ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa game prediction

3-9 This yr for sure. We'll be lucky to have half a team healthy enough to play, and all Iowa has to do is wait for us to give them points and TO's. What a terrible way to send all the seniors out who came back to turn it around.

Who did we lose today?

Reactions: pahusker139
As an Iowa fan, I can say with a 100% confidence NU destroys them in 6 days. Iowas D-Line gets no pressure, our OC might be the worst in the nation, and our receivers can't catch the ball. Iowa has played no one and not sure what their best win would even be at this point. My prediction is....NU 45 Iowa 10.
That would require Nebraska to take advantage. We don't do taking advantage of, it's just not right..

I predict that the team will beat Iowa - and just like beating Rutgers last season - we will hear for an entire offseason about the “new” Scott Frost, how he is evolving and how next season is going to be the one.
Stupid comment. There's a new OC coming so things will evolve by default.

Iowa will win on a last second FG. Enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend doing something else.

As an Iowa fan, I can say with a 100% confidence NU destroys them in 6 days. Iowas D-Line gets no pressure, our OC might be the worst in the nation, and our receivers can't catch the ball. Iowa has played no one and not sure what their best win would even be at this point. My prediction is....NU 45 Iowa 10.
You have almost twice as many posts on here vs the Iowa board. I think you're not a fan of either team and just really weird.

We have lost to a team made up of banjo players from the film Deliverence for 6 straight years. It doesn't seem to make Nebraska mad or embarrased, so 7 in a row it is. They must enjoy losing to inbreds or something. No other way to explain it except maybe for the poor coaching and losing culture that Nebraska has become over the years. Which actually does explain it.

We have lost to a team made up of banjo players from the film Deliverence for 6 straight years. It doesn't seem to make Nebraska mad or embarrased, so 7 in a row it is. They must enjoy losing to inbreds or something. No other way to explain it except maybe for the poor coaching and losing culture that Nebraska has become over the years. Which actually does explain it.

This is a very mature, adult and useful post.

Total offense prediction:
Nebraska 415
Iowa 186

Final Score prediction:
Nebraska 20
Iowa 21

Iowa scored 33 points on 255 yards yesterday against a crap defense.
Nebraska scored 28 points on 452 yards agains the nation's best defense.

Iowa and Iowans are boring, but they win against bad teams. We're a bad team.

A couple of games ago I didn't think we had a chance vs the Hawkeyes. I'm now optimistic we can actually beat them.

You're probably spot on. Although I'd suggest a couple of games ago I thought the same, and I don't think much has changed for ether team. Iowa offensive line has improved. Iowa's slightly improved. And Iowa's defense has some injuries. Iowa's defense, although very good, can be schemed against. Several teams have dome it this year, most unsuccessfully, but some very successfully. If it doesn't come down to special teams and mistakes, Nebraska will be right there.

I share the same sentiment as other Husker fans here. We will lose by a field goal or Touchdown. Probably as in past years in the final moments. I’m sure they will come to play like they did against Wisconsin but it won’t be enough. We are a terrible program because we can’t take care of the little details and we constantly shoot ourselves in the foot.

The same problems of our program will manifest itself. It is who this program and team is:

Special Teams will fail miserably and allow a big play for Iowa. AM will turn the ball over at a crucial time. Defense will break at a crucial time. Iowa wins…again! It really sucks.

• Sad
Reactions: Frozone and 9and4
At the end of the game, we'll marvel at how Iowa scored 27 points against us with only 195 yards of total offense.
  • A Jones PR or KOR for either a TD or to set up a short TD drive for Iowa (no more than 40 yards total offense).
  • A Tory Taylor punt downed inside the NU 5-yard line, followed by a shanked NU punt that sets up another short-field TD for Iowa (another 40 yards total offense).
  • A couple of longish Sam LaPorta and Keagan Johnson receptions that lead to 50-yard FGs by Caleb Shudak (6 points on about 50 yards total offense), the last with no time remaining on the clock, after which Shudak drops his drawers and moons Scott Frost.
  • A scoop-and-score by Jack Campbell off a Nebraska fumble.
  • The other 10 Iowa offensive possessions will result in about 50-60 yards total offense, but they won't turn the ball over.
And we'll marvel at how we could score only 26 on 423 yards of total offense.
  • Three turnovers (one fumble and two interceptions).
  • An Iowa stop inside their 10-yard line turns the ball over on downs.
  • Poor return game forces the offense to have to go at least 75 yards on every possession.
  • Two missed PATs.
Same song. Ninth verse.

Hoping the Hawkeyes win but not counting on it. Provided the Huskers show up focused and ready to play, this could be a really tough game for Iowa. If Nebraska can avoid turning the ball over and contain the Hawks special teams play, they have a decent shot of winning this Friday.

Iowa wins by 3. We all know the script. The defense is beat up and missing several players. Don’t be surprised to see Iowa run the ball better than normal

If Nebraska can avoid turning the ball over and contain the Hawks special teams play
giphy.gif

What would the Hawkeyes’ record be against this schedule: @Illinois (W), Fordham (W), Buffalo (W), @Oklahoma (L), @MSU (L), Northwestern (W), Michigan (L), @Minnesota (W, maybe) Purdue (L), Ohio State (L), @Wisconsin (L). 5-6 or 4-7?

• Haha
Reactions: cheddarwurst69
We will have the ball at the end of the 4th and be down by 2...with 3 seconds left we will try a FG from like 35 yards out and we will screw up the hold and kick it into a lineman's ass.

That's a lock, place bets now.

Actually I think this is extremely accurate it’s going to come down to a field goal can you make it or not

I like how some Midwest fans act like they're so much different than the rest of the Midwest lol

I certainly think Nebraska CAN beat Iowa, but given that we've only won one conference game all year (the horrible Northwestern), I sure wouldn't bet on it - consistently coming up short in eight out of nine conference games isn't just a case of bad luck or flukes - it's a pattern. I would guess we lose by 7 to Iowa, but I hope I'm wrong.

This rivalry went from “eff you, you bunch of hog bangers” to majorities from each fan base picking the OTHER team to win. Just thought that was interesting. Also, Nebraskans bang hogs :)

Reactions: hexumhawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT