ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa/Nebraska Spread Prediction

You'll have a chance next year, but it will be a lot less likely, even with more returning starters. You'll still have KF, a good defense, and an offense that is hit n miss. That won't change. A full year of learning the system and another off-season of a real weight room program is going to do a lot of good for NU. Depth will still be an issue for NU, but by the end of the year, we are going to be pretty salty, even on defense. Each year your chances will diminish, but they will never be zero, so there's that.
Not to mention their best player (from Nebraska no less) will be in the NFL.

Go ahead boys, keep banging that drum. Maybe in 2-3 years you can get to 7 or 8 wins.

Maybe, and if so, we will be disappointed. More likely 11 or 12 or 13. That’s the difference between us. You already know you will be at 7 or 8, and you love it. We want more and expect more. That’s why Iowa sucks. You are perfectly comfortable with average.

Celebr8!!

Maybe, and if so, we will be disappointed. More likely 11 or 12 or 13. That’s the difference between us. You already know you will be at 7 or 8, and you love it. We want more and expect more. That’s why Iowa sucks. You are perfectly comfortable with average.

Celebr8!!
Right, that’s why Iowa has a hard time selling out games. Because we fans are fine with losing 4-6 games a year. This argument is so tired and quite frankly, dumb. Venture to our board after a loss and any smart person would come away realizing we aren’t happy losing 4 games.

Right, that’s why Iowa has a hard time selling out games. Because we fans are fine with losing 4-6 games a year. This argument is so tired and quite frankly, dumb. Venture to our board after a loss and any smart person would come away realizing we aren’t happy losing 4 games.
Happy Thanksgiving, SW!

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Hawkeye fans better enjoy this run they’re on because it’s going to flip in a big way. But unfortunately it won’t flip for 3 more years.

I hate to say it but Iowa wins big this year. Next couple of years we’ll play them closer though.

Iowa 48
Nebraska 24

Your d-line is the strength of your team. Not impressed with cornerbacks or linebackers. I hope the Huskers can block your linemen and keep your rushing under 150. If so, It will be a good day for Huskers. I want Stanley to have to beat the Huskers. I don't think he can do it.

I like CB Matt Hankins, the true sophomore out of Texas. Injury impacted his season and he appears to be getting back in sync, as the regular season closes. He should be solid.

Junior Michael Ojemuda is an engineering student. Bright guy, but his light hasn't gone on, until recently. True freshman Julius Brents from Indiana is a good athlete and Phil Parker, who took a season off in 2012, as DB coach, has really liked this young man, since his arrival earlier this year.

Experience is what is lacking. Asking a true freshman Riley Moss, who went from blueshirt to scholarship over the Summer was too much. He is solid on special teams. Good athlete. Iowa has been a work in progress all season.

Iowa's linebackers have been injured this season and asking a redshirt freshman to step up, well he did very well in 13-3 win over Iowa State. Are the Cyclones rated?

As Sam McKewon of World Herald shares, "Iowa had to replace all of its top linebackers from last season, but the Hawkeyes are getting serviceable play from" them.

However, Iowa's top performer in the back seven is junior S/OLB Amani Hooker. Oddly, no mention in the World Hearld "Iowa at a glance" section.

Iowa among NCAA leaders with 17 picks. Iowa has 31 sacks, which leads Hawkeye fans to great disappointment, since despite the Hawkeyes talent .... it hasn't paid dividends with close losses.

"Iowa hasn't quite soared" this year, as the sub headline is printed in today's issue of the newspaper.

1. Iowa
  2. Ohio State
  3. Nebraska
  4. Michigan State
The pecking order could move in Week 12, with the favorites falling. Like Nebraska in 2018, Iowa was 1-1 last year vs. those opponents.

I was at the 1981 and 2016 Iowa wins at Kinnick. Tomorrow, I will watch another one from Omaha. In my lifetime, I have never witnessed a win at Kinnick from a TV.

The 2014 game was the last one I watched. We all know how that closed out.

It should be a very competitive game tomorrow from Kinnick Stadium.

Scott Frost was the right hire for the Huskers. True freshman QB Adrian Martinez has a bright, bright future.

However, I see junior QB Nate Stanley, the Iowa offense, defense and special teams in this one.

Iowa will need to force turnovers, miscues and penalties. If Martinez and the Huskers keep it close, the 1979 game comes to mind more than the 1981 game.

Iowa lost five of the first six from 1979, and now Hawkeyes are seeking to flip it to five of last six currently.

Reactions: red scowl

What argument? And why would I ever waste my time hanging out on another teams board? You guys come over to this board and, most of you, run your mouths. It’s funny as hell. Iowa has accomplished so little. They will never be serious contender for the playoffs. Yet so many of you talk and talk and talk. You are a perennial middle of the BIG team. Based off of your very mundane existence in the world of college football, and with how awesome your posters think you guys are, I just assumed your fan base loves being blah.

Reactions: SOHusker11
What argument? And why would I ever waste my time hanging out on another teams board? You guys come over to this board and, most of you, run your mouths. It’s funny as hell. Iowa has accomplished so little. They will never be serious contender for the playoffs. Yet so many of you talk and talk and talk. You are a perennial middle of the BIG team. Based off of your very mundane existence in the world of college football, and with how awesome your posters think you guys are, I just assumed your fan base loves being blah.
Which is the difference between you and a smart person, you just assume based on your own bias. Smart people have bias’ but like to confirm their bias by educating themselves.

I challenge you to educate yourself if Nebraska wins tomorrow. It takes two clicks to go watch our boards in full meltdown mode wanting Kirk and our AD booted. Our boards are very similar after losses. We aren’t so different, you and I.

I think we can all agree that Iowa is a good program with the occasional good to really good team while Nebraska is a great program that has not been better than average or slightly above average since 2001.

Hopefully Iowa fan never knows what it’s like to win 4, 5 or 8 in a row. Regardless enjoy Thanksgiving and enjoy the close to another college football season.

Salute....

When it rains it pours!!!!! Brian Ferentz puts on a clinic against garbage NU defense. Their garbage now makes a couple nice 10 yard passes and scrambles for a couple first downs but ends up getting destroyed

When it rains it pours!!!!! Brian Ferentz puts on a clinic against garbage NU defense. Their garbage now makes a couple nice 10 yard passes and scrambles for a couple first downs but ends up getting destroyed
A Brian Farentz clinic. There wouldn’t be a coach in America hard up enough to attend that.

I like CB Matt Hankins, the true sophomore out of Texas. Injury impacted his season and he appears to be getting back in sync, as the regular season closes. He should be solid.

Junior Michael Ojemuda is an engineering student. Bright guy, but his light hasn't gone on, until recently. True freshman Julius Brents from Indiana is a good athlete and Phil Parker, who took a season off in 2012, as DB coach, has really liked this young man, since his arrival earlier this year.

Experience is what is lacking. Asking a true freshman Riley Moss, who went from blueshirt to scholarship over the Summer was too much. He is solid on special teams. Good athlete. Iowa has been a work in progress all season.

Iowa's linebackers have been injured this season and asking a redshirt freshman to step up, well he did very well in 13-3 win over Iowa State. Are the Cyclones rated?

As Sam McKewon of World Herald shares, "Iowa had to replace all of its top linebackers from last season, but the Hawkeyes are getting serviceable play from" them.

However, Iowa's top performer in the back seven is junior S/OLB Amani Hooker. Oddly, no mention in the World Hearld "Iowa at a glance" section.

Iowa among NCAA leaders with 17 picks. Iowa has 31 sacks, which leads Hawkeye fans to great disappointment, since despite the Hawkeyes talent .... it hasn't paid dividends with close losses.

"Iowa hasn't quite soared" this year, as the sub headline is printed in today's issue of the newspaper.

1. Iowa
  2. Ohio State
  3. Nebraska
  4. Michigan State
The pecking order could move in Week 12, with the favorites falling. Like Nebraska in 2018, Iowa was 1-1 last year vs. those opponents.

I was at the 1981 and 2016 Iowa wins at Kinnick. Tomorrow, I will watch another one from Omaha. In my lifetime, I have never witnessed a win at Kinnick from a TV.

The 2014 game was the last one I watched. We all know how that closed out.

It should be a very competitive game tomorrow from Kinnick Stadium.

Scott Frost was the right hire for the Huskers. True freshman QB Adrian Martinez has a bright, bright future.

However, I see junior QB Nate Stanley, the Iowa offense, defense and special teams in this one.

Iowa will need to force turnovers, miscues and penalties. If Martinez and the Huskers keep it close, the 1979 game comes to mind more than the 1981 game.

Iowa lost five of the first six from 1979, and now Hawkeyes are seeking to flip it to five of last six currently.
What a bunch of pointless, random rambling. We get it, you like creighton and iowa. Now go away.

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
I made money today, anyone else? Taking Nebraska -7 was a steal much less at -10. I even win my team loses, life is good.

No, you don't get it.
  1. Creighton
  2. Iowa
  3. and, Nebraska
It was a fabulous game, Iowa pulled out both the 1981 and 2018 games at Kinnick by 3. Unlike, 1979 and 2014 that went to the Huskers.

Next week, on to basketball ....
Go away. Your dumb articles blow. Oh I forgot to add no one cares.

Reactions: headcard
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT