ADVERTISEMENT

In Hindsight, SF

Huskerpro

Senior
May 15, 2007
Going to UCF was the best thing for Nebraska Football. Not a poignant thought here, but it is becoming more apparent that his national recognition (for recruiting) is the perfect fit with our tradition to get back into the big boy conversation. Exciting things ahead.

Going to UCF was the best thing for Nebraska Football. Not a poignant thought here, but it is becoming more apparent that his national recognition (for recruiting) is the perfect fit with our tradition to get back into the big boy conversation. Exciting things ahead.
Second best thing. The best thing would have been to hire him over MR, like many of us wanted

Second best thing. The best thing would have been to hire him over MR, like many of us wanted

SF said he wouldn’t have came here with the administration that was in place 3 years ago.

I’ll admit I didn’t think SF was ready for the Nebraska job 3 years ago, but if I would have known that Eichorst was going to make a worse hire than Pelini I would have changed my mind..

I was just checking in to see what was going on, it looks to me like SF has one heck of a list going for this weekend and then also again in a couple of weeks. I'm frankly shocked at how many guys he is getting in here. I knew he was kicking some butt, but in my opinion, this recruiting push is like nothing we have seen here. Really impressed, and think we're going to end up with a very good class.

SF said he wouldn’t have came here with the administration that was in place 3 years ago.

I’ll admit I didn’t think SF was ready for the Nebraska job 3 years ago, but if I would have known that Eichorst was going to make a worse hire than Pelini I would have changed my mind..
The way Frost has spoken about the status of the admin of NU when the job was open last time makes me think he was ready for NU, but NU wasn't ready for him.

The way Frost has spoken about the status of the admin of NU when the job was open last time makes me think he was ready for NU, but NU wasn't ready for him.

Disagree, even though he did say previously admin didn’t even consider him.

His conversations with TO was now is the time with finally the right people are in place....

Also go back from what he said on Monday when he was interviewed on College Gameday is where he said this “didn’t have an interest in coming back until things were fixed”

Last edited:

It wouldn't have cost us 35 mill for 7 years either 3 years ago!

Reactions: scarletred

I tend to agree with this. We didn’t come calling so it’s easy to say that he wouldn’t have came. What if it was us vs UCF then? Don’t believe we would have lost that one, regardless of Eichorst.

Even though Scott said he was glad he didn't get a call last time around, he would have been ready for this job 3 years ago. Just another tip of the cap to Ronnie Greene and Hank Bounds, for not having huge political egos like Pedersen and Perlman, and letting happen what should have happened 3 years ago. I may be just another Husker fan like everyone else, but unless our coach after Frost (hopefully in 30+ years) is the second coming of Bob Devaney, I never want to see another non-Nebraskan as the head coach at Nebraska.

Reactions: BigRedBeliever

Is it not funny that when Perlman was named Chancellor - NU football took a dive and now one year after he left things seem to be looking up -

This was the divine plan. Nothing and i mean NOTHING could have added up all the circumstances that led to the legend of SF that is about to begin. Plain and simple. We had some bad karma for a bit, we've paid our dues, God sees fit to bless our program again. Plain and simple.

He’d be neutered under the former administration and suffer.. I think the biggest problem with Nebraska football as been the leadership within the University itself and athletic department. I think (I hope) that has been fixed.

And once again I'll mention that Harvey Perlman, who chose to go it alone when making a very important AD hire at the University of Nebraska, and completely f'ed us, is still employed at our law college.

He didn't go alone. He let Barry Alvarez pick. Because that just makes sense.

Reactions: Baxter48
It wouldn't have cost us 35 mill for 7 years either 3 years ago!
Cheap in today's environment. Nebraska now receiving full BIG share. You don't hire a multiple coach of the year or keep them at basement level prices. If you expect big results, you need to pony up on the pay scale. Nebraska hasn't got this much pub since LP

Reactions: saluno22
And once again I'll mention that Harvey Perlman, who chose to go it alone when making a very important AD hire at the University of Nebraska, and completely f'ed us, is still employed at our law college.

Unbelievable..... and sad

Selfish thread bump because once again, it is so damn evident that the wait is paying off. I haven't been this genuinely excited in years...

Well, given that BO never won LESS THAN 9 games, most any other hire would have been worse.

Your obviously referring to BO's personality. For me, as a Nebraska fan, someone's personality is far down the list of criterion when hiring a coach.

Well, given that BO never won LESS THAN 9 games, most any other hire would have been worse.

Your obviously referring to BO's personality. For me, as a Nebraska fan, someone's personality is far down the list of criterion when hiring a coach.
Maybe, just maybe, he was also referencing Bo’s penchant for losing big games and getting blown out in them as well. After seven years, it was getting worse, not better. And if he continued to win nine games a year, then Frost would not be our coach right now. I think for most people on this board, getting rid of bo three years ago so that we could have Frost now is worth it.

Reactions: HuskerO
Did you just use God's name and "jiz" in the same paragraph to describe an event with a lot of men running around on a cow pasture with a pigskin? SMH man...if God truly is blessing all of that out of some divine karmatic debt I would be floored!

I hope you're not referring to the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. I'm fairly certain you're underestimating the importance of recognizing the holiness of God in that case. God may bless individuals, but a football program....?

God was involved in one sport that I am aware of and that was wrestling, and was one time for a purpose that affected mankind and His glory for the fruition of His redemption of man and defeat of the wannabe usurper of heaven.

God can do whatever He wants. If He wants to bless our football team, He can. If He wants to let our team go down the drain, He can. He is in control of all things whether we like it or not. He spoke the world into existence as well as our own personal lives. He says to pray without ceasing and I will pray He blesses our team this year and every year. But the biggest request is that all players and fans would repent of their sins and place their faith in Jesus who died for their sins.

I think I'll agree with the closest thing to a football "god," TO, who I'm pretty sure once said, "I don't think God cares who wins a football game."

We got a deal on a NC coach. I’m buying UCF’s National Championship argument and proud of their hanging the National Championship banner. They won their Conference Championship game and beat Auburn. While Alabama sat out their conference CG (all of which are treacherous) and lost to Auburn. UCF beat every team on their schedule. Scott Frost already has his first one and he is a bargain.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT