have acted more like we use to be when CU wanted to make us there Rival. And TO acted like an A— and said we don’t consider them a Big Game. Damn I miss those Days.! In the words TF It’s not where I’ve been it’s Where Im Going Pumkin Boy! How bout we Keep our mouths Shut and Let the fat A Sapps of the world gasp for a Breath as we Stomp them into submission. I’m N It’s war Daddy time again!!

And neither do you. So move on to your own board and stop obsessing over our Huskers. And it’s funny, you didn’t respond once. You know I’m right. Just ignored

I didn't read but three words of your tirade. Talk some football or don't respond.

We haven’t won in 25 years let that sink in. Why are we bashing on Iowa and Creighton all the time!! So what at least they went Bowling every year. What was our record the last two years 8-15 even Iowa doesn’t have to live with that. It took Woofard beating us to a tournament winless streak in BBall to inspire us to take finally BBall seriously. Running DA Smack at Iowa over how we USE to own them,smells of the same cheese n wine CU and MU and even KU use to run at us when we stomped them. How bout we actually start winning conference titles again before we look like the mouthy punk around the block. I personally don’t give a Rats A— about this made up rivalry. It’s lijke a made up Hilary Russia conspiracy (Story time with Hillary)).. The only Rivalry’s that have meaning is Ones between Chamionship programs like the Nebraska of old and Oklahoma. As of lately we have acted more like we use to be when CU wanted to make us there Rival. And TO acted like an A— and said we don’t consider them a Big Game. Damn I miss those Days.! In the words TF It’s not where I’ve been it’s Where Im Going Pumkin Boy! How bout we Keep our mouths Shut and Let the fat A Sapps of the world gasp for a Breath as we Stomp them into submission. I’m N It’s war Daddy time again!!
Thats why we aren't talking about the past. We are talking about the future. The past is the past. Frost is here now and Im counting a bright huge future. A future with many BIG10 championships and many years of stomping Iowa to the curb. In fact I am counting on it.

I didn't read but three words of your tirade. Talk some football or don't respond.

I Did, just because you chose not to read because it didn’t fit your bill, doesn’t mean there was no football. But I get it, your an Iowa SuckEye fan and you refuse to see any truth, facts or anything that doesn’t resemble your twisted up, made up fantasy you Iowa fans live in.

Iowa fans= Democrats. Biggest hypocritical bunch on the planet. No Offense to Nebraska Democrats. lol

That they are. This Iowa DBag uses the media thing for his chest pounding on one team that squeaks in the top 25 and then tells me to not use the media BS for my argument. It’s like wow, dudes a dam elementary student at its finest.

Last edited:
That might work for a year maybe 2 but Martinez isn’t going to be there forever, this isn’t the NFL. What’s plan B? Does Harrison Beck have a little brother?

Nope his names called Luke McCaffery. Yep the same blood line that played for Stanford that torched your team in the bowl game. Then we have Smothers coming this year. We have depth, I wouldn’t worry about that any my friend.

Reactions: tyrusraymondcobb
Nope his names called Luke McCaffery. Yep the same blood line that played for Stanford that torched your team in the bowl game. Then we have Smothers coming this year. We have depth, I wouldn’t worry about that any my friend.
Good luck with those bloodlines, btw how did Terry Rodgers work out for you or Tony Davis kid?

Good luck with those bloodlines, btw how did Terry Rodgers work out for you or Tony Davis kid?

Thanks...I’ll more then hang my hat on a McCaffery any day of the week. Rodgers and Davis aren’t the McCafferys. Have fun with your statue QBs, I’ll take the dual threats any day of the week.

But it’s funny. You can use the “Media” for your chest pounding but then tell me to gargle the media crap out??? You Iowa fans and you hypocritical BS is astounding.
Lol grade A
That they are. This Iowa DBag uses the media thing for his chest pounding on one team the squeaks in the top 25 and then tells me to not use the media BS for my argument. It’s like wow, dudes a dam elementary student at its finest.

Oh this is rich. Let's clean it up. Coaches voted them in top 25. Media means UNL's nutpump every year telling everyone how good they ought to be, then the results come in & it's every bit of short. Every. Fricken.
Year. How about winning the B1G out of the gate with commemorative shirts? Tanner Lee the Heisman candidate? Laughing How about 8, 9, 10 wins for Scooter's first run at it? That's the media nutlick referring to. Not polls voted on by coaches or national types.

Lol grade A

Oh this is rich. Let's clean it up. Coaches voted them in top 25. Media means UNL's nutpump every year telling everyone how good they ought to be, then the results come in & it's every bit of short. Every. Fricken.
Year. How about winning the B1G out of the gate with commemorative shirts? Tanner Lee the Heisman candidate? Laughing How about 8, 9, 10 wins for Scooter's first run at it? That's the media nutlick referring to. Not polls voted on by coaches or national types.

Ok, I guess if we are stuck in the past, we can go back a few more years when Bo Pelini and T Martinez was kicking Iowa in the teeth. Or are we only limited to go back to the Riley times??

Exactly one thing we are not going to have to worry about with Frost here is having a great QB and having depth.

Reactions: huskerssalts
McCaffery would probably be a true fresh starter if he was at almost any other BIG10 school, especially Iowa.

With out a doubt. Every thing i been reading on McCaffery and having the play book down faster then Martinez did, hed be Iowa’s starter had he picked there junk school instead. But those McCafferys are to smart to pick Iowa and there boring BS and cup cake loaded schedules.

Reactions: tyrusraymondcobb
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT