ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa coach has some explaining to do

I think it will take more than this to fire Ferentz. But if Ferentz were to go, I would bet that Bielema would be on the next plane to Iowa City.
I think Bielema would be wanting the job, but I wouldn't be surprised if Bob Stoops were interested. He loves the U of I, and when he retired made a comment that he would basically only be interested in coaching for the right opportunities. I am not saying he would apply, but I think if he wanted to return to college football, it would be in Iowa City. I personally don't think Ferentz is going anywhere as I haven't really heard any current or former player ask for a coaching change. The majority of players have said Kirk wasn't the problem, that he gets it. But I do think Doyle is gone. Interesting note, I have read some Iowa players make bad comments about Kaczenski, and if I remember correctly he wasn't very popular her either.

Last edited:
Kill shots:

Ferentz:
“I don’t care how much pressure I receive from the media to play you; you’re leaving in a year and my contract just got renewed, so I’m going to be here whether I play you or not.”

DJK:
"If you believe for one instant that KF does not have his finger on the pulse of his program, as he throws CD under the Hawkeye Bus, then you are blind. In fact, you can rest assured that there is not a thing that goes on in Iowa City that KF does not know about."

Lol.....good lord Iowa fans are pathetic...I’ve come across numerous Iowa fans that are seriously saying and posting that JD left Nebraska due to racism in the program...I have never come across a more tone deaf fan base, they simply do not get it....what say you @SWIowahawks ?

That is called a projection.

Could you even imagine if the roles were reversed and Nebraska coaches were being accused of racism? Iow fans would never stop talking about it. I mean they live here and obsess about Nebraska 24/7. This might be a good time for them to be thankful other programs and their fans don’t behave the “Iowa way.”

You have started 100 Iowa threads but we are obsessed with Nebraska? Ok. I come on here occasionally just to feel good about my IQ. And you guys really need to kick us right now to get that pent up frustration of losing so so so many games in a row to us. Better therapy than the meth some of you have obviously been using

You have started 100 Iowa threads but we are obsessed with Nebraska? Ok. I come on here occasionally just to feel good about my IQ. And you guys really need to kick us right now to get that pent up frustration of losing so so so many games in a row to us. Better therapy than the meth some of you have obviously been using
LOL at you over here worried about what Nebraska fans think about your racist coaches and your false "but we do it the right way" mantra.

Yes, you are a true intellectual giant. Smh

Yet here you are.

Reactions: headcard
GFO Buddy.

Reactions: bigboxes
Shut up he explained!

He explained nothing, all I see on the Iowa board is a bunch of losers complaining.
It’s just a bunch of disgruntled players, nothing to see here. Really?!
They look like chumps defending people who who knowingly belittled players they recruited.

If you’re going to tell me 50+ players are all lying and making this up. Your a fool, and personally you should check your own views. Good grief get a clue!

He explained nothing, all I see on the Iowa board is a bunch of losers complaining.
It’s just a bunch of disgruntled players, nothing to see here. Really?!
They look like chumps defending people who who knowingly belittled players they recruited.

If you’re going to tell me 50+ players are all lying and making this up. Your a fool, and personally you should check your own views. Good grief get a clue!
Pretty sure SoCal was being sarcastic.

KIrk “independent review” Ferentz presser at 2 pm CT today.

ExcellentShortIberianlynx-small.gif

Really, that reply was sarcastic? He needs a little help then getting that across. How about adding a TIC or :D or;) or :rolleyes:.

But if that’s the case, I take back my reply to him and offer an apology.
Iowa fans response to this situation though is embarrassing that I do stand by. :)
Well to me it meant only one thing - he wasn't going to explain
And thanks to Thurber for a funny quip

I'm also reminded of J Rockefeller III's no explanation when caught with a non-wife
Never complain Never explain

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT