ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa coach has some explaining to do

Has anyone ever asked him......

“Have you named a Captain, Kirk?”

Kirk had to suspend the strength coach to save his own a$$. This may be all of it but who knows.

This twitter thread is really something. Might want to chill with the “Iowa way” for a while:

This all seems pretty tame. Maybe Iowa's strength coach will be an option if we need one in a year. Haven't been real impressed with the results of our current strength coach. I guess we'll see if that improves.

Reactions: tdierberger
One lady calls Kirk Ferentz a racist:rolleyes: standing on Nile Kinnick statue...

Sounds like the person is more upset how much he makes so she has to through the racist crap out there..

Reactions: CriticalObserver
giphy.gif

If you are a landlord or employer are you more or less likely to want to rent to or offer a job to a black person after what we've seen the last few weeks? If your business was one that was destroyed in the riots, you want to rebuild, or take the insurance money and run?? Corporation looking to open a pharmacy or optical store, feel good about doing that in a neighborhood with mostly african americans now?

People and corporations that never would have given it a second thought might now. If people can riot and burn down their local neighborhood, and police do nothing and politicians condone it....what are you to do as a landlord or potential employer now??? Did race relations just take a huge step backwards or forward??

If you are a landlord or employer are you more or less likely to want to rent to or offer a job to a black person after what we've seen the last few weeks? If your business was one that was destroyed in the riots, you want to rebuild, or take the insurance money and run?? Corporation looking to open a pharmacy or optical store, feel good about doing that in a neighborhood with mostly african americans now?

People and corporations that never would have given it a second thought might now. If people can riot and burn down their local neighborhood, and police do nothing and politicians condone it....what are you to do as a landlord or potential employer now??? Did race relations just take a huge step backwards or forward??

As far as hiring or renting goes...blacks are protected by law. Hence the scream from conservative corners of the country about protected classes.I don't think blacks that feel slighted in this environment would have any qualms about suing.

In terms of companies looking to relocate out of urban areas, if they gots the money they can do what they want.

Exactly. This is doing at least as much harm as it is good for those communities, and its not just the business aspect. If I was a black person in those communities that was trying to better my life I would have 2nd thoughts about sticking around.

Yes, let’s blame and stereotype an entire race based on the actions of a few, especially when some of the destruction was done by whites.

Racist assholes will continue to use things like this to continue to be racist assholes, in that regard things won’t change. But the discussion is changing, people are listening and understanding. You can choose to continue to dismiss other humans because of some people’s behavior, or you can grow as a human and move forward.

Yes, let’s blame and stereotype an entire race based on the actions of a few, especially when some of the destruction was done by whites.

Racist assholes will continue to use things like this to continue to be racist assholes, in that regard things won’t change. But the discussion is changing, people are listening and understanding. You can choose to continue to dismiss other humans because of some people’s behavior, or you can grow as a human and move forward.
Ugh. Do you not realize what you just did?

Reactions: JoelBittner

The black kid who sleeps at my house several times a week who I have unofficially adopted as a third son and try to have him over as much as possible so he can experience a happy healthy household that believes in God, and gets to experience a positive male role model and has a place at my table and knows it because I'm not sure he's getting properly fed at home, and who I give rides to all over because his real parents suck and treat him like a burden, would laugh his black butt off at you if he heard you call me a racist....

You'll also notice I didn't lose my temper or call you vile names, unlike yourself.

The black kid who sleeps at my house several times a week who I have unofficially adopted as a third son and try to have him over as much as possible so he can experience a happy healthy household that believes in God, and gets to experience a positive male role model and has a place at my table and knows it because I'm not sure he's getting properly fed at home, and who I give rides to all over because his real parents suck and treat him like a burden, would laugh his black butt off at you if he heard you call me a racist....

You'll also notice I didn't lose my temper or call you vile names, unlike yourself.

I was speaking about racist assholes who would do the things you suggested. I’m glad you have done what you claim.

Do you agree or disagree that someone who would make a hiring decision based on race, and the behavior of a few is a racist asshole?

I was speaking about racist assholes who would do the things you suggested. I’m glad you have done what you claim.

Do you agree or disagree that someone who would make a hiring decision based on race, and the behavior of a few is a racist asshole?

I think you are a very short tempered intolerant potty mouth and I think i'll be done with you for now.

Reactions: OzzyLvr

Dude, just stop. If you think that a business owner that chooses to open up in a neighborhood that doesn't get looted or robbed is a racist then fine. Its stupid and small-minded but fine. Don't change the subject and create a strawman argument that everyone agrees with though.

At this rate, comedians gonna be arrested and put in jail
Bit of a difference between comedians telling jokes, to people who choose to listen and people in authority positions berating 18-22 year olds based on their skin color.

I think you are a very short tempered intolerant potty mouth and I think i'll be done with you for now.

Oh no! I will admit to not being tolerant of racist behaviors. Not sure why it’s so hard to answer one way or another a simple question that I proposed.

But I do chuckle at the guy teaching religion talks about avoiding DUI’s and sex outside of marriage.

Dude, just stop. If you think that a business owner that chooses to open up in a neighborhood that doesn't get looted or robbed is a racist then fine. Its stupid and small-minded but fine. Don't change the subject and create a strawman argument that everyone agrees with though.

Read what I responded to, he asked if employers would hesitate to hire a black person based on recent events.

Read what I responded to, he asked if employers would hesitate to hire a black person based on recent events.
Might want to reread it. Discriminating for employment based on race is cut and dried, and its illegal so its a non-issue. Opening or expanding a business into a neighborhood that has a history of riots and lack of law enforcement is the crux of his point.

I sure as hell wouldn't expand my business into a neighborhood that has had looting and arson that the police ignored.

Felicia Goodson who is the mother of Tyler Goodson[who is black and said no discrimination happened to him] is staring a non profit foundation to allow former players from all over the country to report this. She thinks it's widespead. Could be NU down the road
Whatever makes you feel better.

Reactions: SkerInCo
Felicia Goodson who is the mother of Tyler Goodson[who is black and said no discrimination happened to him] is staring a non profit foundation to allow former players from all over the country to report this. She thinks it's widespead. Could be NU down the road
The fact of the matter is, it could be anywhere. Of course it could be NU. But then again, maybe it doesn’t. Seems like it is at Iowa though. That’s pretty clear.

Looks like the strength coach went with the Zach Smith approach:

Go home racist.

ADVERTISEMENT