ADVERTISEMENT

In honor of the coach who got suspended for being a moron...who would you have dinner with?

litespeedhuskerfan

Nebraska Legend
Aug 27, 2006
One person.....Not two or three, ya got one shot. Who's it gonna be? Alive or dead...but they gotta be real (Batman isn't real). I'd go for God myself, but I don't want to trigger anyone. So I'll say Trump :) Did I just say two people?

#bekind

Three people throughout time
1-my dad who is passed to share with him his newest grandkids
2-Yogi Berra because I want hear all of the untold stories
3-Martin Luther to heat and discuss so many of the ideas he had

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
One person.....Not two or three, ya got one shot. Who's it gonna be? Alive or dead...but they gotta be real (Batman isn't real). I'd go for God myself, but I don't want to trigger anyone. So I'll say Trump :) Did I just say two people?

#bekind

Winston Churchill...he led a country very effectively even though he suffered from SEVERE depression. A remarkable person. I have a quote of his in front of my desk at work...”If you’re going through hell...keep on walking”. Emotional illness is crippling...and I’ve seen it from people I love. Quite amazing.

Winston Churchill...he led a country very effectively even though he suffered from SEVERE depression. A remarkable person. I have a quote of his in front of my desk at work...”If you’re going through hell...keep on walking”. Emotional illness is crippling...and I’ve seen it from people I love. Quite amazing.

Churchill is by far my favorite statesman of all time. That man had a God given purpose, to lead a country, and really the world, through one of the darkest times in all of human history. He had many issues, but IMO he was the only person who could ever do what he did to lead and overcome. I too have Churchill quotes in my office. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that matters.” And this one I use with my kids. “It is not enough to do our best; sometimes we must do that which is required.”

Last edited:
Churchill is by far my favorite statesman of all time. That man had a God given purpose, to lead a country, and really the world, through one of the darkest times in all of human history. He had many issues, but IMO he was the only person who could ever do what he did to lead and overcome. I too have Churchill quotes in my office. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that matters.” And this one I use with my kids. “It is not enough to do our best; sometimes we must do that which is required.”
Churchill was reckless, bordering on insane and was very fortunate to have a ton of very competent military men around him. He was a little man, petty, arrogant, and weird. Even for the time period he was backward thinking, even suggesting using antrax and poison gas against the germans...thank gawd Ike told he to shut his mouth...literally. He was a royal PITA...he took over at the perfect time but the british people were the heroes of the island and the millions of americans who save them. Catastrophe creates artificial leaders...Stalin, Churchill, Bush were incredibly inept in their responses to tragedy...except people needed a leader and they created one...regardless of reality.

Reactions: Can o' corn
Churchill was reckless, bordering on insane and was very fortunate to have a ton of very competent military men around him. He was a little man, petty, arrogant, and weird. Even for the time period he was backward thinking, even suggesting using antrax and poison gas against the germans...thank gawd Ike told he to shut his mouth...literally. He was a royal PITA...he took over at the perfect time but the british people were the heroes of the island and the millions of americans who save them. Catastrophe creates artificial leaders...Stalin, Churchill, Bush were incredibly inept in their responses to tragedy...except people needed a leader and they created one...regardless of reality.
We won’t mention Roosevelt then

We won’t mention Roosevelt then
Churchill was closer in mind and behavior to Hitler than to Roosevelt. Churchill was an avowed racist, imperialist, and extremely reckless...bordering on genocidal. He had very little power as the empire was crumbling, his army in shambles, and he was at the mercy of the Americans. Don't you find it strange that such a hero was removed from power almost immediately after the war? Every reliable historical source points to Roosevelt as being a generally benevolent leader, if a little naive and easy to sway if in meeting with Stalin. He was too trusting, as were most American leaders...not fully understanding the savage nature of european politics, whether allies or enemies. We were lucky to have him because he was a germanphobe, at a time when Hitler was gaining favor in america. A flip of a coin and we could have allied with germany, and our ignorant, uneducated population would not have known the folly.

Benjamin Disraeli. He was asked the question, what’s the difference between a tragedy and a calamity? And he replied, “It would be a tragedy if Gladstone (his political rival) fell into the Thames and a calamity if someone pulled him out.” He was witty, politically adroit and, along with Gladstone, defined Britain in the last half of the 19th century.

I'd go with Amelia Earhart...

Followed by my grandmother who died at 50 when I was two

Followed by Oswald....I'd love to know....

Amelia is a great one...while I personally think she ended up being fish food, I also think there is at least a chance she died on an island somewhere and I'd kinda like to know for some reason.

Reactions: husker2612
No fake people but some keep saying..........................

Anyway I'll go with my Dad and Hendrix. I know it said one but we are dealing with b.s. magic so I changed the rules.

1) Thomas Fidone. Will he follow his heart or pursue what some say is a better path to the NFL?
2) Mr. Bookman. Was the buzz from huffing all that windshield de-icer worth it?

Stevie Wonder … so I could steal food off his plate

bonus: poor blind kid from Saginaw, Michigan becomes a world famous multi-instrumental and songwriting musical genius. That's quite a story.

ADVERTISEMENT