ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa fans invading Lincoln

Huskred01

Walk On
Sep 30, 2018
I got offered a free ticket to this game but after yesterday’s loss, I’m not really interested in traveling back for the Iowa game.

I went to this game a few years ago & couldn’t believe how many Hawkeye fans were at the game. If they win out & are playing for a spot in Indy, I can’t even imagine how many will be at Memorial.

Last edited:
I got offered a free ticket to this game but after yesterday’s loss, I’m not really interested in traveling back for the Iowa game.

I went to this game a few years ago & couldn’t beleive how many Hawkeye fans were at the game. If they win out & are playing for a spot in Indy, I can’t even imagine how many will be at Memorial.
Good news your sale out streak will remain in tact one more game!

Good news your sale out streak will remain in tact one more game!

that’s thing is going anywhere, anytime soon. You guys don’t even sale out your own stadium. I’m not to worried about Iowa taking over the Husker stadium. Not even in the slightest bit. You guys will NEVER be like us, no matter how hard you try. GBR

I went to this game a few years ago & couldn’t beleive how many Hawkeye fans were at the game. If they win out & are playing for a spot in Indy, I can’t even imagine how many will be at Memorial.

Your Iowa team isn’t going to the BIG 10 champ game. That’s Minnesota or Wisconsin.

Only things that’s LOL is a Iowa and Iowa fans thinking Iowa will go get Blowin out by OSU in the BIG 10 title game. It’s going to be Minnesota or Wisconsin...PERIOD. Iowa has a JOKE for an offense and a decent to good defense.

Did you graduate 8th grade?

Most Iowa fans don't give Iowa much of a chance at Wisconsin. Believe it or not, Iowa has had worse offenses this decade. Iowa has been able to move the football this season. It's been inside opponents' terrority that Iowa's offense turns into a joke.

Only things that’s LOL is a Iowa and Iowa fans thinking Iowa will go get Blowin out by OSU in the BIG 10 title game. It’s going to be Minnesota or Wisconsin...PERIOD. Iowa has a JOKE for an offense and a decent to good defense.
ONLY, and I mean ONLY a husker fan would talk crap about any other team whether it is their offense or defense. Look at your record and add in the beating you are going to get in your next game.

ONLY, and I mean ONLY a husker fan would talk crap about any other team whether it is their offense or defense. Look at your record and add in the beating you are going to get in your next game.

im taking trash because dumb asses like you guys are on a HUSKER BOARD talking like this. Do any of you guys have a life outside obsessing over the Huskers? Do any of you Iowa fans remember what it was like when Kirk Ferentz took over at Iowa and went 1-10 in year one and then 3-8 in year two? You guys did no better with your own rebuild then we Huskers are doing now.

Last edited:
Reactions: bradjens
Don't be so cocky and glib.

Iowa has shown nothing to this point that would lead anyone to believe they'll "break" anyone in the B1G Ten other than Rutgers.

exactly, they have back to back games with Wisconsin and AT WISCONSIN, then they play Minnesota. You’d think these guys would SHUT UP and play the games first. Iowa fans never have been known for their brains.

Don't be so cocky and glib.

Iowa has shown nothing to this point that would lead anyone to believe they'll "break" anyone in the B1G Ten other than Rutgers.
Uh, have you watched us play this year??

Hawkeye fans can be as cocky as they want about beating us this year because we have no shot to win this game.

This is another reason why I don’t want to go to the game this year. I already know how the crowd’s going to be & what the outcome will be.

Uh, have you watched us play this year??

Hawkeye fans can be as cocky as they want about beating us this year because we have no shot to win this game.

This is another reason why I don’t want to go to the game this year. I already know how the crowd’s going to be & what the outcome will be.

Hmm, I’m glad I’m not a fan like you. It’s why the games are played. Anything can happen and I WILL not give up on the team. All the Huskers need to do is play great football on the offensive side of things and show up on defense against Iowa and we’d have a shot....GBR

I went to this game a few years ago & couldn’t believe how many Hawkeye fans were at the game. If they win out & are playing for a spot in Indy, I can’t even imagine how many will be at Memorial.

If the weather is nice, it should be a heck of a game.

Last Black Friday game in the series.

Iowa closes with Wisconsin next year.

If the weather is nice, it should be a heck of a game.

Last Black Friday game in the series.

Iowa closes with Wisconsin next year.

not happening. Iowa will lose to Wisconsin like they have done for the past severs years. The SUCKEYES are the Badgers bitoches. Then Iowa will host Minnesota and the Golden Gophers will beat Iowa too. I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Iowa go 0-4 over the next 4 games.

Hmm, I’m glad I’m not a fan like you. It’s why the games are played. Anything can happen and I WILL not give up on the team. All the Huskers need to do is play great football on the offensive side of things and show up on defense against Iowa and we’d have a shot....GBR
Lol, ok.

Purdue, Indiana, & Colorado handled us & now we’re going to whip up on a top 20 team. Got it.

Reactions: frydaze
A Husker buddy of mine asked if I wanted to go with him and of course I said yes. He has four season tickets and two of those will be used by Iowa fans. Should be a fun game and tailgate.

that’s thing is going anywhere, anytime soon. You guys don’t even sale out your own stadium. I’m not to worried about Iowa taking over the Husker stadium. Not even in the slightest bit. You guys will NEVER be like us, no matter how hard you try. GBR

Well you're right, Iowa hasnt been Nebraska since 2001-- Iowa has been better. More wins, 4 top 10 season ending finishes for Iowa. Don't believe me, go check it out.

Now the good news for Nebraska is they have that great sell out streak going. Need to hold onto to that. Yes, I know that's deflecting away from on the field performance, but it's something many in Nebraska find at this point to be most proud of.

Reactions: Hawk It Up
Lol, ok.

Purdue, Indiana, & Colorado handled us & now we’re going to whip up on a top 20 team. Got it.

sorry I don’t see Iowa as a legit top 20 team. And yes the Husker can get up for that game. That’s a heated rival and both teams HATE each other and it will be played in Lincoln this year. We can pull this game off.

sorry I don’t see Iowa as a legit top 20 team. And yes the Husker can get up for that game. That’s a heats rival and both teams HATE each other and it will be played in Lincoln this year. We can pull this game off.

I agree Nebraska will give Iowa a tough game. It will be Nebraska's bowl game this year.

Well you're right, Iowa hasnt been Nebraska since 2001-- Iowa has been better. More wins, 4 top 10 season ending finishes for Iowa. Don't believe me, go check it out.

Now the good news is for Nebraska is they have that great sell out streak going. Need to hand onto to that. Yes, I know that's deflecting away from on the field performance, but it's something many in Nebraska find at this point to be most proud of.

funny last time I checked, Iowa and Nebraska are pretty close in the overall records over the past decade or so. My point there was you guys TAKING OVER another teams stadium. You guys barely sale out your own Stadium let alone take over our Husker stadium. To many fans like me around to let that happen.

not happening. Iowa will lose to Wisconsin like they have done for the past severs years. The SUCKEYES are the Badgers bitoches. Then Iowa will host Minnesota and the Golden Gophers will beat Iowa too. I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Iowa go 0-4 over the next 4 games.
I don’t think Iowa is going to win out but for them to lose all 4 games is highly unlikely.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
I don’t think Iowa is going to win out but for them to lose all 4 games is highly unlikely.

when you guys play Wisconsin, Minnesota, a very hot Illinois team (that just beat the Badgers something Iowa hasn’t done in years) and the Huskers. You very well could go 0-4 the next 4 games.

funny last time I checked, Iowa and Nebraska are pretty close in the overall records over the past decade or so. My point there was you guys TAKING OVER another teams stadium. You guys barely sale out your own Stadium let alone take over our Husker stadium. To many fans like me around to let that happen.

To me, invading another team's stadium means nothing-- fans don't play the game. Players play the game. As long as Iowa continues the recent domination in the series not much else matters.

To me, invading another team's stadium means nothing-- fans don't play the game. Players play the game. As long as Iowa continues the recent domination in the series not much else matters.

it was still my point there. Look at the thread title and then look at the posts. Now you see what I’m talking about. And I’m glad you guys hold beating some bad Husker teams in such high regard. But it won’t continue. You may win this year but it’s about to end soon.

Reactions: wkato
it was still my point there. Look at the thread title and then look at the posts. Now you see what I’m talking about. And I’m glad you guys hold beating some bad Husker teams in such high regard. But it won’t continue. You may win this year but it’s about to end soon.

It’s always next year for you tough talker........

Reactions: jonesyhawk982

You are entitled to your opinion. I think Northwestern is the Big Ten West team most likely to go 0-4 in November. Though, like Rutgers beating Liberty, one would hope Northwestern beats UMass?

I think Nebraska's chances of winning 2 out of 3 are even higher than your opinion.

Do you see Minnesota winning against Penn State?

James Franklin is going for 12 straight vs. B1G West teams. Multiple are against Iowa.

Fwiw

It’s always next year for you tough talker........

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist when a teams struggling like my Huskers are this CURRENT season, naturally you’re going to look towards the future. But go ahead and try and flip it as bad. And hey, I’m on my own board, I’m on a HUSKER BOARD. I’m not on the Iowa board talking “TOUGH” as you call it. You may call out your own fans for obsessing over another team.

I say welcome the Iowa fans to Lincoln and treat them well. Unlike Nebraska alums that are very successful and have the discretionary income to travel to most away games, this may be the only away game the majority of Iowa fans can afford to travel to. Throw them a beer if they crush their sixer of Natty, you might just make a friend. #Takethehighroad

sorry I don’t see Iowa as a legit top 20 team. And yes the Husker can get up for that game. That’s a heated rival and both teams HATE each other and it will be played in Lincoln this year. We can pull this game off.
Yeah because we always beat Iowa in Lincoln.

when you guys play Wisconsin, Minnesota, a very hot Illinois team (that just beat the Badgers something Iowa hasn’t done in years) and the Huskers. You very well could go 0-4 the next 4 games.
None of those games are gimmies for sure. I just think our defense is too good and soecial teams are too good to go 0-4 to finish the year is all.

None of those games are gimmies for sure. I just think our defense is too good and soecial teams are too good to go 0-4 to finish the year is all.

I’d naturally agree if your offense was better. You could win all 4 just as easily lose all 4. None of those games are give mes or locks.

I’d naturally agree if your offense was better. You could win all 4 just as easily lose all 4. None of those games are give mes or locks.
The offense is frustrating. Moving the ball isn’t the issue, it’s when they get to the opponent 35 is where it starts struggling. Maybe they will be better to end the year but unless the interior ol gets better and a little better play calling when they get down to the 35 and beyond they offense will continue to struggle.
It’s a big weekend coming up. Iowa is still in contention or out and we get to see what Minny is really made of. I’m pretty damn excited to see what happens.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT