ADVERTISEMENT

In theory the Gopher offense should be a better matchup for our D.

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
That is before the injuries.....Weber has proven to probably be our best run stopper and now he's out. Banderas is back but I will believe he's near 100% when I see it. IF I had to bet, I would bet he doesnt make it through the game. IF he can't, that leaves us with Gifford, Young and Newby. With VV slowed if not out and KW still nursing injuries, we are hurting at DT. A run oriented offense like Minnesota generally wants to be should be a good matchup for Gangwish, McMullen and the rest of our front 7 if Banderas can play effectively and stay in the game. Gifford hasn't impressed me much with his run support so I think we might have problems if any of our starters can't go. Minnesota is a winnable game, but we need some guys to stay healthy enough to be effective or we'll be in trouble again. VV would make a huge difference.

Coach Kill has shown the last couple years that he is very good at coming up with a game plan to exploit our weaknesses. It will be interesting.

Coach Kill has shown the last couple years that he is very good at coming up with a game plan to exploit our weaknesses. It will be interesting.

Bo's ego made Nebraska easy to attack if you just wanted to just jam it down his throat.

run the ball on them. win. try to throw a ton might lose. the best part of the Minnesota defense is the db. tcu only beat them 23-17 because of the db. tcu has scored 50 on everybody else.

Reactions: Tulsa Tom
The challenge with this game is a decent Husker running attack and we probably win. The question is: can we come up with a decent running game plan? If we try to throw, throw, throw---we're probably toast.

A recent vid of coach made it sound like he was going to try to run the ball more, as he talked about TA's strengths.. prob is, I don't have confidence in the staff's ability to call a run first offense. Lets hope they do their homework on it and get a feel for how to do that. This will be a tossup game in my opinion. The coaches have to find something that works.. they have been searching for that right mix of things, so let's hope they find out what that is.

A recent vid of coach made it sound like he was going to try to run the ball more, as he talked about TA's strengths.. prob is, I don't have confidence in the staff's ability to call a run first offense. Lets hope they do their homework on it and get a feel for how to do that. This will be a tossup game in my opinion. The coaches have to find something that works.. they have been searching for that right mix of things, so let's hope they find out what that is.
What Langsdorf and Riley have said about our run game is completely accurate though. We aren't consistent enough with it to just line up and pound it. You can't have the negative plays mixed in with a 60 yard fullback run and be able to expect to sustain drives just running it. I DO hope that we try to run it more and use TA's legs more because IMO that's our best shot of making our play action passing game more effective. At his point, if TA gets hurt running the ball, so be it. It's our best shot at winning games and I don't think he's any more likely to get hurt on designed run plays than he is taking hits in the pocket.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT