ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa/Nebraska Spread Prediction

I also realize that anytime iowa has played any competition this year, they've been tossed to the side like a used condom.
Iowa lead in the fourth quarter of all four games they have lost. That’s not the picture you’re trying to paint.

I also realize that anytime iowa has played any competition this year, they've been tossed to the side like a used condom.

A used condom?

Illinois had the ball 30 minutes against you guys in Lincoln and committed (5) turnovers and hung 35 points on you and (509) yards. Illinois also had (25) first downs.

Illinois had the ball 31 minutes versus Iowa Saturday in Champaign. Illinois committed (4) turnovers had 11 first downs and (0) points.

This is exhibit A ...See you Friday

Reactions: kwicasso
Are there Husker fans on the Hawkeye boards acting like idiots the same as Hawkeye fans are here? I sure hope no!

Reactions: headcard
If Iowa does not win this one, I think it’s going to be a while before they beat the huskers.
Either way, it's going to be a while before they beat the huskers. This will probably be the only time they will be favored in the Scott Frost era. I already feel sorry for them because, well, they're Iowa, but reading their posts on this board makes it even worse because you can see that they realize the end of their magical run is just about over, and they won't have anything to do after that, except act like k-state fans. Poor poor Iowegians.

Either way, it's going to be a while before they beat the huskers. This will probably be the only time they will be favored in the Scott Frost era. I already feel sorry for them because, well, they're Iowa, but reading their posts on this board makes it even worse because you can see that they realize the end of their magical run is just about over, and they won't have anything to do after that, except act like k-state fans. Poor poor Iowegians.
Iowa will have more starters returning than Nebraska next year FWIW.

Babble way too much. Hypotheticals are cute but not real life.

Meaning people (Husker fans) think this is the only year Iowa has a chance to beat mighty Frost. I don’t see anything changing for next year.
You'll have a chance next year, but it will be a lot less likely, even with more returning starters. You'll still have KF, a good defense, and an offense that is hit n miss. That won't change. A full year of learning the system and another off-season of a real weight room program is going to do a lot of good for NU. Depth will still be an issue for NU, but by the end of the year, we are going to be pretty salty, even on defense. Each year your chances will diminish, but they will never be zero, so there's that.

Reactions: Bold Words
You'll have a chance next year, but it will be a lot less likely, even with more returning starters. You'll still have KF, a good defense, and an offense that is hit n miss. That won't change. A full year of learning the system and another off-season of a real weight room program is going to do a lot of good for NU. Depth will still be an issue for NU, but by the end of the year, we are going to be pretty salty, even on defense. Each year your chances will diminish, but they will never be zero, so there's that.
Only “a chance” huh? I guess that’s more rational than others opinions I’ve read.

I will say that Nebraska is gonna lose quite a bit offensively. What are the chances Spielman goes pro? What does Nebraska lose on defense?

Reactions: E.RogerCoswell
As an Iowa fan I have said the past few weeks I think your frosh QB is the most dangerous QB in the league. Your 2 wideouts are also exceptional. I would give Iowa an advantage on both lines and a big advantage with 2 exceptional tight ends. Should be a good game with a contrast in styles.

Lincoln100 is clairvoyant? Who knew ... You better get some lineman before next years game if you want to beat Iowa. You should be using your powers for good and not wasting time on a stupid message board.

Only “a chance” huh? I guess that’s more rational than others opinions I’ve read.

I will say that Nebraska is gonna lose quite a bit offensively. What are the chances Spielman goes pro? What does Nebraska lose on defense?

Worth noting: Offense 1) I don't think Spielman is going anywhere. 2) Lose our center which may sting if we don't get Bland. 3) Ozigbo and Morgan being gone does suck, those guys are good, but having AM with a year under his belt, well, he's already one of the best QB's in the BIG. Have a stud Freshman RB in Washington who, with another 20 pounds, is going to be scary. Defense 1) lose a NG who was not bad, but not great. Lose a decent safety in Reed and Gifford who is a good LB, but not a lot leaving from the D as far as I am concerned. Talent will be better on D.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Lincoln100 is clairvoyant? Who knew ... You better get some lineman before next years game if you want to beat Iowa. You should be using your powers for good and not wasting time on a stupid message board.
Both lines will be better. I use them for good every day, including helping those on a stupid message board.

Worth noting: Offense 1) I don't think Spielman is going anywhere. 2) Lose our center which may sting if we don't get Bland. 3) Ozigbo and Morgan being gone does suck, those guys are good, but having AM with a year under his belt, well, he's already one of the best QB's in the BIG. Have a stud Freshman RB in Washington who, with another 20 pounds, is going to be scary. Defense 1) lose a NG who was not bad, but not great. Lose a decent safety in Reed and Gifford who is a good LB, but not a lot leaving from the D as far as I am concerned. Talent will be better on D.
What NG do we lose?

Both lines will be better. I use them for good every day, including helping those on a stupid message board.

What evidence supports your prediction that both lines will be better? Please enlighten us ... I don’t think everyone on here believes in your abilities to see into the future like I do ;-)

If anyone would know about getting curb stomped by Iowa, it would be Buckey. Urb and his minions already have “Bottom-tier scum of the BIG” in the bag, so try again.

He’s (maybe it’s) the same poster who continues to recycle himself every time he gets a screen name banned. 4 posts starting today. This is probably screen name 20+. Considering how much time he has to create new screen names, and post here, he’s probably still living in his parents basement. When he’s not trolling the Nebraska board he’s probably on another site bragging about all the hot girls he’s slept with, when in reality the closest he’s ever been to a vagina is the HBO movie he ripped from his neighbors subscription.

The healthy version of Stanley earlier this season was still barely above average. This kid's NFL stock has dropped significantly.

His game against penn st is the worst I've ever seen a guy who gets draft pub play.

His game against penn st is the worst I've ever seen a guy who gets draft pub play.

Yes and Iowa still should have won at the end.

He has potential to be really good but consistantcy hasn’t been there yet. The OSU game last year is the antithesis of the PSU game this year.

I’m going to guess Iowa curb stomps nebby back to reality. They are bottom tier scum of the B1G
Lol says the guy with one of the most sleeziest coaches in America go back to watching out for the assistant coaches wives. I heard Columbus is a dangerous place for them

Lol says the guy with one of the most sleeziest coaches in America go back to watching out for the assistant coaches wives. I heard Columbus is a dangerous place for them

He's an Iowa troll with a misleading name. Pay him no mind. Ohio State fans don't give two sh*ts about Nebraska. Especially not this week.

Handle what? Talking a big game with no substance to back it up? That's your problem.

3-0, 114-44 the past three meetings? That's the reality, pal.
Reality is that you're a loser who lives on an opposing teams board.

Handle what? Talking a big game with no substance to back it up? That's your problem.

3-0, 114-44 the past three meetings? That's the reality, pal.

So when Nebraska wins, I guess we get to restart the clock and you can no longer tout your three wins. Is that how it works? Just trying to understand the rules so we get it right.

So when Nebraska wins, I guess we get to restart the clock and you can no longer tout your three wins. Is that how it works? Just trying to understand the rules so we get it right.

Nope - you'll have earned the win, but sure as hell won't go running around yelling 'we're gon' kick yer ass just you wait & see. Wait for this or that to happen' ....because talk is cheap.

Last edited:
Nope - you'll have earned the win, but sure as hell won't go running around yelling 'we're gon' kick yer ass just you wait & see. Wait for this or that to happen' ....because talk is cheap.
Yet, that's all you do, is live over here and talk. You really need a new hobby.

What are the betters thoughts on my situation. Taking emotion out of it. I have a bet on Iowa to win over 7.5 games, which means it comes down to the Husker game. I’ll use $100 as an example. I’d win $76. So I’m thinking on how to hedge my bet alittle. Do I let it ride or take Nebraska +7.5? That way if Nebraska wins, I cover my losses alittle bit, but I have a good sized window to win both bets. What are your thoughts?

I don't really like to hedge bets and in this case you kind of have it anyway with the 7.5 spread. If Iowa wins, but doesn't cover, you still win your season bet. If you think Iowa will cover, I wouldn't bet Nebraska just to hedge another bet. JMO

What are the betters thoughts on my situation. Taking emotion out of it. I have a bet on Iowa to win over 7.5 games, which means it comes down to the Husker game. I’ll use $100 as an example. I’d win $76. So I’m thinking on how to hedge my bet alittle. Do I let it ride or take Nebraska +7.5? That way if Nebraska wins, I cover my losses alittle bit, but I have a good sized window to win both bets. What are your thoughts?

Have to ask but the 7.5 is just the regular season correct..

If not I don’t think Iowa is going to win both..

Beat Nebraska, probably have to play Washington in the Holiday.

Loss to Nebraska, probably the Red Box bowl against Oregon.

Either bowl game will much tougher and unlikely Iowa would be favored than last years Pinstrip bowl against Pitt.

Have to ask but the 7.5 is just the regular season correct..

If not I don’t think Iowa is going to win both..

Beat Nebraska, probably have to play Washington in the Holiday.

Loss to Nebraska, probably the Red Box bowl against Oregon.

Either bowl game will much tougher and unlikely Iowa would be favored than last years Pinstrip bowl against Pitt.
Just regular season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT