ADVERTISEMENT

In honor of the coach who got suspended for being a moron...who would you have dinner with?

If we are going with OT biblical personalities, it would be hard to not choose Enoch. Walked with god, lived among the nephilim, spoke with Angels and saw heaven and hell. Elijah would be another good one as would Daniel. NT: james and thomas would be at the top of the list.

If we are going with OT biblical personalities, it would be hard to not choose Enoch. Walked with god, lived among the nephilim, spoke with Angels and saw heaven and hell. Elijah would be another good one as would Daniel. NT: james and thomas would be at the top of the list.
John. Then he could clarify the book of revaluation. But then again...... I always thought Judas would be interesting to know if he had any second thoughts

Reactions: Crazyhole
If we’re bringing back the Schutzstaffel I’d say Eichmann. Was he a willing co-contributor or just a logistical marvel. And any thought on improving public transportation in America?

Chesty F-ing Puller.
Chesty2_large.jpg

I'm pretty sure Judas had a lot of guilt over it, I mean he did kill himself.
True. But I ask myself and pastors this all the time. Judas was predestined doomed. WHAT if he would have had that Saul/Paul moment and changed? He couldn't. Scripture wouldn't have been fulfilled. That bothers me because I feel ANYONE can have that revaluation. But Judas

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
True. But I ask myself and pastors this all the time. Judas was predestined doomed. WHAT if he would have had that Saul/Paul moment and changed? He couldn't. Scripture wouldn't have been fulfilled. That bothers me because I feel ANYONE can have that revaluation. But Judas

Geez, I hate the term "predestined" but it's hard to ignore in this case. Makes you wonder if he was repentant after the fact. You'd have to think he was, considering he spent several months with the guy he knew was his saviour. It's too bad that his wasn't a story of redemption as opposed to just being the villain he is remembered as. Maybe we look at him the wrong way. He was an important part in humanities salvation, which in and of itself is a redeeming quality.

I’ll ask our priest see what his explanation is and get back to you

Reactions: huskerfan66

Maybe he could have if he didn’t kill himself

Reactions: huskerfan66
This.... Enoch awesome!!!

Without a doubt, Jesus. "That creep can roll, man."

In all seriousness, it would be Jesus. To be able to have some of those unanswered questions answered, it would probably keep a lot of us on track with our faith.

Reactions: Clemke32
Churchill was closer in mind and behavior to Hitler than to Roosevelt. Churchill was an avowed racist, imperialist, and extremely reckless...bordering on genocidal. He had very little power as the empire was crumbling, his army in shambles, and he was at the mercy of the Americans. Don't you find it strange that such a hero was removed from power almost immediately after the war? Every reliable historical source points to Roosevelt as being a generally benevolent leader, if a little naive and easy to sway if in meeting with Stalin. He was too trusting, as were most American leaders...not fully understanding the savage nature of european politics, whether allies or enemies. We were lucky to have him because he was a germanphobe,

Wait until the next President copies Roosevelt and runs for his or her 3rd and 4th term in office. Or their husband or wife run for 2 more terms. The Family Plan 16 years in office. The opposition party will be patting them on the back and calling them benevolent, too. Yah, sure.

Last edited:
Wait until the next President copies Roosevelt and runs for his or her 3rd and 4th term in office. Or their husband or wife run for 2 more terms. The Family Plan 16 years in office. The opposition party will be patting them on the back and calling them benevolent, too. Yah, sure.
It's interesting...we just studied FDR's run as president and the 3rd term gets much play.Ironic that citizens at the time calmed down about HIM misusing extra terms but wanted to guard against it in the future...'dodging a bullet', so to speak...

Everyone lil serious, I choose Andre The Giant I would order 50 beers and 1/2 dozen pizzas and share stories lol.
I met Andre the Giant and Jake the snake when I was like 8. So about 32 yrs ago. I will never forget he was sitting at a table and when I walked up to the table he stood up. And my hand disappeared in his hand. such a massive individual especially at 8 yrs old.

Reactions: slyde3
One person.....Not two or three, ya got one shot. Who's it gonna be? Alive or dead...but they gotta be real (Batman isn't real). I'd go for God myself, but I don't want to trigger anyone. So I'll say Trump :) Did I just say two people?

#bekind
Steve Martin, a ramblin' guy.

I’ll ask our priest see what his explanation is and get back to you
I haven’t had a opportunity to as the priest, but here is my opinion, scriptures were written afterwards not during actual time, so there for Judas could have changed his mind, and another one would have betrayed him. Jesus said someone would betray him but didn’t say a name. But I’ll as father see what his answer would be

Last edited:
What I know about FDR is that he was power hungry, manipulative, arrogant but RELATIVE to his opponents are the leaders of the other nations involved in World War II he was a saint. Relativity is important. There wasn't a leader who was more respected, liked, and feared at the same time as FDR...
And there are term limits now. FDR didn't do anything illegal.

Let's say that Judas didnt betray jesus. What would have happened? Its likely that the Roman's would have figured out who he was anyway and brought him in but it would have been the same situation where Pilate deferred to the masses. The zealots were growing in number so the chance of an open war would have been
I haven’t had a opportunity to as the priest, but here is my opinion, scriptures were written afterwards no during actual time, so there for Judas could have changed his mind, and another one would have betrayed him. Jesus said someone would betray him but didn’t say a name. But I’ll as father see what his answer would be

Ask him his opinion on Thomas aquinas' and Pope Leo's positions. Both said essentially that he is unforgiven and is in hell but both also said he was destined to betray Christ. If that's the case, then God created someone who would be unworthy of his grace.

He might have to think on that one for a while.

Let's say that Judas didnt betray jesus. What would have happened? Its likely that the Roman's would have figured out who he was anyway and brought him in but it would have been the same situation where Pilate deferred to the masses. The zealots were growing in number so the chance of an open war would have been

Ask him his opinion on Thomas aquinas' and Pope Leo's positions. Both said essentially that he is unforgiven and is in hell but both also said he was destined to betray Christ. If that's the case, then God created someone who would be unworthy of his grace.

In response to your response to my post. I agree but it would not have fulfilled scripture which was my point.

In response to your response to Baxter 48, Bingo. That's my dilemma I personally wrestle with.

I had a friend commit suicide and in discussion with our priest he said we do not know at the final moment before death the persons frame of mind, they could have asked for forgiveness just before death. And also God knows that the person is mentally sick. So I wouldn’t exactly say Judas is in hell, because none of us know is state of mind just before his death.

Like I mentioned if Judas doesn’t betray Jesus another apostle would have so scriptures would be fulfilled just so happens Judas was the unlucky bastard

I love when posts get highjacked for a variety of reasons. This discussion has suddenly been shifted to the religious board which we don't have. I wonder if anyone has any opinions on abortion, the impeachment, or why we hate car salesmen while we are now off topic. Iowa fan should feel free to derail this post about how Hayden Fry was God. (Did you all see what I just did there?)

What I know about FDR is that he was power hungry, manipulative, arrogant but RELATIVE to his opponents are the leaders of the other nations involved in World War II he was a saint. Relativity is important. There wasn't a leader who was more respected, liked, and feared at the same time as FDR...
And there are term limits now. FDR didn't do anything illegal.[/QUOTE]

My point was husband and wife tag teams, which are currently not illegal. I would be for making them illegal, if possible. Barack and Michelle. Bill and Hillary. Donald and Melania. George and Martha.

Person to have dinner with? Albert Einstein.

I love when posts get highjacked for a variety of reasons. This discussion has suddenly been shifted to the religious board which we don't have. I wonder if anyone has any opinions on abortion, the impeachment, or why we hate car salesmen while we are now off topic. Iowa fan should feel free to derail this post about how Hayden Fry was God. (Did you all see what I just did there?)

I have found it fascinating personally, and i'm stoked it has stayed so civil...

Thanks to all who have contributed so far and for giving me something to think about.

Like I mentioned if Judas doesn’t betray Jesus another apostle would have so scriptures would be fulfilled just so happens Judas was the unlucky bastard
Interesting theory. I have to wonder in that hypothetical scenario, which disciple would that have been. Peter and Thomas are the only apostles that showed weakness in their faith but it's hard to imagine either being the guy. James was later shown to be much more strict in his adherence to the old law, but that's Jesus' brother so pretty hard to imagine. You'd kind of have to dismiss the idea of really any one of the martyrs being the guy.

Then again, the betrayal itself wasn't an absolute necessity either, it was just part of Jesus' prophecy that night. Technically it wasn't the pharisees that actually delivered him to the Sanhedrin, so maybe he still gets arrested when the Romans figure out who he is by other means.

Back to the original topic, it would be really interesting to know what was going through Pilates head the next day and if the legend of his wife being true, how he reacted to her conversion.

Reactions: Baxter48
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT