ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa’s defense

Iowa is slightly better in Total Defense and Scoring Defense, but Michigan State is a little better better against the run.

But...the weather is supposed to be much nicer on Friday than today.

I think it’s going to be a tough game for us. Herky’s D is pretty solid. Hopefully our D will step up and match theirs. Good weather will really benefit our offense. Nothing would be better than taking it to the Iowa rubes.

We got or CBs healthy now and are completely shutting down Illinois. (Minus Corbin). I don’t think Nebraska gets to 20. Depends on Spielman of course as he is a stud.

Just take a look at what they’ve done to Illinois in the first half. That should answer most if not all of your questions.

Just don't think we have the horses up front to get a win in Kennick yet. Should be a fairly competitive game though. This matchup will change drastically starting next year.

I think it’s going to be a tough game for us. Herky’s D is pretty solid. Hopefully our D will step up and match theirs. Good weather will really benefit our offense. Nothing would be better than taking it to the Iowa rubes.

I'm guessing line will be Herks -5.

Iowa sucks.

How do they compare to Michigan State’s D? Will we be able to put some touchdowns on them?
They aren't as good as Mich St. It is suppose to be much nicer next weekend. So I think we will be able to put up way more points. However, their offense is light years better than Mich St. I would almost guarantee our offense will need to score more than 9 points to win next week.

#GBR! That is all. Huskers win a close one and end 5-7 within 1 game of my preseason predictions :p

Reactions: Dave3
I have faith in our O against Penn St. Our O will do damage. Our D however, is not as good as Penn State, so we will give up yards. I don’t think Stanley is that good. With some pressure, he will fold.

Should be a good game. Iowa has done nothing this season to show that they are head and shoulders better or that we do not match up well with them. They are better offensively than Mich State but defensively are not any better for sure. Weather next week does not sound like it will be an equalizer as it was this week. No way a person can say this match up is horrible for Nebraska right now! If the defense can keep the intensity of today we will get a stop or two. Iowa will score but I think we can outscore them.

Should be a good game. Iowa has done nothing this season to show that they are head and shoulders better or that we do not match up well with them. They are better offensively than Mich State but defensively are not any better for sure. Weather next week does not sound like it will be an equalizer as it was this week. No way a person can say this match up is horrible for Nebraska right now! If the defense can keep the intensity of today we will get a stop or two. Iowa will score but I think we can outscore them.

Spot on. A-Mart going to go into this next game hungry, since I bet this last games not going to sit well with him.

AJ Bush can’t throw....
Yet Illinois scored how many and ran for how much in Lincoln last week? He did run for almost 200 yards against Nebraska. He currently has 18 against Iowa.

Our biggest issue is our starting RT limped off the field early in the third quarter. That would hurt a lot.

How do they compare to Michigan State’s D? Will we be able to put some touchdowns on them?

Well, Iowa sucks so...

I don't remember the context, but HC Frost addressed questions about Iowa and rivalries. He was politically correct in his answers. I hope the weather is better. Iowas defense is disciplined, but slow.

Reactions: bigredhunter
We got or CBs healthy now and are completely shutting down Illinois. (Minus Corbin). I don’t think Nebraska gets to 20. Depends on Spielman of course as he is a stud.

Stanley still really fat, and throw his passes in the dirt?

Our LB unit will enjoy blitzing a stationary marshmallow.

Hows the running game working out? I'm amazed your team has won as much as it has.

Reactions: bigredhunter

Hows the running game working out? I'm amazed your team has won as much as it has.
Throwing better this week aside from his first pass. Thumb seems to be heeling.

I hope your LBs blitz a lot. So do Fant and Hockenson.

Running game is hit or miss it seems. It’s gonna hurt if our starting RT can’t go.

Throwing better this week aside from his first pass. Thumb seems to be heeling.

I hope your LBs blitz a lot. So do Fant and Hockenson.

Running game is hit or miss it seems. It’s gonna hurt if our starting RT can’t go.

Did Fant play? I figured he'd withdraw and get ready for the draft. I do hope we blitz. A blitz from a 3-4 is different from a 4-3. I think Chins is finally understanding his personnel.

Reactions: Dysfunctional Vet
They play great sound defense that's no better than MSU. They have a better offense. AM will be the key in the win with his legs.

Iowa should have won the West and its all on Stanley. Unfortunately, the kid can't play in bad weather it seems. He was atrocious against PSU and not much better against Maryland(even though Iowa dominated them) and Purdue in the wind. he does have a habit of making a bad decision or two even in good weather but I do think if he is at least accurate when he doesn't throw the occasional boneheaded pick it will be enough for Iowa to win if Iowa feels there is still something to play for which I'm not sure at this point. Beating Illinois 63-0 doesn't mean much that team is horrible. If its bad weather all bets are off.

Iowa should have won the West and its all on Stanley. Unfortunately, the kid can't play in bad weather it seems. He was atrocious against PSU and not much better against Maryland(even though Iowa dominated them) and Purdue in the wind. he does have a habit of making a bad decision or two even in good weather but I do think if he is at least accurate when he doesn't throw the occasional boneheaded pick it will be enough for Iowa to win if Iowa feels there is still something to play for which I'm not sure at this point. Beating Illinois 63-0 doesn't mean much that team is horrible. If its bad weather all bets are off.

Oowa doesn't matter. The weather matters and injuries matter. Iowa sucks.Enjoy the win. Gonna get the extra next week

They play great sound defense that's no better than MSU. They have a better offense. AM will be the key in the win with his legs.

I think horrible weather hurts us much more than Michigan State. But I was shocked with our defense.....wow!

Reactions: mmunso7
Key to beating Iowa is not turning the ball over. Iowa plays super conservative waiting for mistakes by the other team... if we can keep Martinez from throwing into heavy coverage, we’ll be fine... hit Stanley early and often..

Reactions: yunginsNU2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT