ADVERTISEMENT

Whitney Lauenstein is leaving

drubendall

Assistant Head Coach
Apr 18, 2004
She's been struggling since the passing of her dad. Hopefully some time away will help and she will come back if she still has the fire.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Very difficult decision I'm sure. Not everyone can handle things and she is giving up her scholarship with this choice.

I plan on telling my daughter tonight when she gets home: "If something ever happens to me, don't drown yourself in sorrow. Continue to push and work hard to achieve your dreams. Quitting doesn't move you forward and prepares you with regrets in your future."

Best of luck to her in the future.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Very difficult decision I'm sure. Not everyone can handle things and she is giving up her scholarship with this choice.

I plan on telling my daughter tonight when she gets home: "If something ever happens to me, don't drown yourself in sorrow. Continue to push and work hard to achieve your dreams. Quitting doesn't move you forward and prepares you with regrets in your future."

Theres more to life than sports. I understand life goes on but to lose a parent like that at such a young age is extremely difficult. I've had some close friends lose parents and I see how heavily it weighs on them every day. Wish her well and hope she is able to grieve her loss and find peace.

I bet she could pick up a track scholarship pretty easily. I'm guessing that sport would be a lot less of a grind.

Stepping away. Assuming door is open for return but competition is high.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT