ADVERTISEMENT

I'm done. fire them all

These coaches are horrid. He had a 5-7 record last year....this is the best we could hire? No f'ing way

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
This is so hard to pin point this team in all honesty... I don't know if it's the coaches or the talent level, our secondary is horrible and can't stop anything but then u think the coaches should be able to plan around that... But man it hurts to see this this year

Those who don't see a lack of talent lose credibility by the post, the secondary is garbage, and so is our d line... Argue those facts please go ahead in waiting to hear it... Bottom line is I think it's a combo of both

I have backed Riley the whole time since we hired him. After this i feel the same, Jim at Michigan has his team going, other coaches progress with big name teams and we look like shit. I dont see why, if money wasnt an issue at all, we didnt go spend big time money like other clubs do and get ourselfs a big time coach who is a PROVEN winner.
Now reality, can we honestly fire these guys in the first year without giving them a real chance? Or would we Huskers look a bunch if ass clowns doing this?

I'm trying my hardest to not blame the coaching, but they are making that decision for me. Something's got to give before be become bottom feeders.. Oh wait..

Those who don't see a lack of talent lose credibility by the post, the secondary is garbage, and so is our d line... Argue those facts please go ahead in waiting to hear it... Bottom line is I think it's a combo of both
Lack of talent is the truth. But we have lost two games from terrible coaching.

did not expect rookie type coaching from such a seasoned head coach..

taking the anger out of it, there still is no excuse for this kind of play calling, game management, and clock management..

if they did fire them, I wouldn't complain about it..

you can't begin to tell me these guys know what they are doing with as many mistakes as they made.

Reactions: ncaalover12
Excuse me let me explain the line is garbage.... The d line is garbage at getting pressure on the QB in passing situations there is talent on the d line I'll concede that

Barring a 2-10 season, Riley isn't going anywhere.

Eichorst, on the other hand, should be a little nervous.

The defense played well enough to win. I was behind Riley until this shit today. Absolutely horrible game by the coaches. Run the ball on 3rd and 4th down, game is over.

All coaching, and shouldn't happen with a staff of this experience.

My money is on the kids folding on this staff like a cheap suit. Will make Callhans last year look good

I'm trying to remember if I've ever seen a worse decision in any game in any sport than that 3rd down call. Right now, it's the runaway winner for stupidest thing I've ever seen in sports.

If this were the NFL, someone - perhaps Riley himself - would be fired on Monday.

Reactions: Nebraska Gator II
We can argue lack of talent all we want because there are obviously deficiencys in our roster. However for a coaching staff with the experience that ours is supposed to have there is simply no excuse for the problems we have. We can't throw the ball worth a damn but insist on chucking the ball around the field on a chilly wet field. We refuse to run the ball despite averaging 5-6 yards because it apparently isn't pretty enough. We cant stop even mediocre passing attacks. We cant manage the clock. We are among the most penalized teams in D1. Our special teams less punting are deplorable. What is there left to be optimistic about.

Reactions: HuskerBlueDevil
Honestly, Pat O'Brien. If hes the real deal and we land K Johnson Jr, Homles and Gebba and a few of these other bad ass recruits we are in on, maybe that could help turn this team around. But man this is hard to see until then.

Honestly, Pat O'Brien. If hes the real deal and we land K Johnson Jr, Homles and Gebba and a few of these other bad ass recruits we are in on, maybe that could help turn this team around. But man this is hard to see until then.

"Help is on the way". Where did I hear this before?

I have backed Riley the whole time since we hired him. After this i feel the same, Jim at Michigan has his team going, other coaches progress with big name teams and we look like shit. I dont see why, if money wasnt an issue at all, we didnt go spend big time money like other clubs do and get ourselfs a big time coach who is a PROVEN winner.
Now reality, can we honestly fire these guys in the first year without giving them a real chance? Or would we Huskers look a bunch if ass clowns doing this?
This is exactly why. You guys fire successful coaches. It does not matter if money is not an issue, you will not find a coach that wants to coach under that kind of pressure. Guess what, you are not Nebraska from 1995. When was your last conference title? You guys live in the past and that is why you are 2-3 right now. You found a marginal coach to coach your team. A coach that is not even close to the caliber of Pelini, and now you are getting exactly what you deserve.

I don't like the Oregon State style of play calling where 3rd and 3 is an obvious passing down, but with a pocket passer and some stud receivers the system would work much better.

Got to love the hawk fans. You have never been a winner and will never be one. You may be filling great now but you will start dropping games and the fire Kirk folks will be out like usual. Pelini was fired due to other reasons besides record

Nebraska needs to return to Nebraska offensive football. We are not or will ever be a pro style team. I have been a Riley supporter but he lost me today. I still say part of it is we don't have very good talent but our coaching today was the worst I have ever seen and believe it or not that even includes your boy Kirk f. And he is one of the worst all time!

This is exactly why. You guys fire successful coaches. It does not matter if money is not an issue, you will not find a coach that wants to coach under that kind of pressure. Guess what, you are not Nebraska from 1995. When was your last conference title? You guys live in the past and that is why you are 2-3 right now. You found a marginal coach to coach your team. A coach that is not even close to the caliber of Pelini, and now you are getting exactly what you deserve.

You lost all credibility after the second sentence. Who is the successful coach Nebraska fired? Surely you're not talking about the last three coaches that got their collective arses handed to them from every top caliber team they played, are you??

You lost all credibility after the second sentence. Who is the successful coach Nebraska fired? Surely you're not talking about the last three coaches that got their collective arses handed to them from every top caliber team they played, are you??

You're responding to an Iowa fan, right? What would an Iowa fan know about successful coaching? Not much, it seems.

That is a nice cop out but it doesnt work. There is not top tier talent but there never will be either. There certainly is enough talent to stop making stupid mistakes and make some standard plays now and then. We probably have some of the better D-backs we have had as a group. It is obvious they are woefully short on technique. They get turned around, poor position, bad angles, you name it they do it. They are lost out there, totally lost.

Reactions: GammaxuvirHusker
Got to love the hawk fans. You have never been a winner and will never be one. You may be filling great now but you will start dropping games and the fire Kirk folks will be out like usual. Pelini was fired due to other reasons besides record

Nebraska needs to return to Nebraska offensive football. We are not or will ever be a pro style team. I have been a Riley supporter but he lost me today. I still say part of it is we don't have very good talent but our coaching today was the worst I have ever seen and believe it or not that even includes your boy Kirk f. And he is one of the worst all time!
Sadly, I agree with the Hawk fan

Reactions: meatt21

Excuse me let me explain the line is garbage.... The d line is garbage at getting pressure on the QB in passing situations there is talent on the d line I'll concede that

Really we have Illinois level lack of talent? Also, pretty sure we had two sacks today on a team who had only given two up all year.

Be hard to hire a big name coach if you don't give the current guy a decent chance. Know how fans feel, Mich put up with Brady Hoke way to long but interested coaches knew they'd get a fair test period.

Reactions: TheNewNU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT