ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa game prediction

At the end of the game, we'll marvel at how Iowa scored 27 points against us with only 195 yards of total offense.
  • A Jones PR or KOR for either a TD or to set up a short TD drive for Iowa (no more than 40 yards total offense).
  • A Tory Taylor punt downed inside the NU 5-yard line, followed by a shanked NU punt that sets up another short-field TD for Iowa (another 40 yards total offense).
  • A couple of longish Sam LaPorta and Keagan Johnson receptions that lead to 50-yard FGs by Caleb Shudak (6 points on about 50 yards total offense), the last with no time remaining on the clock, after which Shudak drops his drawers and moons Scott Frost.
  • A scoop-and-score by Jack Campbell off a Nebraska fumble.
  • The other 10 Iowa offensive possessions will result in about 50-60 yards total offense, but they won't turn the ball over.
And we'll marvel at how we could score only 26 on 423 yards of total offense.
  • Three turnovers (one fumble and two interceptions).
  • An Iowa stop inside their 10-yard line turns the ball over on downs.
  • Poor return game forces the offense to have to go at least 75 yards on every possession.
  • Two missed PATs.
Same song. Ninth verse.
We're so close

• Haha
Reactions: cheddarwurst69
This rivalry went from “eff you, you bunch of hog bangers” to majorities from each fan base picking the OTHER team to win. Just thought that was interesting. Also, Nebraskans bang hogs :)
Look....I appreciate it but you cannot understand our god-like ability to get into a winning position and piss it away.

I think they could get curb stomped by Iowa or curb stomp Iowa; Nebraska’s off season narrative will be what you mentioned above regardless of what happens Friday.
Both teams have too good of defenses to curb stomp anybody this late in the season. I gove the bonus to Nebraska as their offense moves the ball much better than Iowa does.

• Haha
Reactions: cheddarwurst69
We will have the ball at the end of the 4th and be down by 2...with 3 seconds left we will try a FG from like 35 yards out and we will screw up the hold and kick it into a lineman's ass.

That's a lock, place bets now.
How original. Great post OP. (that's NOT what she said)

How do we find a way to lose this game? Let me count the ways. Four turnovers, getting a blocked field goal or punt returned for a TO, if the wind is blowing and Franke can't get the ball through the endzone, us not converting on multiple fourth downs in the red zone, each kickoff in to the wind coming back to at least the 40 with probably one well into our territory if not returned for a TO, Iowa probably inexplicably will have their best rushing yardage of the year with most of it being YAC, and DE or OLB not setting the edge on bootleg runs or misdirection end-arounds. I think it ends the same as 8 other games have ended. Can't say I am disappointed to be working this Friday --- and I am always disappointed to be working.

Nebraska vs. Iowa on Black Friday in Lincoln!

Can Iowa finish the 2021 season a game better than 2020?

The Hawkeyes are 6-2, like last year in the Big Ten.

However, Scott Frost is getting another year at the helm. I agree with Trev. Like Iowa in 1974-1978, give the coach five years. In Frost's case, it may be 6?

Progress hasn't been seen in Ws in 2021, but even Vegas sees Nebraska a 4 point favorite over Iowa this week. Proof, Nebraska has improved, compared to 2017 and Mike Riley.

Odds actually favor the Huskers on Friday.

This is a tall hurdle for Iowa this week.

Iowa won their first game in the series in Lincoln (2013), since Nebraska joined the Big Ten, back in 2011.

It has been over ten years now!

Since the years of Nebraska-Colorado during those Big 12 days, while celebrating Thanksgiving in Omaha.

Fitting Iowa will be likely starting a QB from the state of Colorado, right?

The Heroes Trophy Game is played each Black Friday now.

Iowa actually picked up their first win in Lincoln.

They have only one loss in the series there, compared to the two losses in Kinnick. I thought next year would be more likely for Iowa State and Nebraska in Kinnick.

I am less sure now, about Iowa in Lincoln.

Both fan bases have been frustrated with play calling in 2021. Near epic.

Something has got to give in this one in Week 13.

I have 51 points and Iowa at 10-2 in this year's pool.

Feel better about the 51, then the 10-2 right now, in how each team has been playing lately.

Then again, Iowa is on a three game winning streak right now. But, Nebraska is awful hungry for a W on Senior Day.

Both teams are banged up at this point in the season.

I hope Derek is right, I kind want to finish 10-2.

Heroes Week!

Nebraska vs. Iowa on Black Friday in Lincoln!

Can Iowa finish the 2021 season a game better than 2020?

The Hawkeyes are 6-2, like last year in the Big Ten.

However, Scott Frost is getting another year at the helm. I agree with Trev. Like Iowa in 1974-1978, give the coach five years. In Frost's case, it may be 6?

Progress hasn't been seen in Ws in 2021, but even Vegas sees Nebraska a 4 point favorite over Iowa this week. Proof, Nebraska has improved, compared to 2017 and Mike Riley.

Odds actually favor the Huskers on Friday.

This is a tall hurdle for Iowa this week.

Iowa won their first game in the series in Lincoln (2013), since Nebraska joined the Big Ten, back in 2011.

It has been over ten years now!

Since the years of Nebraska-Colorado during those Big 12 days, while celebrating Thanksgiving in Omaha.

Fitting Iowa will be likely starting a QB from the state of Colorado, right?

The Heroes Trophy Game is played each Black Friday now.

Iowa actually picked up their first win in Lincoln.

They have only one loss in the series there, compared to the two losses in Kinnick. I thought next year would be more likely for Iowa State and Nebraska in Kinnick.

I am less sure now, about Iowa in Lincoln.

Both fan bases have been frustrated with play calling in 2021. Near epic.

Something has got to give in this one in Week 13.

I have 51 points and Iowa at 10-2 in this year's pool.

Feel better about the 51, then the 10-2 right now, in how each team has been playing lately.

Then again, Iowa is on a three game winning streak right now. But, Nebraska is awful hungry for a W on Senior Day.

Both teams are banged up at this point in the season.

I hope Derek is right, I kind want to finish 10-2.

Heroes Week!
Derek is in the top 10 hottest chicks in iowa

We have lost to a team made up of banjo players from the film Deliverence for 6 straight years. It doesn't seem to make Nebraska mad or embarrased, so 7 in a row it is. They must enjoy losing to inbreds or something. No other way to explain it except maybe for the poor coaching and losing culture that Nebraska has become over the years. Which actually does explain it.
It's always hilarious when husker fans and citizens of Nebraska consider themselves so much more cultured and urban compared to Iowa and its fan base. Outside of Omaha and Lincoln the state of Nebraska is full of small town rednecks with Cheeto fingers slamming away on their keyboard from their parents basement.

It's always hilarious when husker fans and citizens of Nebraska consider themselves so much more cultured and urban compared to Iowa and its fan base. Outside of Omaha and Lincoln the state of Nebraska is full of small town rednecks with Cheeto fingers slamming away on their keyboard from their parents basement.
you took time to create a username on a nebraska message board to post this message. Ok, I guess.

NU will roll now with Smothers instead of Martinez. Remember. How well things went with Vedral. Fitting the Martinez era goes out with a whimper vs a bang.
Maybe we will get to see the offense finally in its purest form? Smother's might not have the arm, but love his speed and he seems to make quick decisions. Hopefully he does well.

NU will roll now with Smothers instead of Martinez. Remember. How well things went with Vedral. Fitting the Martinez era goes out with a whimper vs a bang.
Adrian is your best player. Without him, we may do the unthinkable and win 7 in a row from the huskers.

Being down by 10 at your own 25 yard line with 1:45 to go in the game is "in position" to beat someone.
Sure, it is possible, but far from being in position to win.
Add to that that Illinois last TD came against Iowa's second team defense as the starters were all pulled when it was 33-16. AM is out, which I am not convinced is a bad thing, and I still don't think Frost is a good coach, so I have it close because every Iowa game is essentially close, but Iowa winning 27-24

Looks pretty damn good. Averages 260 ypg passing and 47 yards rushing, over 300 ypg.

Adrian Martinez

https://huskers.com/sports/football/roster/adrian-martinez/42846

» Maxwell Award Watch List (2019, 2020, 2021)
» Unitas Golden Arm Watch List (2021)
» Manning Award Watch List (2019, 2020, 2021)

Nebraska Records
» Career Total Offense Yards (10,792)
» Career Completions (670)
» Career 300-Yard Total Offense Games (19)
» Career 400-Yard Total Offense Games (5)
» Career 250-Yard Passing Games (16)

At the end of the game, we'll marvel at how Iowa scored 27 points against us with only 195 yards of total offense.
  • A Jones PR or KOR for either a TD or to set up a short TD drive for Iowa (no more than 40 yards total offense).
  • A Tory Taylor punt downed inside the NU 5-yard line, followed by a shanked NU punt that sets up another short-field TD for Iowa (another 40 yards total offense).
  • A couple of longish Sam LaPorta and Keagan Johnson receptions that lead to 50-yard FGs by Caleb Shudak (6 points on about 50 yards total offense), the last with no time remaining on the clock, after which Shudak drops his drawers and moons Scott Frost.
  • A scoop-and-score by Jack Campbell off a Nebraska fumble.
  • The other 10 Iowa offensive possessions will result in about 50-60 yards total offense, but they won't turn the ball over.
And we'll marvel at how we could score only 26 on 423 yards of total offense.
  • Three turnovers (one fumble and two interceptions).
  • An Iowa stop inside their 10-yard line turns the ball over on downs.
  • Poor return game forces the offense to have to go at least 75 yards on every possession.
  • Two missed PATs.
Same song. Ninth verse.
this guy knows Iowa football.

Reactions: Flick2.0
What would the Hawkeyes’ record be against this schedule: @Illinois (W), Fordham (W), Buffalo (W), @Oklahoma (L), @MSU (L), Northwestern (W), Michigan (L), @Minnesota (W, maybe) Purdue (L), Ohio State (L), @Wisconsin (L). 5-6 or 4-7?
That looks about right to me, except I really think we would have beaten MSU.

Reactions: 9and4
That looks about right to me, except I really think we would have beaten MSU.
On that night, maybe so. Nebraska was in total control until the special teams mess up, a blunder Iowa would not have committed. So at 6-5 with that schedule, would Iowa fans be happy? I live among you, and my sense is that many would be pleased, but the anti-Kirk crowd would be looking to move on from a 66-year-old head coach.

On that night, maybe so. Nebraska was in total control until the special teams mess up, a blunder Iowa would not have committed. So at 6-5 with that schedule, would Iowa fans be happy? I live among you, and my sense is that many would be pleased, but the anti-Kirk crowd would be looking to move on from a 66-year-old head coach.

There is a segment on the Iowa board that has had “Ferentz fatigue” for awhile now, For me I just think Iowa is still a pretty darn young team, The O-line seems to be making some strides the last couple of weeks and the D-line has been pretty solid against the run but has been lacking in the pass rush aspect. Record wise Iowa exceeded what I thought before the season, I feel Iowa is set up to be pretty solid in 22 and 23.

Reactions: evashevsky58
There is a segment on the Iowa board that has had “Ferentz fatigue” for awhile now, For me I just think Iowa is still a pretty darn young team, The O-line seems to be making some strides the last couple of weeks and the D-line has been pretty solid against the run but has been lacking in the pass rush aspect. Record wise Iowa exceeded what I thought before the season, I feel Iowa is set up to be pretty solid in 22 and 23.

Iowa was young, top 5, in 2020, and only 16 seniors on Senior Day, with some players who can return. Junior dominated team, and a huge number were going through first Spring practice, in Junior Class for Hawkeyes.

I’ve always thought Adrian’s skill set was a tough matchup for Iowa. He has made some big times plays in the Iowa game, nearly bringing them back to victory his frosh year. I’m glad Iowa doesn’t have to play against AM this year.

I suppose it’s no surprise why so many iowa fans come to this board to talk football as the iowa homeboard is a Nebraska hate circle jerk 24/7 365. Glad we can accommodate iowa fans over here with a respectful back and fourth.

Looks pretty damn good. Averages 260 ypg passing and 47 yards rushing, over 300 ypg.

Adrian Martinez

https://huskers.com/sports/football/roster/adrian-martinez/42846

» Maxwell Award Watch List (2019, 2020, 2021)
» Unitas Golden Arm Watch List (2021)
» Manning Award Watch List (2019, 2020, 2021)

Nebraska Records
» Career Total Offense Yards (10,792)
» Career Completions (670)
» Career 300-Yard Total Offense Games (19)
» Career 400-Yard Total Offense Games (5)
» Career 250-Yard Passing Games (16)
When you pull all the good stats he looks unbeatable, it's the awe shitz he provides that ruins the good. if I told you he was awesome, you'd pull the stats showing he screws up at critical moments. It's a double edge sword that can be played either way.

You know....before the year I was thinking that maybe we could get to 9 wins. So, I would have been upset with 6-5....especially with the schedule we had (The Huskers would have KILLED it with our schedule). But, it's tough because so many years feel like this. I mean, we could have 10+ wins and this year feels like a failure on some levels. That is INSANE!!!!

Reactions: 9and4
I suppose it’s no surprise why so many iowa fans come to this board to talk football as the iowa homeboard is a Nebraska hate circle jerk 24/7 365. Glad we can accommodate iowa fans over here with a respectful back and fourth.
Honestly Rubrum, I know there are bad posters on our board that go after the Huskers, but most of us are not that way. Many reserve their blind hate for the Gopher, Wisconsin or like myself-Illinois. LOL!! I personally would love nothing better then to see the Huskers return to glory and have our end of the year game be for the division. That would be EPIC as a Hawk fan. The West NEEDS the Huskers to be the Huskers to balance out of the freaking (yes, I know it is deserved) love that the East gets.

Reactions: wkato
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT