ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa fans invading Lincoln

I got offered a free ticket to this game but after yesterday’s loss, I’m not really interested in traveling back for the Iowa game.

I went to this game a few years ago & couldn’t believe how many Hawkeye fans were at the game. If they win out & are playing for a spot in Indy, I can’t even imagine how many will be at Memorial.

Iowa fans invading = French army fighting

that’s thing is going anywhere, anytime soon. You guys don’t even sale out your own stadium. I’m not to worried about Iowa taking over the Husker stadium. Not even in the slightest bit. You guys will NEVER be like us, no matter how hard you try. GBR

You're right, we won't be like you, we win games.

You're right, we won't be like you, we win games.

right, easy to poke fun when we are in the middle of our rebuild. Did Husker fans do this to Iowa when Ferentz was doing your guys rebuild and went 4-18 in 2 seasons? I bet not, Huskers have class...obviously Iowa fans (look at your Hawkeye replies above) DONT. But don’t mistake it, Huskers and Frost will get it going just like Ferentz did with Iowa and B Alvarez did with Wisconsin during their rebuild. GBR

right, easy to poke fun when we are in the middle of our rebuild. Did Husker fans do this to Iowa when Ferentz was doing your guys rebuild and went 4-18 in 2 seasons? I bet not, Huskers have class...obviously (look at your Hawkeye replies above) Iowa fans DONT. But don’t mistake it, Huskers and Frost will get it going just like Ferentz did with Iowa and B Alvarez did with Wisconsin during their rebuild. GBR
Both fanbases have some shitty fans.

Both fanbases have some shitty fans.

that I agree with my man. Both of our teams have had to go threw rebuilds like this. It’s not fun and it’s not easy but each team got/will get through this. Then Iowa vs Huskers will see some big time games in the future. That I’m looking forward to. Best of luck the rest of the year (minus the Black Friday game;))

Reactions: iafan44
right, easy to poke fun when we are in the middle of our rebuild. Did Huskers do this to Iowa when Ferentz was doing your guys rebuild and went 4-18 in 2 seasons? I bet not, Huskers have class...obviously (look at your Hawkeye replies above) Iowa fans DONT.

I disagree with going over to another fan's board and being a jerk, but yes, a lot of Nebraska fans have invaded the Iowa board talking a lot of crap.

Granted, we have one or two fans with absolute crushes on you guys, as they love to post about Nebraska daily, so I can see why some of your fans react the way they do. But yeah, many of your fans posting on HR are pretty obnoxious.

Reactions: iafan44
You act like Iowa is Wisconsin or Ohio St.

And not a program that has won one division title in 8 years.

funny isn’t it? Seeing fan of a team that averages 7-8 wins a years taking like they win 10 or more games a year ;)

the worst part was Iowa and Ferentz just had a 4-8 season not to long ago and had a rough patch. Funny how quickly they forget those times...and Iowa has no excuse for that rough patch. Ferentz has been there for 2 decades at the time.

Reactions: tyrusraymondcobb

Those are your words, I was simply comparing us to you and your slamming of a program that has been handing it to you, with much less talent. But hey keep in line there sheep, we like what you're doing in Lincoln ... or maybe you should go back to that weakass, defenseless, soft 2 team conf down south so you can think you're so dam good.

Reactions: jonesyhawk982
Those are your words, I was simply comparing us to you and your slamming of a program that has been handing it to you, with much less talent. But hey keep in line there sheep, we like what you're doing in Lincoln ... or maybe you should go back to that weakass, defenseless, soft 2 team conf down south so you can think you're so dam good.

You are so right, once Bo Pelini got fired who OWNED Iowa and Mike Riley took over, Iowa started to beat the Huskers. Just give it time my man, Riley’s mess is about cleaned up, then we will see what’s up. ;)

That’s hilarious because we all know the Big Ten was oh so good last century. But of course in reality it was owned by two teams. And neither were named Iowa.

But hey, you root for a program that hasn’t won an outright conference title since the mid 80’s. I would make excuses as well.

Reactions: huskerssalts
funny isn’t it? Seeing fan of a team that averages 7-8 wins a years taking like they win 10 or more games a year ;)

the worst part was Iowa and Ferentz just had a 4-8 season not to long ago and had a rough patch. Funny how quickly they forget those times...and Iowa has no excuse for that rough patch. Ferentz has been there for 2 decades at the time.

Here's the past 10 or so, I'll take that over your garbage program during that time frame anyday!

#NDFS

funny last time I checked, Iowa and Nebraska are pretty close in the overall records over the past decade or so. My point there was you guys TAKING OVER another teams stadium. You guys barely sale out your own Stadium let alone take over our Husker stadium. To many fans like me around to let that happen.

Barely sell out...haha, yeah, ok. But I know, we don't give away remaining tickets like NE does so we can say were sold out for the scam record that NE claims.

Reactions: Red I 73
sorry I don’t see Iowa as a legit top 20 team. And yes the Husker can get up for that game. That’s a heated rival and both teams HATE each other and it will be played in Lincoln this year. We can pull this game off.

Yeah, I mean were not legit top 20 with 2 losses by 1 possession to the #6&#12 teams in the country. You're making so much sense here...i

Reactions: jonesyhawk982
Here's the past 10 or so, I'll take that over your garbage program during that time frame anyday!

#NDFS

And in that timeframe Iowa won two more games. Also keeping in mind you all choose to play Iowa St as your non conference game while Nebraska plays the likes of UCLA, Miami, Va Tech, Oregon.

Good stuff

And in that timeframe Iowa won two more games. Also keeping in mind you all choose to play Iowa St as your non conference game while Nebraska plays the likes of UCLA, Miami, Va Tech, Oregon.

Good stuff

Ucla, Miami, vs va.tech...hahah as if those are good programs right now...not better and probably considered worse than ISU these days...but tks for playing.

Good stuff
To be fair UCLA, Miami and Virginia Tech aren’t any better than Iowa State right now.
Believe me, myself and most Iowa fans would give our left nut to drop Iowa State and play a home and home or nuetral site game with any of those teams. Damn politics.

Reactions: hawkisoaker
To be fair UCLA, Miami and Virginia Tech aren’t any better than Iowa State right now.
Believe me, myself and most Iowa fans would give our left nut to drop Iowa State and play a home and home or nuetral site game with any of those teams. Damn politics.

But they were when Nebraska played them. That’s the point.

We all get it, Nebraska sucks right now. But Iowa has their own problems. They seem to be stuck in the mud and are on the verge of replacing Kirk with his son who has been nothing but a huge failure as an OC.

Yet, Iowa fans chose to live on the board.

Ucla, Miami, vs va.tech...hahah as if those are good programs right now...not better and probably considered worse than ISU these days...but tks for playing.

How dense are you? Would you like to compare those schools record over the same time period vs Iowa States record? That’s the point.

It won’t be pretty. But I’m sure you know that.

But they were when Nebraska played them. That’s the point.

We all get it, Nebraska sucks right now. But Iowa has their own problems. They seem to be stuck in the mud and are on the verge of replacing Kirk with his son who has been nothing but a huge failure as an OC.

Yet, Iowa fans chose to live on the board.
True. You never know how good most teams will be when you schedule them.
You are correct that Iowa has its issues too. I’m not writing off Brian Ferentz yet as he’s still young and learning. The hire to replace Kirk is definitely a big one and interested to see what they do.

I would never...go to an Iowa fan site...let alone slam their fans or their program once I got there. Never.

Blows my mind that people get such a rise out of doing so. Mystifies me. Must be extremely lonely.

Reactions: Hawkman34
How dense are you? Would you like to compare those schools record over the same time period vs Iowa States record? That’s the point.

It won’t be pretty. But I’m sure you know that.

Be my guest...but only a moron would think those programs outside of OR are any better than ISU.

You guys will NEVER be like us, no matter how hard you try. GBR

This is exactly why Nebraska fan is delusional. Nebraska was great 20 years ago. Doesn't matter that we have been bad the last few years - that doesn't matter. Also doesn't matter we've lost at least 4 games for 16 consecutive seasons - we were great once and that makes us better than anyone else. Scott Frost's "you'd better get us now", William Moos' "other teams should be worried", the medias "frosty the coachman" led fans to predicting 11-1 to playoff expectations this year and fans are let down because of the losing football is playing and now backtracking with "I never said we'd be that good this year." Yes Nebraska fan you were thinking west champs and college football playoffs and now that you've had reality set in - be defensive and say how great you were in the 90s. It is ironic though that defending the fake sellout streak and being defensive about how great the 90s were is the only thing closely resembling defense out of Nebraska football this year.

This is exactly why Nebraska fan is delusional. Nebraska was great 20 years ago. Doesn't matter that we have been bad the last few years - that doesn't matter. Also doesn't matter we've lost at least 4 games for 16 consecutive seasons - we were great once and that makes us better than anyone else. Scott Frost's "you'd better get us now", William Moos' "other teams should be worried", the medias "frosty the coachman" led fans to predicting 11-1 to playoff expectations this year and fans are let down because of the losing football is playing and now backtracking with "I never said we'd be that good this year." Yes Nebraska fan you were thinking west champs and college football playoffs and now that you've had reality set in - be defensive and say how great you were in the 90s. It is ironic though that defending the fake sellout streak and being defensive about how great the 90s were is the only thing closely resembling defense out of Nebraska football this year.

And yet after all that, we still live rent free in Iowa fans minds.

I would never...go to an Iowa fan site...let alone slam their fans or their program once I got there. Never.

Blows my mind that people get such a rise out of doing so. Mystifies me. Must be extremely lonely.

I didn't come here and slam anything, until your own started the process.

In all honesty I grew up liking NE, but since the move to the BIG, of course that changed, as my #1 is the hawks, and we compete for everything now.

As an outsider, I can tell ya what I think is wrong with y'all. You've lost your identity, and are trying to be a program that doesn't fit you. You went from being a defensive blackshirt powerhouse, to trying to be an offensive school, and throwing all your eggs in that basket.

Get back to what the true BLACKSHIRTS use to do, and play smashmouth football defensively(which is how Iowa has had any success) and offensively, hell, even run the option, as it gels with that style, I could almost guarantee you would do much better and have a shot at being to the level of a Natl contender sometime.

Carry on, go hawks, hope ya don't embarrass us when I'm there in a few weeks if we somehow win out until then.

im taking trash because dumb asses like you guys are on a HUSKER BOARD talking like this. Do any of you guys have a life outside obsessing over the Huskers? Do any of you Iowa fans remember what it was like when Kirk Ferentz took over at Iowa and went 1-10 in year one and then 3-8 in year two? You guys did no better with your own rebuild then we Huskers are doing now.

The difference was you didn’t see Iowa fans in KF’s first 2 years claim Iowa was going to be playing for a conference/national championship unlike fans on this board and the NU fans who post on Iowa sites.

And yet after all that, we are still 4-5 this year when I said we'd be in the CFP, 8-13 in 2 years under Frosty the Coachman. You're right - I'm wrong. We should embrace today and stop hanging on to the 90s and our Starter jackets.

Thank you for your rational post. Best of luck the rest of the way.

it was still my point there. Look at the thread title and then look at the posts. Now you see what I’m talking about. And I’m glad you guys hold beating some bad Husker teams in such high regard. But it won’t continue. You may win this year but it’s about to end soon.

"You may win this year but it’s about to end soon" that's what you said in 2018. Iowa is getting better each year as is the rest of the B1G I highly doubt you will ever, ever have a run like you did in the 90's again,

right, easy to poke fun when we are in the middle of our rebuild. Did Husker fans do this to Iowa when Ferentz was doing your guys rebuild and went 4-18 in 2 seasons? I bet not, Huskers have class...obviously Iowa fans (look at your Hawkeye replies above) DONT. But don’t mistake it, Huskers and Frost will get it going just like Ferentz did with Iowa and B Alvarez did with Wisconsin during their rebuild. GBR
Alvarez and Frentz both did a rebuild! You have been rebuilding since 2001 what do you husker fans not understand? Because you fire every coach you think your rebuild just starts over? I don’t understand the mindset of most of you guys! Somebody hit rewind!!! #VHSRULES

sorry I don’t see Iowa as a legit top 20 team. And yes the Husker can get up for that game. That’s a heated rival and both teams HATE each other and it will be played in Lincoln this year. We can pull this game off.

We lost to the #5 team in country by 5 pts and we lost to the #14 team in the country by 7 pts, holding Penn St to 17 pts and holding Michigan to 10 pts, I know it's hard for you to accept but we may very well shut Nebraska out on Black Friday.

KF is a genius who has found a formula that works for Iowa to be in the talk from time to time, all beit with lower rates recruits.

His gameplanning of a bend dont break style Def that makes college QB's have to make several plays in a row without mistakes is genius, along with a NFL style ball control OFF with the idea of limiting the others teams # of possessions, thus usualy keeping games in reach, is again, genius!

not happening. Iowa will lose to Wisconsin like they have done for the past severs years. The SUCKEYES are the Badgers bitoches. Then Iowa will host Minnesota and the Golden Gophers will beat Iowa too. I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Iowa go 0-4 over the next 4 games.
I think you must have gotten the name huskerssalts because you snort bath salts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT