ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa/Nebraska Spread Prediction

A used condom?

Illinois had the ball 30 minutes against you guys in Lincoln and committed (5) turnovers and hung 35 points on you and (509) yards. Illinois also had (25) first downs.

Illinois had the ball 31 minutes versus Iowa Saturday in Champaign. Illinois committed (4) turnovers had 11 first downs and (0) points.

This is exhibit A ...See you Friday
I don't think there's any doubt that Iowa's defense is much stouter than Nebraska's. Our hope is that we can pressure Stanley just enough to cause a couple of bad mistakes, and that our offense can put together just enough to eke out a win. We're still not as physical as Iowa, but maybe we can make this one close enough at the end to pull it out. Peace. See you at Kinnick on Friday.

What are the betters thoughts on my situation. Taking emotion out of it. I have a bet on Iowa to win over 7.5 games, which means it comes down to the Husker game. I’ll use $100 as an example. I’d win $76. So I’m thinking on how to hedge my bet alittle. Do I let it ride or take Nebraska +7.5? That way if Nebraska wins, I cover my losses alittle bit, but I have a good sized window to win both bets. What are your thoughts?
I'd worry about taking the points for this reason. I expect Iowa to have a fourth-quarter lead — say three to seven points — and possession. At that point, it will be up to Nebraska's defense to shut down Iowa to get the ball back. However, given our lack of physicality on defense, we could be tired, and if Brian F. doesn't try to get too cute, I could envision Iowa mounting a long, time-consuming drive to extend the lead to two scores with very little time remaining, forcing AM to make plays in the rain and wind, which is a difficult proposition. That spread is a trap. Go Big Red.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Great post, I think Nebraska covers.

I don't think there's any doubt that Iowa's defense is much stouter than Nebraska's. Our hope is that we can pressure Stanley just enough to cause a couple of bad mistakes, and that our offense can put together just enough to eke out a win. We're still not as physical as Iowa, but maybe we can make this one close enough at the end to pull it out. Peace. See you at Kinnick on Friday.

Should be an interesting game. I was a little surprised what a tale of two coaching staffs MSU seemed to be on Saturday. Their D was not fooled at all and just kept on making the right play, then their OC would dial up pass after pass and piss the game away when they had the ball and were having some success running.

Iowa will commit to the ground game I think. Hoping NU can fool their D more than they did MSU. Should have JD back for this game, that will be big.

Yes...more so

giphy.gif

Ho Lee Smokes the Iowa trolls are out en masse.

Iowa may occasionally be the better team, but iowa is several NCs, Conference championships and at least 200 wins shy of being the better program. You Iowa fans sure are slow.

To be clear, this is no history lesson, Iowa needing to win at the highest levels to earn respect from Nebraska fans is all about the future. I fully respect those Iowa teams that ran all over Nebraska in 2016-17. I am indifferent to the Iowa teams that won in 2013 (beat a third string walk on QB) and 2015 (won the game, but not convincingly and was exposed as the original fake id of college football).

Come up with any excuse you can, Iowa has a proud history and is a very respectable program with great tradition. Too bad many, many Iowa fans cannot focus on their own history and traditions. Where Iowa fan goes off the rails is trying to equate an occasionally good to great team to a great program. IF Nebraska were to continue on as a .500 program for 30 more years you can rightfully claim that it is no longer a great program. Army and Minnesota were once great, then went into the average to below average ranks for 50 plus years.

Nebraska 17
Iowa 16

Lots of money on Iowa

Every here pointing out how bad Iowa is should surely be rich after this game - just have to stay with 10 points.
Heck, I’m even contemplating Nebraska +10. Crappy weather seems to me that it’s gonna be close.

Lots of money on Iowa

Everyone here pointing out how bad Iowa is should surely be rich after this game - just have to stay with 10 points.
All I see are Iowa trolls guaranteeing a blowout victory. Focus on those, that should make you happy.

Iowa may be as good heading into Black Friday on defense as any point in the season though. Injuries at LB and CB dinged Iowa at critical points in 2018.

After all, they entered 2018, without four returning LBs (three starters) and they lost one starter in spring.

The strength is front two units of DLine. Two sophomores may be as good as any of the eight, in #94 DE A.J. Epenesa and DE/situational #57 DT Chauncey Gholston.

The young Iowa players are playing well, especially at CB, after injured starting CBs returned to action after sustaining injuries against Wisconsin or heading into October.

From Minnesota to the loss against Purdue, Iowa started two true freshmen at CB, due to injury.

The two original CBs played very well on Saturday. #8 Matt Hankins is Iowa's best CB, as a true sophomore. True freshman #20 Julius Brents is going to be a very good one, as well.

Black Friday should be a great chess match. Iowa has won four of five, but lone loss was 2014 at Kinnick. Iowa beat Nebraska in 1981 and in 2017.

I have never witnessed Iowa beat Nebraska on TV in Kinnick. I will be in Omaha for this one. Lurk

Happy week of Thanksgiving everyone.

Your d-line is the strength of your team. Not impressed with cornerbacks or linebackers. I hope the Huskers can block your linemen and keep your rushing under 150. If so, It will be a good day for Huskers. I want Stanley to have to beat the Huskers. I don't think he can do it.

Public money is dumb :)

May the record show I dont give 2 squirts if we beat you by 10,9,8 or 1. A W is W, I just wanted the correct info available.

Last edited:
Isnt it suppose to rain later in the day Friday? Im just hoping the worst of it misses the game. If not. Oh well. We neec to learn how to deal with the elements.

I think we win though.

35-21

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT